Mental Powerset Upgrade

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Miss Martian, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Hello dear people. :)
    We all know that there is a variety of threads relevant to upgrading powersets' graphics, adding new abilities to them and generally asking for a make-over. So I just make the long story short and don't go back through all that stuff which never got a fair enough response, surely if they were planning to change anything, at least there would have been some news coming out. But meh . . . I'm just deeply demanding to improve this freaking powerset. It's literally being a torn and obsolete powerset. No need to remind that Mental is one of the top 10 most popular and used powers by DC Characters in Comics. In comparison with other powersets, it unfairly has less abilities. Alright while we know Mental is one of the F2P powersets, it is not a good deal not to give it some love. Please to everyone who likes this powerset, help in the way of improving it. Mental is supposed to have Mind-Controlling abilities but if you look more clearly, it has none in the game, all it can do is teleknesis and necromancy. I think we need at least a couple of more abilities in this powerset, and in fact one of them must be the ability to take control of an ad/mob and also stay in the ghost mood as much as player wants. It's a ridiculous thing to ask again but will we ever have invisibility and stealth problems solved. Their disability in using movements and how ads acknowledge players, is very unrealistic.
    I'm not trying to object to anything or anyone, I'm just trying to open some eyes, yesterday in the US/PS server I'd been waiting approximately an hour to enter one of the latest duos, it is not because the new episodes and content are ugly or tedious, it's because players are leaving as long as they don't see any attention being paid to such issues and other parts of the game which are much more valuable. Players of this game could at least receive a proper answer to choose whether they still like to go on like this or not.
    Thank you for reading.
    • Like x 1
  2. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Mental problems that need to be looked into/fixed:

8-man group supercharge Bastion, Drop from 60 second cooldown to 30 second cooldown, like the other troll powers have.

Invisibility transformation, delay and auto de-transformation without using any abilities.

Several abilities' power cost (aka psychic prison among others) is too high for any competitive loadouts.

Certain troll abilities overwriting/cancelling Horrific Visage as if it was never cast. (Phantom flames/Psychic Shock) These two abilities in particular seem to like double casting and in some cases during content cancel out Horrific Visage as if it was never used and cooldown of Horrific Visage not started.

This is a common census of what I've seen discussed in this thread among others as well as DCUO youtubers posting videos on builds. Mental is my favorite of the power sets, IMO it has some of the best looking animations for its abilities. However as has been said Mental uses more power than it dishes out damage and has many problems. I'm sure I may have missed some but just tried to get a solid generalized post of what I've seen discussed for Mental. Dev's please look into these.
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm currently disappointed that controllers cant control the ads in the new alert on Oa but i don't know if thats something about mental or just the troll role being shoved into the back again.

For the first time since the revamp there is a reason to put TK pull onto your loadout and...it has no effect on the ads marching towards the boom tubes. cant stun them, slow then, polymorph them. i have 2,000 plus the above recommended dominance for the content (jut from gear alone) and i have to wait for the tank to pull them. the only thing a controller is good for is running around hitting cogs from ads the dps and tank put down.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

No controller or tank can CC the lanterns until they're at half health.
  5. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

So Mepps posted in another thread that they have no plans to fix invisibility..... Well what about everything else in the dozens of threads about the problems with mental. Bastion should be a 30 second cooldown not 60. Same goes for Mass Hysteria.
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

they broke the power so badly they can't fix it. that's one for the resume!
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

this is the least they can do if they cant do anything else
  8. Sexy_Shell Active Player

Also reflect pain is broken. Come on devs fix mental so we can compete
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Am I the only one who’s a bit fed up of having their abilities constantly neutered because “mechanics”?
    • Like x 1
  10. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

No, no you're not.