Mental loadout?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cherry lain, Feb 22, 2013.

1. chaosknight0331 New Player

It is extremely bad for a controller to spam his POT attack. It is meant to be used once every 15-20 seconds. POT works by giving an initial power(only when POT isn't already up), then a tick of power every 5 seconds. If you spam your POT however, you do not get that initial power and you actually reset the counter. Lets say you use telekinesis, then thought bubble a second later, then telekinesis 2 seconds later to throw the bubble. you have essentially wasted 3 seconds of pot and your team must wait another 5 seconds to get a tick of power...if you keep spamming the move you may end up giving no power back to your team.

Tip: Instead of using your POT to throw the bubbles, try psychic resonance, or phantom flames to burst the bubble and cause explosive damage. You can literally clear a group of mobs with just "bubble bursting" and don't have to interupt the POT....also tendrils may be better for POT since it can hit multiple targets and inflict fear when you do use it.
  2. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

Depends on what you want to do as a troll/dps. The illusions tree will affect more targets and has better cast time's(DPS centric). I like terror tendrils(POT) because it has the potential to do more damage and will inflict terror. Next I use phantom flames for my defense debuff because its the only group debuff in the game, meaning it will apply that debuff to more than one target. WOP is my power supercharge for the oh crap moments(Bastion may be used again for T5 since it grants a group shield but WOP fills the power bar faster). Then Psychic Empowerment for my power dump. The supercharge is more of a choice. The must have's is a POT, Power Dump, and a Defense Debuff. A shield is another good choice so you can pick up downed players(should be us or DPS). Lastly I would point out that a ranged or MA weapon would be beneficial, the ideal rotation would be cast POT then any other power necessary and get your weapon counter to ten then power dump. You want to get your hit counter up to gain power back.
    My Loadout

Terror Tendrils(POT) inflicts terror
    Mass Terror (group stun) inflicts terror
    Psychic Emp(power dump)
    Phantom Flames(defense debuff) additional dam from terror
    Menace( single target stun weapon regen) add dam from terror
    WOP/Bastion(power SC)

Troll power rotation
    TT>MT>PE>PF>Menace>PE all clipped into each other then weapons heavy and power dumps reapplying POT and Debuffs as necessary. I also use the Personal Dampening fields for my shield and the terror ampoule for my consumable's.

If you want to use the TK tree I'd go Telekinsis(POT),PE(power dump), TB(defense debuff),PSY Res(explodes TB), Shield, Power SC

For DPS I use

MT, Menace, Granduer, Terrorize, Menace, Psy Shock,

Rotation MT>Menace weapon to ten PSY Shock Weapon to ten MT>Menace until below 35% then use Terrorize (instead of MT both apply terror). You could sub in TK bolt if you use the enduring damage white socket mod for the 60% bonus for 20 secs.

I hope this helps, Mentals fun its mostly beams so make sure your weapon choice has moves that are clippable with what your using. I use Pistols and almost nothing is clippable with the weapons but I adjust and still do well. I love it for the group AoE damage. The group debuff its perfect for a ranged troll but i've seen melee dps's kick butt with it too.