Mental Encasement/PI Bug for Batuba

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by ObsidianChill, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Hi there Batuba,

This mental bug has been persistent for a long time as well If you click this link it will take you do my video breaking down the footage CLICK ME FOR TIMESTAMP

What happens is Cryokinesis will encase targets that are Terrified and Mental's supercharge generator Horrific Visage applies Terror. When the target is encased (which will happen because controllers dom will put it past the dom threshold and on any zero willpower npc's in content) Horrific Visage will not "ghost" the target and since it doesn't ghost/transform the target you will receive none of the extra supercharge generation that is tied to a supercharge generator effectively making it worthless. Cryokinesis would be the favored attack debuff to run because of its lower power cost and faster cooldown.

I've got lots of other things to suggest for mental :p but this will be bug focused only conversations for now ;)
  2. Batuba Developer

I'll take a look in the morning.
    • Like x 1
  3. Batuba Developer

Just to clarify, the issue here is that it doesn't generate Supercharge while the target is encased correct? Not the fact that it doesn't deal damage or transform the target encased into a specter?
  4. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

The first bit is the important part, yes. The damage/transformation is technically extra benefits, but it's not as gameplay affecting from a controller pov.
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The no damaged to encased npcs is present for the powersets as well it’s rarely an issue because a dps will rarely encounter that in an actual alert/raid and if they do it’s momentarily. The supercharge generation is much more of a concern because that directly impacts the core playstyle of mental controlling. If the supercharge generation is directly related to damage then I would guess the underlying issue of damage to encased npcs would have to be addressed to correct it unless there is another easy way :)
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

while we're at it can we please do something about the double casts of some of mentals powers. since the revamp psychic shock, telekinesis and cryokinesis almost always double cast for me. this is a really big problem. it intereferes with my rotations, causes problems when i have to block or roll out of the way, it wastes power. it is extremely frustrating.

there are cooldown issues revolving around terror tendrils and invisibility.

just please...somehow bring the power back to what it was like in the good ole days because right now mental feels more like some weird weak hybrid of ice, fire and sorcery rather than its own power set.
  7. Batuba Developer

This has been changed to where you will get Supercharge from this ability when hitting something encased in ice. This will likely come out the following patch after GU 96