Mental DPS rework?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Oberon83, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Oberon83 New Player

Hey guys,
    Been playing off and on since launch. Maine’s mental during the AM days, then sorcery. Just switched back to mental and... wow. I’ve been trying to cobble together a dps rotation worth having with no dice. I’ve watched tons of videos, no one else seems to know what to do with it either. (Bear in mind, I was sorcery before. Not a “top tier” power. My mental dps averages1000 dps per second less with a LOT more effort).
    There are a few mental threads going, but wanted to see if we could get a conversation about REALISTIC solutions going.
    For a minute a thought I had a bad-*** rotation with thought bubble, and exploding with pyro. Then I realized that won’t work in alerts or raids since encases don’t work. My question is why have a mechanic in the game that isn’t usable in high end content? I get the potential insanity that an entire group using control effects could cause; but couldn’t higher end enemies be “tagged” as encased then burst? Without an actual encase. The same way mass levitation doesn’t actually levitate a raid boss, but still does damage and “tags” them as dazed.
    That’s just one example of a thought (wouldn’t want to center mental around one power). Just wanted to see if we could get some attention from the devs on this issue. I love mental stylistically, and it’s an OG power. I hate that it’s in the state it’s in.