Mental DPS advice

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Anti Pumpkin, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Anti Pumpkin Well-Known Player

I'm currently a might based dps with 200 trans, 200 strat, and 125 solar. I'm wondering if there is a better replacement for solar. Also, I'm curious about switching to precision due to running out of power in most raids. I'm just not sure which arts to run and if precision mental is even good. I don't want to switch if it's going to be a huge loss in damage.
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I run Trans Strat Grim for Mental Might: It's Mental, Mental will always be power-hungry. That said, 200 Grim cuts power drop from Pet Abilities (specifically, Robot Sidekick) and provides Terror-side PI, which allows you to run a compact Burst rotation that still uhm... hurts. Like 51-53K/s Single Target, 100+ on the 8 target set, 30 second parse, that's with +/- 84K Might @ 328 CR: 0 Might Generator mods, 0 Elite Might Mods - I even have a Precision Face mod yo, so if you have all the Might stuff instead, expect those numbers to increase accordingly.

As for Precision, I'm not switching out all my Mods to test which is better at max stats, but buffing my Might Side with Omega and Nitro right now produces less Sparring Target output than my Doomspin armory does "as is"; my Precision side gets 110-117K/s unbuffed on the 8 target set, 30 second parser. If I switch it to ten second parses or use Buffs, it gets Messy. Does about the same Single Target, really; the Might side armory edges ahead a little in 10 second parses, unbuffed, Precision side buffed.

Also, all of these rotations are tested without addition of Henchmen, DPS Trinkets, (most) Buffs, Supply Drop, or any use of SC. The other side of that coin is - 439 SP.

If you're gonna run Mental Precision, get used to the idea of either TK Bolt or Psychic Prison; Menace benefits from 2 mods, so Menace has a short cycle time, thereby allowing you a (little) more functional uptime from Venom Wrist Dispenser. It doesn't benefit from broken Gadgets clipping, Circuit Breaker or Berserk; crapload of Shields though, and plenty of solid AOE and Burst options, so Mental isn't exactly "crap" at the Precision application, even if it's definitely considered stronger Might.
  3. Be Humbled New Player

Do you mean in terms or single target, Ranged aoe or melee? i persoanlly only use solar for single target damage and nothing can really replace it in terms of mental single target at least.o