Mental and GU47

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by boredbean, May 6, 2015.

1. boredbean Level 30

Curious, is mental's AM a viable dps option now? would love to play mental, if it is.
    • Like x 1
  2. generalzod Committed Player

id like to see this I think they got a buff
  3. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

It got a buff but I had stopped using it since it was pretty under powered. I would like to know this as well. It was a lot more fun than some other powers.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Greenman_x, who wrote the guide for mental in the Oracle database section said that it is on par with the top dps powers now. Internet has been down for a couple days so I haven't been able to test for myself yet
    • Like x 1
  5. Rebel230 Well-Known Player

Is the AM loadout the same?

Psychic resonance
    Phantom flames
    TK Bolt
    TK Push
    Either mass terror or mass levitation depending on range
    menace?
  6. Kohina Well-Known Player

Mental is top dps now, I saw a Mental player last night on HOH outdpsing a Quantum player like nothing. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

Mental is great right now, definitely able to keep up with other top powers but not really destroying them. The AM is still a bit boring and restrictive but that finisher...le sigh. It's beautiful.
  8. R0BEARTH Active Player

Hope all of U R right. Last time, when I was using mental, I had my @$$ kicked continously.
  9. DAFLASH6521 Well-Known Player

YES! I have stayed faithful with mental since the beginning.. Can anyone reccomend the best AM loadout for gu47?
  10. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

I'm using resonance, menace, phantom flames, tk bolt, tk push, mass terror (close to mid range) mass lev (long range).
    You can squeeze in a WM mastery between your finisher and next round of amplifiers, but I haven't tested it with the update. The combat parser is way fun to play with. The first (49.4s) is without trinket or orbital (and before I figured out how to make it a minute >.<), the others (77.3s and 60s)with trinket and orbital. Those hit like a truck now btw. Pictures will be gigantic apparently lol, sorry.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. The Anxient Loyal Player

Love that voice chat title in the second pic lol
  12. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

Yeeaahhh, it's my fave lmao
  13. ChuckLess New Player

Mental was my 1st toons Power way back when. Haven't played it in 3+ years. It's the only power I have no real experience with. If it's doin good now, I may switch. I would love to have purple powers!
    • Like x 1
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

What did you attack that you got 28k?

Edit: Nevermind, read the orbital thing and proceeded to get 31k

Also, I'm consistently getting less DPS when using WM between my powers with DW.
    • Like x 3
  15. PickledBuddha New Player

I loved playing my mental toon so much basically just to force move items around the lands into people.
    • Like x 1
  16. Necromonica Shade Well-Known Player

That orbital is out of hand lol. Thanks for the note on wm. Can't wait to bring it into a raid and see what happens :D
  17. Cursed Khagan Well-Known Player

Yeah, I think using WM between powers is pointless now, it's a lot like quantum. I just did LAW and without using WM, I had some consistent crit damages high 20ks.
    • Like x 1
  18. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

When you say between powers do you mean between amplifiers? Or only after the finisher?

19. Belthazur Dedicated Player

OMg My Prayers Have been Answered...I knew Mental was gonna be OP..THANK YOU DEVS
    I LOVE ALL of YOU LONG TIME
    :p
  20. Requiem00 New Player

I've been mental since the game came out. I was getting 35k crits on the high end before the update. I ran hoh last night and was getting between 50-70k crits