Menace clipping

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DEATHTAG, Feb 18, 2013.

1. DEATHTAG New Player

Has anyone been on the test server to check out how menace is clipping? I think it was put on the test server on Friday.
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Yes works exactly as expected. Hit Mass Terror then Menace and end up with menace procs taht will hit with a 50% mod. At least that's my plan
  3. Aiden Warren New Player

Mass Terror then Menace? then menace's 35% buff will take effect,
    or do you mean Menace then Mass Terror?
  4. 13igtyme Devoted Player

He's saying that menace will hit with the 50% mod, which is honest the only thing mental has going for it. Single target crits at 1k with 50%.
  5. DEATHTAG New Player

Yeah menace clipping now will be a nice addition to a power set that could use a little love since the massive mass terror nerf. LOL
  6. BrotherMutant New Player

So, make sure I get this right before I respec when it goes live, if I use hand blasters for the power regen (the fastest (?) hit counter I know of) AFTER using the following on a single target, what could I expect?

Pyrokinesis (45%)/cryokinesis (50%)/clip with Menace (35%)/pulse beam with HBs.

I assume that I would get a decent damage buff for my procs from Menace and they should show up as fast as possible because the number of Menace procs are based on how fast you can hit a target in that window of opportunity. I am correct in assuming the Menace Procs (being yellow numbers) are based on might? So a might-based toon could theorhetically be possible for my Mental DPS yes? I could use the Self Bub too for some extra protection and the same 50% dmg buff.
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

With that rotation you'll want to make sure you're keeping it dazed AND Terrorized. Or, go without PI's but that's a lot of damage left on the table.
  8. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Actually, he could do well without the dazing, but I agree that he'll need at least Terror on his loadout.

That said, now I just realize what you're up to BrotherMutant. You really can't bypass Mass Terror or Terror Tendrils as either power will be your main source of applying Terror. Unless you're perfectly fine with using Terrorize even without the -35% HP on your targets, that is.
  9. DEATHTAG New Player

Your menace will do extra damage with terror power interaction. So mass terror clipped with menace will work well since the 2nd tick will hit harder then do phantom flames or shock. Or you could do pyro clipped with menace then mass terror phantom flames/shock or extra terror damage. I think the first proc from menace will be power activated and procs after are weapon. Correct me if I'm wrong cause I may be.
  10. DEATHTAG New Player

Buy either way, menace clipping is going to be great cause mental has a lot of funky animations that do delay a bit so it will be better for the DPS side of things IMO.
  11. BrotherMutant New Player

Bless your hearts.

Forgot to mention I was using terror tendrils as my starter (nice AoE) or Telekinesis to get that incapacitated buff on them. But I thought Pyrokinesis set up a dazed effect? Am I wrong? Will log on later to check but I was certain it stunned the guy hit. So Menace gets PI from Terror only? Hmmm, might have to lose the tk bub of protection to look into Mass Terror. Thanks again guys for the advice, will try some of these tricks out in advance to see if they flow well.
  12. Outs01 New Player

Can't wait for this update. Hopefully they don't take it away from us after it goes live.