Memory Error

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by TheThetaKnight, Apr 2, 2014.

1. TheThetaKnight New Player

So, guys, I just got DC Universe Online and I was really happy. When I tried to install it, it would get to like 99% then say that I had no memory left. So I went and checked my Local Disk and it said that I still have 31 gigs of free space left. What's wrong?
  2. OnceUponATime New Player

First of all installers normally don't refer to hard disk space as memory, memory is normally used to refer to RAM, so the exact error message may be important here.

Secondly installers use temporary files while they are installing, usually on your C drive. If you have multiple disk drive you will need to make sure you have enough room for both the install (in this case about 20GB) and temporary files while the install is happening, plus your system will still need some free disk space or it'll start having hissy fits.

The launchpad should install the files as it goes along so if you already reached 99% just running the launchpad again should be enough to allow it to pick up those final bits and finish.

Did the launchpad install and run properly and the download began (or did it give you this error while it was installing the launchpad?)
    What was the exact error message?
    Do you have multiple hard disks?
    How much RAM do you have?
  3. TheThetaKnight New Player

Yeah, so I checked how much RAM I have and now I see. The error message kept on saying "Error Occured Not Enough Memory: 512 megabytes". Now that I think of it, I have 512 megabytes of RAM. Is that why? If so, how can I get more RAM for free? Oh, and I have only 1 hard drive.
  4. OnceUponATime New Player

The minimum requirement for DCUO is 1GB and the recommended is significantly more than that. Once you factor in system resources taking up space in your memory it's probably dying because there's just not enough room for it to handle the larger files during the install. Unfortunately your RAM is part of your hardware, so you are unlikely to be able to get more for free unless you have some geeky friends that hold onto their old RAM for spare parts.
    • Like x 1
  5. TSR-AlexS Customer Service