Member Appreciation Week!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 1, 2018.

1. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And still pissed about that! :mad:
    • Like x 1
  2. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

Having several alts languishing in the 110-130 CR range, this pleases me greatly. Your appreciation is appreciated. :cool:
  3. Dagyr Doom Level 30

4. ejester New Player

I feel like this is less about being appreciated as a paying member and more about getting more paying members period.

I mean let's break it down:

- The CR170 - pointless. Only good for raising an alt. They give this away because this is basically a free alt, trying to get you to stay in the game more.

- 10% extra discount....I get better discounts from my drug store every saturday. This is just sad.

and that's it. Literally a WHOLE WEEK of "member appreciation" for that.

I feel like as a paying member, if this is what I have to look forward to as a "reward" I should just stop paying now and count myself lucky I saved some money. Why exactly are you so stingy?

Could've raised rates, bumped the discount up to 30, 40, even 50% ( I mean, it is a PAID member bonus, not a EVERYONE bonus right? ), could've given away stabilizers, extra vault runs, ... etc, etc, etc. My point is, you could have literally done almost anything and it would've been better than what we currently have.

Sure, there will be a some people will say you didn't have to do anything and that is true, but if you worked all year and your boss came in and slapped you in the face on xmas eve, dropped a 10% coupon, said merry xmas and left. It would be no different than what we just got imho.

Your entire membership appreciation week has made me cancel my account, so thanks for that.
  5. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That's somewhat wrong. I bought Deluge through the ingame store. Whether it takes ingame cash or using a cc is irrelevant as it's offered in the ingame store, just like buying daybreak cash is. That discount should then apply to the website store as well. I'm waiting to hear from an official Daybreak rep, which means Meppers.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Okay, you want official, here's the official words from the dcuniverseonline.com shop page on legendary.
    https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/shop/membership

YOU CAN NOT BUY DLCS WITH DAYBREAK CASH. You don't get the 10% discount on them. You can get the discount on ANYTHING that is purchased with that cash.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Since I would never buy one, thought I would give my review of the skip to 170cr token.

First things first. Money. You can't start people at 170cr with no money. Not saying to start handing out cash, but a new player going straight to 170cr with no money is bad. You can repair, you can't do much of anything. They idea behind these is for players to actually skip ahead. Guess what? You can't. First thing we had to do was run some lower tier content.

Next is marks. Now this would be a members perk only, but maybe supply them with enough marks of victory to unlock the white mods.

These two things would make this 45 dollar item a bit more worth it.

I don't see any harm in starting someone with 10k cash, and 10 Mark's of victory. Obviously if they were not a member. The cash would fall down to the normal amounts. The marks are a bit of a deal breaker for me though. We aren't starting at the beginning after all.

Just a suggestion for the devs. Maybe in the future. If you do a skip token. Think about where you are leaving someone if they do skip. They get locked out of a lot of content, marks wise.
    • Like x 2
  8. Imaginos Dedicated Player

See the part where it says "purchases made using Daybreak Cash, Marketplace Cash, or real world currency" REAL WORLD CURRENCY. Also they have had sales in the past on daybreak cash and other things which you bought through the website or the store as I've done that before.

You're kind of a jerk so I'm going to ignore you from now on.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm trying to help you understand. DLCs are not included in the 10% (20%) discount because they can't be purchased in the MP while you are legendary and the discount does not apply outside of the game.

I'm trying to help and you are stubbornly ignoring it hoping that Mepps will say "okay, you get the discount". It's always been this way.
    • Like x 3
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

11. rimvader Well-Known Player

PC players spend some of their time on Test Servers helping the Devs tweak new content. Giving " Valuable feedback" while putting time into alts that can be erased for things like Stat Revamp testing:mad: R.I.P. 3Hole, AlwaysAngery, and Velma :oops: .
    We (PC's) get it if things can't roll out smoothly, just want to be told what's going on up front or we will come up with the worse case scenarios.
    • Like x 1
  12. BumblingB I got better.

PC Test is open to anyone, console players can access it, free players can access it, premium players can access it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Poor BumblingB has gotten a lot of undeserved hate these last couple of days, lol. Not sure why. I guess people don't care for rational explanations if it doesn't fit what they want to hear anymore, lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. rimvader Well-Known Player

2013 I started being active on the test server and you had to be a member. Being free to all now was not the case back then. A good move on their(devs) part.
    This adds to my main point, we (only pc back then) were willing to stop farming exo's and sp on live server to run on test server while legendary. We were willing to take time to help the game 'on our own dime'. We can understand if we can't get the same deals as PS4 and XBOX one because of the AllAccess mess, just want DayBreak to say that in the initial post.
    • Like x 1
  15. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

#PrayForBumblingB :p
    • Like x 3
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I bet if they took a poll they'd find that 90-95% of players would rather have periodic membership sales rather than AllAccess. However, AllAccess participation mind not be up to DCUO either.

Daybreak: "You're going to have AllAccess and you're going to like it!"

DCUO: "Yes, mother. Sigh." (texts Planetside 2: "Why does H1Z1 always get the special treatment? Mom and didn't didn't even remember to buy me shoes for school. I had to steal them from 'Winter. When I turn 18 I'm out of here..."

Planetside: "I know. I met a Swedish businesswoman online and we're planning to elope next week. Just don't tell anyone."

DCUO: "K."

Later that day:

DCUO: "Mom, Planetside is planning to elope with a Swedish businesswoman!!!!"

Daybreak: "What? Where did you hear that?"

DCUO: "P texted me. Look."

Daybreak: "Well, I'll have to have a little 'chat' with Planetside."

DCUO: "Do you love me now?"

Daybreak: "Finish eating your vegetables and go vacuum H1Z1's room."

DCUO - A single tear rolls down DCUO's cheek while Daybreak leaves the room coldly.
    • Like x 1
  17. Barry Allen TF New Player

Is it only 1 cr skip? o_O
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

i was continuing on your failed sarcasm that PC players did not get a membership discount by throwing the added cost to xbox one players.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry, I really don't do sarcasm especially in a forum format.

Here are two very good articles as to why I do not do sarcasm. :)

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=30323210

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/think-well/201206/think-sarcasm-is-funny-think-again

If you do deal with sarcastic people all the time. These two articles above will give you great insight as to why they are sarcastic. :)