@Megzilla - Question about existing style

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Arqueiro Robusto, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Dual wield Scarecrow cleavers exist within the game. There are maybe 2 people that have the style in the game. It was taken out of the game for NO reason. May we please have this added to the drop table?
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

3. Megzilla Developer

Here is your reason why it was taken out. TLDR: branding.
  4. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Why can it not be added back Arkham Asylum loot table? It was originally part of the loot table there but removed for no reason. I mean "Hopefully we can get them out soon" shouldn't take 4 years. Cmon.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Hmmm... How much branding is necessary to make it worth adding to the loot table or vendor? Crafty said that he would put it on the radar, but nothing came of it in four years. And Scarecrow has made an appearance a few times since then.

Does it require an entire Arkham Asylum DLC to be released to have it come back?
  6. Megzilla Developer

I will reiterate; the reason was branding related. I don't anticipate us inquiring about adding them back in.
    • Like x 3
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

"But But I thought DBG had better tides with WB."-Everyone else who had this assumption.

I keep trying to tell people that this is a licensed game and that you folks can't really get stuff into the game without WB approving of it, but folks refuse to listen lol.

Anyways, thanks for your response on this Megzilla. It's unfortunate that the clevers can't come due to branding, but at least we know the reason behind it.
    • Like x 2
  8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I suspect the problem with these responses, and why they are being repeated, is that most players have no idea what "branding" as an answer means. I'm afraid most people need a longer explanation than a single word as to what "branding" is referring to specifically here. One word is clearly not sufficient. Not everyone speaks industry-speak.

(I have to say that I'm not going to attempt an explanation because I'm not 100% clear what you are referring to, either. DC doesn't want Scarecrow associated with cleavers?)
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

How could you possibly know there was "no reason"? Are you omniscient?
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The context in the link she provided indicates that items released need to be related to content they're a part of. One would've hoped that the Gotham Gang War would've been close enough, but I guess that since scarecrow wasn't a significant part of it, maybe they couldn't. I honestly can't even find in the comics where he ever used cleavers, but I'm no scarecrow expert either. He seemed to prefer pitchforks most of the time.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

are you meaning this is a WB doesn't want them in the game type branding issue or it's a DCUO want them to relate to a relevant DLC and have no immediate plans to release scarecrow type content type branding issue.

People seem to be hypothesizing this as noted above and I'e been curious myself why these weren't added back to the game, they're a highly requested item so it's kind of disappointing there's no plans to inquire as to adding them back in :(
  12. Megzilla Developer

I wasn't part of the team this all happened, the only context I have is that thread and we work with the licensing. Best I can guess is that that piece of content didn't align with how DC wanted Scarecrow to be portrayed, ergo it was "off brand". I also don't know why dual wielding got pulled but we still have the one hand.
    • Like x 7
  13. Proxystar #Perception

The one handed scare crow cleaver is an iconic purple drop from scarecrow in the Arkham Asylum alert, so in that case it would seem to be appropriately branded.

I guess the question would be, can the duel wield cleavers be re-added in to the game then as a drop off an appropriate boss such as say a rare drop from the daily bounty in open world amusement mile (riddled with crime) or the scarecrow sewer solo instance.

Or is it likely DC would block such a move?
  14. Megzilla Developer

This is outside of what I can speak to, unfortunately, as I don't determine loot tables etc. I don't see us going back and reworking it but I can keep it in mind that cleavers are something people are interested in for dual wield styles.
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks, much appreciated.
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They can just add the cleavers to where they originally dropped from in the chest in Outer Caverns and let everyone replay that raid again for the chance at them :D or whichever dev had the sneakiness to add it to the test server build as a vendor weapon to tease us.
    • Like x 3
  17. Bzzzztt Active Player

<ahem>

Coming up in early 2019: The Arkham Time Capsule!

Collection: Dr. Psycho's Notes: 'member him, the lil guy from the Metropolis Hospital? Get insight into the residents of Arkham by gathering these notes from Dr. Psycho's notebook, with his, um, unique perspective. (Golden Rare piece: Detailed sketch of Poison Ivy that appears to have been drooled on)
    Reward: The Insane-o Cape-o! This stylish cape, made by sewing together a straight jacket and one of those spiffy orange jumpsuits, is guaranteed to grab attention, whether on the red carpet, nightclub, or just your every day riotous rampage!

Collection: Holy Prescriptions, Batman!: The ransacking of the Arkham pharmacy has led to no end of confusion for their overworked staff. You can help out (or hinder!) by finding these missing prescriptions and returning (or burning!) them. (Golden Rare piece: Harley's Prescription Strength Mydol)
    Reward: The Mood Ring Aura: This aura appears as 5 rings (think of it as thin hula hoops, at ankle, knee, bellybutton, shoulder, and top of the head levels) that change colors based on your mood! (Well, it's actually just random changes, but you get the idea)

Collection: Focus, Focus... Oh Look, A Bunny!: Distractions abound at Arkham. Find these twelve random distractions. If you dont lose focus on... on... uh, what was I saying? (Golden Rare piece: The missing Batmobile token from the rec room Gotham-opoly set)
    Reward: The Fade Away Material: This material causes covered areas to fade in and out randomly. Kind of like mental or gadgets going to stealth, but about 50% more visible. (Cosmetic only, the fade outs offer no combat bonuses)

And, to bring this steaming pile of nonsense back to the topic at hand:

* * * Insanity Gear: New type of scaling gear boxes that allow you to not only chose which role it is for when opened, but you also get to choose one of five styles based on your favorite Arkham loonies: Joker, Harley, Scarecrow, Ivy, or Penguin.

Completing a full set of a style awards a 25 point feat (why not 50? see below.), AND allows you to purchase from the Quarks vendor a weapon style set appropriate to that style (cleavers, pitchforks, etc for Scarecrow, obvs. And I personally would dearly LOVE a full set of weaponized umbrellas for Penguin. Ah, to run around Gotham in my top hat and spats, whacking evil doers with dual-wielded umbrellas . . .). These special weapon sets are ONLY available from the Q vendor, and ONLY if you have the appropriate feat.

Whats that? You say you want all 5? Nobody said you were limited to only one! That's right my friends and enemies, you can obtain all 5 styles just by opening more boxes and selecting the other styles! And receive the 25 feat points for each one! This, plus making the special weapon styles available, is why the feats aren't 50 points each.

Players, don't read the following paragraph --
    Devs: <evil laugh while rubbing my hands together> Yes, that's right! 5 times the boxes! 5 times the stabilizers! 5 times the marketplace revenue! Ka-CHING ya drooling fanboys and nerdgirls! MWAHAHA!
  18. Proxystar #Perception

They were probably removed from there in the first place for the same reason.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Schimera is about to have deja vu.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I can understand the branding thing.

Look at it this way. We found these cleavers laying in the lost & found and we need to figure out who they belong to.

Who says that these dual cleavers must belong to Scarecrow anyway. DCUO already tried to give the cleavers to Scarecrow before and he refused....... He said because he would never buy something like that.

He also said Bruh....................That AINT my style.:D Those cleavers MUST belong to someone else.

We just need to find the right owner. ;)

Personally, I think the cleavers belong to one of these women.
    Lady Chiva and Cheshire both use dual weapons and they are weapon masters. I think one of these women might admit to owning these cleavers.:D I'm sure we can ask both of these two women if they own the cleavers. All they can say is no and maybe brow beat us to death. :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]