Mechanics Training Dummy

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RavNoc, Jun 19, 2022.

1. RavNoc Dedicated Player

Throws red skulls and red pools and other neat stuff. If you missed idk you die or something. Required in tutorial and before finishing level 30 mission. Also CR skip. Maybe throw it at the entrance to every dang raid as well.

That'll teach em.
    • Like x 3
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We could get solos with that mechanic, since most players usually start the game by doing solos whenever they first engage the on-duty menu. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. RavNoc Dedicated Player

Or even a required solo (once per account) where you have to complete a certain % of mechanics training to be able to proceed further in the game :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Isn't this the speedster solo? For the AOE damage at least. Make that Mirror Master fight a slight bit tougher and drop it in as a 'training' mission. I'm all for it!

But yeah, a boss sparring dummy that could throw 1 shots would be neat too.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Maybe it could have tutorials for certain types of mechanics, in a training instance similar to the LPVE one.

Have ally NPCs that would adhere to certain mechanics (especially positioning based ones like AOEs or the green marker from Source Wall raid). Not far off a similar thing that FFXIV has when you queue with the Trust system for certain content there.

Would be great for DCUO but a lot of work and I don't see it happening anytime soon sadly.
    • Like x 1
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

All the speedster solo taught me was not to stand in one place while fighting. Most content doesn't require it to that degree, or maybe I missed the actual mechanics?
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Uh, I'd say 90% of the content requires that you move out of an AOE at some point or risk death. I think we've gotten away from that because most OP Endgame healers can heal you through stupid decisions. As the solo doesn't have a healer to bail you out (unless you yourself are one), it's a lesson to learn for sure.

But yeah, I was mainly joking as so many people feel this fight is impassible (it's not).
    • Like x 2