Me9aMan's Hybrid Battery Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by JZtheDragon, Nov 18, 2014.

1. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

As I mention before, my thread isn't a Guide to Hybriding. It's a central area to discuss Q&A for those that are interested in hybriding.

And I also mentioned that those few threads are reserved for successful builds. If that intention was never clear, then I apologize for not making it simpler.

Anyways, JZ, my thread was never meant to be a guide, but a Q&A thread for those interested in coming up with their own. It was never intended to be a guide itself. Hence I don't put any deep information. Just general that would help people do it on their own.
    • Like x 1
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

So M9 (Lolz),

So I went through your guide and there are only a few things similar which is the important things.

Typically the loadout and the way to run it with AM is correctly used and most beneficial.

Have you read about Penryn's power positive post and how it works? The reason why I ask is I notice your vit was up to 3k but might was 4k.

In alerts, that's a really good setup. In raids it's good too.

My approach is a little bit different. The reason being, with Battle Display, I'm able to constantly power myself up. With the power positive concept, you are able to provide a plus power back to yourself.

I haven't check the new gear cost yet. But I'll throw in examples.

Defib cost 400.

GG, FG, Foam cost 500, 400, 500. EMP cost 600. These are all random figures so please dont' quote me on actual cost.
    Obviously, straight DPS gear will give you back the cost of the power itself so it even things out. But if you are throwing defib between that rotation, you got to compensate somehow.

With the vit you have, you're easily compensating it. So each power back, would end up being 750, 550, 750, 750. 250+150+250+150. That's 800 power positive you're giving back. Which in your rotation, you spend 400 from defib twice. That sounds pretty reasonable plus, you have pot received from the main troller if this was a raid. if this was an alert and you was handling the power for non troller run, this would be possible to do. Ofcourse, with sodas trinkets and etc available it helps.

Hope this information helps a bit. Me and Pen haven't had the chance to actual look at the new power cost numbers yet.
  3. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Another thing I wanted to let you know.

I started hybriding before AM for Gadgets came out. So needless to say, it was all about WM.
    That's another thing you could try to venture into. The difference would be how you mod yourself. If you had more might, I stick to AM. Precision, WM rotation would be good.

A general WM DPS wouldnt' use as much power.

AM doesn't need high vit in Hybrid form while WM would.
  4. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Actually I hadn't read what Penryn put out, just got the thrust in discussion. I'll have to read up.

I try and carry a full set of dps and troll armor while running around and just use the least feasible amount of vit. As of late the costs have been jumping quite a bit with dudes at 111, 112 cr and going balls deep in power cost, tanks in particular in areas with a huge amount of adds to manage. Depending the power used my returns hit 800 and 1000 or so. I want to have enough to breakout as needed and take myself off of empty for the occasional slip up due to ranging or whatnot.
  5. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Having a hard time finding it since Pen has a private profile page and 'power positive' didn't yield search results. Can you link?
  6. TheDark Devoted Player

ooo really? I'll take it if you haven't sold it already.
  7. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

I haven't fully explored WM in gads since I already have an earth that's straight prec; just WM with split gear and defib I'm guessing? At the moment I'm only after might/vit, so I'll stick it out as AM. Would be cool to be back to using my HB style though :)
  8. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Lol no one's buying or selling last I checked. Was thinking this build might help that, but yeah all yours. The name again?
    • Like x 1
  9. TheDark Devoted Player

Neat. Darkman.
  10. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

That's what I thought it was, I just forgot to add friend. Nice reference btw lol
  11. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Main thing is to have enough. I borderline my vit so i can have heavy dps stats. Just enough to keep me positive to keep team powered.
  12. TheDark Devoted Player

I actually didn't know there was a Darkman movie out there when I made my toon. Like 3 years ago someone told me Liam Neeson played him. I was like cool.... Raz al ghul is Darkman.

Also, I notice sometimes that my Defib after my 3rd power in the 3xPI set up usually screws up my EMP. I think it might be server lag. It's really annoying. I'm on wireless so I might try a wire. Maybe that'll solve it.

Other thing, I like dealing damage while in Controller role because I can control NPCs. So that set is Vit & Prec because of WM damage. Once I get my DPS gear modded I'm definitely going to get a few separate pieces of troll gear and mod them with Vit & might. My DPS gear usually has Vit & Might in yellow sockets anyway.
    • Like x 1
  13. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I forgot to tell you.

Your build mention here was named battery because you will be doing mostly power. This fits well with AM with the constant power positive return.

With a WM DPS loadout, you don't necessarily need 4 powers specifically for damage. 2 or 3 would be enough to push hard dps. Which leaves you with 3 powers for other things.

I was hybriding in Lockdown and our troller didn't know how to tag kraze. I used this WM loadout which had distract in it. So once I am in position, when kraze teleports, I vanish. It's pretty neat.

I also would have decoy since it's one of the best support powers in the game by far. For any tough situations that needs getting out of.
    • Like x 1
  14. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Ooh, I love safe trolling. It's a good feeling, single handedly averting a wipe. Doing that from damage stance with good damage out sounds excellent. Sounds like I might be making room on my armories for another hybrid :)

Going over it in my head, but Vort applies and uses its own pi. That and WM would do the job, no? Then I'd have defib, distract and decoy, the main draw to the build for me. With that extra room I could go intim and NN since I'm dazing anyway and it's further defense. Drone, Turret and/or RS also a possibility. I'd definitely have the power points left over with such a stripped down approach. Without Battle Display I couldn't replace the need of a troll for alerts, but it could totally do as a great 2nd troll in raids or a particularly slippery damager wherever. <-- Damn, that description sounds very Nightwing to me.
  15. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Was trying some of these out and I'm quite happy with VC as a main damage move. Distract and NN make for a good UWC defensive game; Distract and Decoy work well together to break targetting on you. Am curious if the 25% mit from Decoy stacks with the mitigation from NN and Distract. Intim looks to do more or equal damage with any of the pets and isn't destroyed if you want to stealth, which I'm switching on in place of Defib if I'm pvping. Looks like I got a new pvp load, in addition to a great dps/hybrid that doesn't counteract other gad dots.

What I'm working with:
    [VC] [Intim ] [NN] [Defib or Stealth] [Distract] [Decoy]
  16. LeonS Kennedy New Player

And to think I thought I was the only one doing this, it's a very interesting concept that makes spamming insta power a little more fun, I was gonna try out a few loadouts once I get back from Chrismas vacation.
    • Like x 1
  17. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I meant to write about my findings as a mental hybrid battery in this thread earlier. Anyways, I have successfully used Mental's AM mechanics to easily hybrid battery. I use the following loadout:

Telekinetic Bolt (TB), Mass Levitation (ML), Pyrokenesis (Pyro), Psychic Empowerment (PE), Psychic Resonance (PR), Bastion.

I use Psychic Resonance to start my AM (resonance), everytime I use ML it restarts my resonance, so there is no need to use Psychic Resonance again unless it runs out or I get interrupted/knocked. I use the following attack chain:

Start Phase:
    PR --> TB --> ML --> Pyro\PE (Start with PR to get AM going, use Pyro for additional damage over time)
    Cycle:
    TB --> ML\PE (Repeat this until Pyro DoTs needs to be reapplied or if AM needs to be restarted. This cycle takes 2.5 seconds)
    ( x \ y indicates, power "x" clipped with power "y")

I have 3800 might and 3640 vitalization while in Hybrid Battery mode, so every time I hit my PE, the 3 lowest teammates get on average 540 power back. This is over 1000 power back every 5 seconds (which is far better than my PoT as a troller).

Also, everytime ML is used, I get super regeneration for my SC. This allows me to refill my super-charge bar very quickly, so I have my Bastion (a SC team shield that supplies PoT to all teammates) re-upped numerous times during long battles and is great to fall back on if my team needs the additional power (or shield protection).

My experience as a hybrid battery is such that any Duo or Alert, my teammates are almost always at full power. I have only attempted to solo the power duties of a raid once (Necro). I did it successfully, but it is extremely challenging. I prefer to be a backup battery to a main troller. Even if the main troller has less vitalization, they can run PoT and supply their typical power dump and I run as my Hybrid Battery to help the team stayed full of the blue stuff. This helped in the L&W raid when the Vexers were out, as I had enough "Power Plus" to keep myself and others powered.

My character is Telepathic GGirl, so if anyone recalls playing with me, you can attest to my capabilities.
    • Like x 1
  18. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Sounds great. What are your dps capabilities looking like? 50-60% of a high-end damager's damage out is normal for gad's hybrid emp route. At a certain point you might find you can skimp some vit to push might; I carry both sets of gear to adjust to my team's demands.
  19. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Well my damage output is typically 1.5-2x greater than the highest support player, however I don't recall how I compare with highest DPS players. I only have 105 skill points, so I am not fully spec'd into the weapon crits to up my damage. I suppose if I had 120 skill points (which would allow me to get all of the power and weapon crits, plus the 7 movement innates and get the movement tree's PoT power to replace Bastion - [Vacuum Bubble in my case]). Then I would perform better damage.

Currently, I have a non-base crit chance of 15% and a non-base crit attack damage of 50%. If I had 120 sp, I would up this to 19% chance and 82% damage. Using the following formula from Remander, I could have an average damage increase of:
    Average Damage (current): [(0.05+0.15)*(1.25+0.50) + (1 - 0.05 - 0.15)]*DMG = 1.15*DMG
    Average Damage (120 sp): [(0.05+0.19)*(1.25+0.82) + (1 - 0.05 - 0.19)]*DMG = 1.26*DMG

So having enough skill points to achieve all of my crits will increase my damage output by roughly 9%.

Granted, this is while still in all troller gear. If I were to swap my shoulders and legs, I would decrease my vit by ~320. But I would increase my might by ~450 (Including appropriate mods). This will increase my non-base ability attack crit chance by 5% AND increase my might by ~12%. So my results should increase by:

Average Damage (120sp AND DPS legs and shoulders): [(0.05 + 0.24)*(1.25+0.82) + (1 - 0.05 - 0.24)]*1.12*DMG = 1.47*DMG

By having the legs and shoulders swapped in, my damage will increase by 28% from my current performance.

Finally, I must state the fact that I do focus solely on the support side. If I wish to change up my play style such that I do more damage (which is reasonable since I currently use Bastion as a fail safe, but rarely need it), then I could swap in another attack power besides Bastion. I would choose Thought Bubble for its DoTs. So if I were to switch up my rotation to include Thought Bubble, then I believe I would see a fairly significant increase to my damage output. I don't believe I would necessarily reach 50-60% of top DPS players, but I should be able to approximately double my current damage output. In fact, I could get tricky (and a bit risky) by incorporating Invisibility and hiding a DPS SC in my stealth loadout for potentially increased Damage.... just a consideration... or possibly use a Robot Sidekick, though they would be too squishy in my opinion. Also, I can substitute in my Damage trinket (currently use the troller trinket) which would up my might temporarily by 1221 might, which is a huge increase although only for a short duration.

If I had to make a final call, I would probably swap in Invisibility and hide my SC's, Pyrokenesis, and Psychic Resonance in its loadout. Not sure how well it would perform once enemies start attacking me, but it could be fun.

Edit: Turns out Thought Bubble can't be in a stealth loadout, so I substituted Pyrokenesis and would put Thought Bubble in my regular loadout.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Soo.
    I want try this with Quantum when it gets the AM.
    • Like x 1