Maybe I'm just going crazy but...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jafin, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ever since the first hotfix after The Bombshells Paradox was announced and went on the test server I have been hearing someone who sounds and awful lot like Talia Al Ghul laughing every now and then when I enter a raid. The first time I noticed it was when I went into Paradox Wave. I spawned in with my teammates and as soon as the loading screen was finished I heard a low, female laugh. I asked if anyone else had heard it but nobody noticed anything. I have heard it a couple of times when I spawned into NGN also.

What we know so far is that The Bombshells Paradox is the start of a League of Assassins story arc that has something to do with the Multiverse. The Bombshells Paradox is filled with paradox ruptures, and Talia is clearly behind that whole operation. Beyond that we have no idea yet what the motive behind the LoA storyline is, or who is orchestrating it. I would, personally, guess that Talia is behind it, and it has me wondering...have the devs added in Talia randomly laughing menacingly when you enter a raid as if she's watching over you, or is this something that has always been there that I never noticed?

If it is an easter egg, then it makes total sense to hear it when entering Paradox Wave because of obvious reasons, but some doubts cropped up when I started hearing it in NGN too because that doesn't seem like a place that she would be watching over, but I could be wrong.

Or I'm just going crazy and hearing things that aren't actually there.

And before anyone asks, no it was definitely not the laugh that Sorcery's Fury does when it's summoned, this was definitely a female voice.

Edit: Turns out they ninja-added a laugh to Crystal when she's summoned. Disregard my wild conspiracy theory.
  2. Sbel Devoted Player

Have you been playing with a Earth dps? Crystal laughs a female laugh when summoned now. It was added a couple of updates ago.
    • Like x 2
  3. Captain Neos Committed Player

Not Fury but I'm thinking it might have been Crystal, she got a laugh that confused the hell out of me when I spawned anywhere on my earth toon.

Edit: Beaten to the punch by Sbel lol.
    • Like x 2
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Goddammit. Goddammit to hell! I even went on YouTube to check if Crystal laughed when she was summoned but the video I watched was from 3 or 4 months ago and she just made that...Earthy sound when she was summoned.

There is only one Earth player in my league and she tanks 99% of the time, so it is possible, but unlikely, that it was her. I'll go summon Crystal myself and see if it was the same sound so I can facepalm...
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I hear it as well so idk.
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

in NGN mainly

but yea its a muffled laugh figured it was a pet laugh never thought nothing of it.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ok it was Crystal trolling me with her new laugh.

I liked my theory better.
    • Like x 2
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea seemed more interesting lol