Mayan Hands and Insanity

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dwild, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Dwild Well-Known Player

Warning...this is a whine, but I just cant help it. I've done the Catwoman solo over 50 times. But today was just last straw. FIVE identical chestpieces. FIVE. And a Mayan Helm, a Tank spec Ring, a Tank spec pair of non Mayan hands and a green cestus Ive gotten about 30 times in there. I have all the Mayan items except the hands. (Have also done multiple duos elsewere on the myth that they drop in duos.) Every time I do this solo I get chestpieces, boots, helms, belts, everything but the hands. Even picked up 2 pairs of the supposedly rare Catburgler Legs. Surprisingly, I didn't get yet another pair of Mayan boots; I almost always do. At present this solo gives a few MoTs but the drops are good only as salvage, which, eventually I suppose will grant me a R&D feat. Assuming I do the solo another 200 times or so. And this is for a style feat thats only good for 10 feat points. This begins to teeter upon the absurd. Doubly so; not only has "random" been pushed far beyond belief, but also because I absurdly keep doing this fight for a chance at such a meagre return. I mean come on! Is this some sort of experiment in the limits of human frustration? Are the DCUO Gods sitting upon the clouds laughing themselves silly?
  2. General_Gear New Player

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
    • Like x 1
  3. Brazil world cup 2014 New Player

Nice to know that the helms - that i don´t have - drops at catwoman´s solo instance. I will keep trying.
  4. PhilTheWind Well-Known Player

It drops! you are just really unlucky!
  5. MARK2099 New Player

Lol, you are just unlucky, the only styles that are reward box exclusive and can't drop in boss are mayan waist and mayan leg, the rest drop in catwoman solo challenge.
  6. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

well you should stick to duos because that's where they drop out of the t2 reward boxes. You can do the solo till the end of days and you will never see those hands
  7. Durath Sa New Player

They are from the Catwoman challenge, for sure. I think some of the reward boxes in Duos might drop them, but definitely all Mayan pieces are in the Catwoman challenge. One of my toons is in the same boat- keep getting head & chest but no waist. Just got to keep going. Challenges & Duos are prettty cheap for replays (12 is nothing).

There are ways you can make that challenge MUCH faster, don't fight every enemy.
    I can't remember for tigers, but cheetahs you can just haul butt to the cog and then move past the hazmat guy and barely fight any.
    With lions you can just go straight, cut through the debris, and a few guys will aggro but if you cut right you can get to the cog open the door and get to the top barely fighting.

But don't worry too much, the feat for Mayan style is only 10 points (lowest of any style)
  8. Jack-O-The-Green Well-Known Player

Can someone confirm for me that the legs drop out of the reward boxes only? Because they're my impossible to find piece.
  9. 478874 Dedicated Player

You're lucky you get those drops on every boss. It use to be that only catwomen would drop the styles, imagine that freaking grind. Most people it took months upon months to get and probably weren't half as geared as you are running through it.
  10. Zhouz Well-Known Player

They dont drop from the instance, just gotta farm those reward boxes. I finally finished the mayan style recently with a reward box out of a duo and I jumped around and danced a little bit @_@
  11. tukuan Devoted Player

Not to downplay your pain too much, cause I feel it too, but it wasn't that long ago that the challenge was the only place you could find the Mayan (Split Personality was the same issue). At least now the Mayan and Split Styles also drop in the other T2 challenges as well as some of the duos.

That said yes I am still working on completion off and on for one of my 3 mains, ~2 yrs later...
  12. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Split-Personality styles are divided between duo and solo, the styles are in one or the other now. So you have to work both the duo and the solo to finish the whole style.
  13. tukuan Devoted Player

Hard to tell since I already completed the Split prior to the change but I got the impression from watching without recording that anything that dropped in the solo also dropped in the duo. I know I completed 2 sets that were mostly done when the duos started dropping the items.

If this is not the case I stand corrected.
  14. Nitefelina New Player

Try for the tank heartshard belt then come back to me. At least you get to try each day on your own and get like 4-5 chances each try. I see I get one try, once a week in a raid. Unless I can get an inner alert, and then I have no idea what boss it drops. Grr random drop systems!
  15. Captain Just New Player

Just got the mayan hands on an alt last night in one of the battle for earth duos.
  16. Vic Volcano New Player

I hated this challenge for the same reason, all i got were legs, boots, chest and back.
    The final 2 pieces - hands and waist - i got recently from T2 reward boxes in a duo or challenge (i cant remember where tho)

I am having the same problem with seraph legs, i got all the rest from ivy but no legs
  17. Miggly Committed Player

I got a rock.