May We Have an Official Word if a Cash Wipe is Coming?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tabby Belle, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

People are afraid to sell stuff (even via mail with people they trust to send the item/money), because of the rampant rumors of an incoming "Cash Wipe."

"Why sell stuff and make money, if it's just going to be taken away?"

"I'm trying to stay under $100M, so I'm not selling stuff at the moment."

In-Game commerce and trade are at a near stand-still, because of the fear of a Cash-Wipe. Moral is low in the league chats I'm in and listen to. It's also pretty low from what I hear in group voice during raid small-talk with PUGs.

Luckilly the content is offsetting the low moral in a positive way by being rather fun and "epic." Every new group I've been in has had a positive reaction at the "Avengers Assemble" cutscene in the last fight of Into the Dark Multiverse.
    • Like x 2
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

I don't know on the US, but on the EU there isn't anything we can do if they wipe the money.
    We can't trade, mail nor buy broker stuff with the money.
    If it's the same case for the US then there is no point in asking this question, whatever happens they won't announce it beforehand and there is nothing we can do to about our money right now...
    • Like x 1
  3. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Back in 2011-12, there was a money exploit . It affected alot of people. Alot of people abused the currency in game.
    Then dcuo devs did actually banned people , suspend people, & then wipe people currency & lower what people was holding .

The only sided step people had was emailing their ingame currency to other characters.

If there a cash wipe is going to happened. The devs wont say when tho. .

Anyone , anyone guilty of something worry, if not it be okays.

Take care, enjoy the game.

:)
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

A side note no one has mentioned about this whole situation.

There's no reason to buy Stabilizers let alone use them while the broker is down.

Why open a time capsule when you can't check the prices of the items you get to choose from?

This logic alone would make the Devs want to solve this situation as quickly as possible. While taking their time to make sure it never happens again.
    • Like x 7
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Why would it make sense to announce it ahead of time? So people can take steps to side step it? That's what they are trying to avoid, people cheating the system.
    • Like x 5
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It doesn't make any sense to remove something from people who have done nothing wrong, either, but that is what people are calling for.

People have already cheated the system - they are the ones who should lose out, not the people who have done nothing wrong.
    • Like x 4
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I'd even take that financial concern a step further: why bother with a subscription when you can't spend your uncapped cash on anything you want?

Between the content bugs and the broker being down, t's been a bit of a bummer the past few days. For me, it's fun wheeling and dealing the first few days of a new Episode - collections, base items, etc - and that fun has been squashed completely without trade or the broker.

Not angry or upset. Just disappointed.
    • Like x 9
  8. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

Mailing money to your alts was what made the first go around pointless this time they need to disable broker trading and make money shared between all accounts so no matter if I’m on my main or my alt I still have the same amount(like stabilizers) and slim it down after that.

Alternatively you could do all of the above then reset everyone to 0 and give out auras/materials/feat points, free month of membership or something else as a compensation.
    • Like x 1
  9. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Now would be a perfect time for a cash reset. You can’t mail any money so this would literally be the perfect solution. Obvi also ban all the glitchers
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Low morale? Your economy has been in ruins for years an the idea of fixxing it lowers morale...?
    This has been a problem for years in the making and it's mostly player greed
    • Like x 2
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Now would be a perfect time to leave the cash alone, and just ban the cheats, glitchers, and gold sellers. With those out of the way, the money in circulation drops naturally.

I pay a subscription that grants me unlimited access to my cash and, now, somehow, using in-game cash is a "bad thing" and should be punished?
    • Like x 3
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Well it certainly doesn't raise it.

Well, that isn't quite right. The idea of fixing the economy is a good one. The idea of taking stuff from people who haven't done anything wrong is just bad.
    • Like x 1
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Do you want to fix the economy or keep your cash? Unfortunately only 1 option is possible

Them looking into every account to find who's legit and who's not isn't worth the resources, so it'll be a tough pill but one help in the long run...if people are willing to bear with
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

If I can only choose one option, I choose keeping the stuff I have earned legit. Though I'll wait to hear from an actual Dev what is and isn't possible.

Also, examining accounts didn't seem to be an issue when they recently locked down anything that looked suspicious.
    • Like x 4
  15. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

If they could examine accounts accurately then there wouldn't have been any false flags. My guess is they can only check 'logs' not actual account activity. Glitches probably don't 'log' whereas trades and broker transactions do. As for legit, as many have pointed out you have no way of knowing if the money you have is truly 'legit' unless you never sell anything in the broker or via trade. This is literally what money laundering is, turning counterfeit cash into legit cash by way of legit transactions.

Further to this you can't truly ban proper glitchers and cheaters who hack the game in this way. It's like saying 'lets ban them from the internet!', it's impossible. If someone is savvy enough to glitch a game then they are more than likely dealing in multiple accounts and hidden IP's, if they want to find a way back, they will. Same with gold sellers, it's an internet problem not a DCUO problem. The only ways to fix a lot of these issues is for 'honest' players to sacrifice something in one form or another. As you have shown most aren't willing to do that.

To be clear i'm talking about 'professional' glitchers and cheaters, not someone who finds an exploit (accidentally or otherwise). Professional in the sense that their motivation for doing so is financial, for the lulz or at least not motivated by gaining some in-game advantage, that is likely just a bonus. Like Speed hacking, a few stupid people do it thinking they won't get caught, but I suspect most do it for the lulz of watching people rage and do so from an account which wont affect their main (if they even have a main).
  16. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

If they were looking to prevent people from side-stepping, then they should have done the wipe when they shut down the broker and turned off the ability to give money via the trade system. People are already preparing, for a cash wipe. They've had several days to prepare for one.
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

How does it look admitted to your own personal gains taking priority over the game health. You benefit too much from it being broken and that's why it needs to be changed
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

How do you know how much I benefit from the game being broken? Oh, that's right, you don't actually know.

But I'll tell you, so you can stop guessing - a good 85-90% of the cash I have on my account was earned prior to the current inflation, and most of it has been earned by selling open world collections for a few thousand. Even while the hyper inflation has been going on, I carried on selling those collections at those same lower prices (because I like to sell them quickly, without racking up huge broker fees).

So, no, I don't believe I do benefit too much from it, thank you for your concern.
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Totally. The idea of me enjoying an omelette is a good one. The idea of me having to break the eggs that I spent my heard earned cash on to make that omelette is just bad.

Maybe I'm just an oddball, but I'd rather have $500M in an economy where $500M can buy three of the materials I want than have $3B in an economy where $3B can barely buy one of the materials I want.
    • Like x 4
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Not if you spent the cash with the intention of making an omelette. Now, if somebody else came along, took all your eggs and decided to throw them at passing cars, leaving you with nothing to eat, THAT would be bad.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.