Max Damage and Weapon Damage HotFixes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MEBegnalsFan, May 20, 2015.

1. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Why does this read like one of those 'make-$4000-a-day-on-the-internet' ads?
    If you know something, just explain it and cut all the cryptic stuff...

I've seen players use stealth, distract and DPart and EMP with Brawling WM... but I'm talking about the AM
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

I can definately see a difference with the hotfix with celestial. Damage feels alot better now. Even regular weapon attacks feel much better.
    • Like x 5
  3. oCYBORGx New Player

i could suggest a few ideas if you wanna message me i was just limited on time at the moment when i typed it up so mybad
  4. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I'm still doing great damage against target of equal CR or lower. But when an enemy CR is higher, your damage numbers will not be stacking like they did, making your damage much less.

What is your CR? Did you run any test against sparring target after GU47 launched to see how much damage per a second you do?

The day GU 47 launched I spent HOURS in my league hall testing various rotations out for all my toons. After I got the optimal loadout I created a thread about using Combat Parser to help see if anything was broken.

Quantum was broken as it was getting some crazy numbers compared to other powersets. This issue has been FIXED...

I'm a firm believer that the post I created help them find out where the bug existed due to the fact that I provided some damage values with my status, CR, sparring target CR, etc..provided my rotation, etc...

I than also did test without Max Damage, with Max Damage...

I did test without Core Strength or Penstrating Strike and than comparing each...

Here is what I learnred from all of my testing other than some powersets were receiving some extra damage from broken mods..

Max Damage was broken...that is one thing I learned...

Next up when to use Core Strength vs. Penatrating Strike

Core Strength = more damage when you have more adds

Penatrating Strike = more damage on bosses or enemies with higher CR

So, if you are running T7 content and your CR is below 120 pick up Penatrating Strike over Core Strenght you will see better damage numbers.

If you are CR 120^ get Core Strength for all content.

If your CR is 116 keep both until you get to 120 as PS works wonder in T7 and CS works wonders in any T6 content.

As for Quantum...it is finally fixed...I wonder how many players will now jump ship or come here trying to find out why they are now getting beat by other powersets....

Please keep in mind CR > anything else ATM....
    • Like x 1
  5. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Actually HL would see a bigger increase as the AM bonus was also neglecting this damage, therefore it maybe more than 8% for a pure HL AM DPS. That buff was missing all that damage. It is why I'm curious if HL damage has increased.

I also know that Precision increase does better increase in damage out when compared to the same 1:1 increase as might as it normally should be for every 1 point in precision increase is almost a 3 point increase in might.

I'm a long time HL player and know all about the mechanics of the ability as well as the difference between WM, AM, etc...

I'm curious if HL indeed beneifted or not from these fixes and if so, how much DPS are 115 HL doing on a 126 sparring target?

Just curious...
  6. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Yeah, I was trying to reproduce that max damage bug, but can't...so figured it didn't really affect Mental
  7. Sbel Devoted Player

Of course! All 424 of you. ;)
    • Like x 3
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

And I know all of them...

See 400 of them are off on vacation....taking time off from the game, actually it is 401...LOL...

And the other 23 are like..WTF...How come everyone and there uncle is Quantum and why it is that more than 50% of these players have no idea how to troll. LOL
  9. generalzod Committed Player

10. Multiverse Creator League

Might be why I thought Mental was doing fine in damage and everyone was saying that I was crazy.

Will have to try it and see if it is different now.
  11. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

sure thing, reply when you have time...
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Who knows if GU 47 broke Max Damage mod or if Max Damage mod was broken on release.

What I do know is that when GU 47 launched Quantum TB was hitting way harder than it was priro to update 47. Doubleing the damage regulary and other power sets were not.

Testing DPS value for Playstation players was not an option unti GU47. With this update I was able to test out each power and now I can go back review my prior results and compare them to my current results. Currenlty I'm doing less damage with a higher CR on my Quantum toon. My damage went down and the damage reduction is greater for Quantum than it was for my Munitions toon. Meaning, Quantum is now working and is fixed.

Maybe Quantum is back to the damage it was doing prior to update 47, I cannot verify or test it out as this was not available to Playstation players.

What I can say, is that I feel much better knowing that Max Damage is not increasing Quantum damage by 100% like it was just yesterday.
  13. Thewoe Well-Known Player

I logged on earlier and did the t7a, HL is definately hitting the way it should now as far as i can see.
  14. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I'm CR 117 and I use Penetrating Strikes and I use the Mental AM. I haven't really noticed a difference in damage, but I still don't exactly understand the Max Damage bug anyways :eek:
  15. BumblingB I got better.

357 above 111. :( It went down even more.

Edit: USPC that is. 1974 for all platforms.
  16. Kohina Well-Known Player

Damage seem more smooth and better now with Celestial after the hotfix. :)
    • Like x 1
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Max Damage mod would some times double the damage of some abilities. Quantum AM with TimeBomb would gain added benefits of this damage and would hit 100% in damage vs. a standard Timebomb. This increase occurred almost every other Timebomb, making Quantum OP for an extended period.

Back when Quantum was in test for GU43 some testers noted that Timebomb damage would flux in range from standardize damage to double hits, but no one knew why. Players guess on the chest mods making a difference to the Max Damage mod. When GU 47 launched it was apparent something broke between GU 43 and GU 47 for Quantum.

One fix was how damage split on adds. The other was Max Damage - I believe this was always an issue we just did not realize it unti Stat Flattening Happened.

Now with it fixed, I would like to hear how other powers are doing vs. Quantum. Is it noticable difference in damage for Quantum players.

I keep hearing my damage is fine, but what is your CR vs. enemies, etc...

To often players do not take into account CR is important now and simply say oh yeah things are fine.

I noticed today my TB is not hitting as hard. My damage dropped by 25% in the duo with the same CR toon that was using another powerset.

My Earth toon when i ran with a 120 CR Quantum damage jumped a hair upward. So from my in game experience and sparring target testing the hotfix for weapon and max damage mods are working and fixed some of the issues that GU 47 brought for DPS players.

For me, playing multiple toons, this was a big fix and I want to give a big shout out to the tester and developer to getting this fix on the live system in a reasonable amount of time.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

What would really be helpful if you had a sampling from the combat parser before and after the hotfix.
  19. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I'll thank them when HL damage potential is on par with the top powerset the best way possible. I'll buy and use a respec token.
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Fadi said he may switch to HL and test it. I hope he does so we can get some evidence here if it is fixed or not.