Materials as a color palette

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hawk, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Different mmos setup their engines differently for different purposes/uses. The way DCUO was setup just has more limitations when it comes to more complex style customization. A great example is our very characters. In other comparable games of it era, sliders for character builds were possible to get a custom size and build. With DCUO, they chose to go with a few preset builds for the players to choose from. With the preset builds they look better (more realistic, not stiff looking) than slider builds in shape but lacks true personal customization, in that specific area. Its choices like this that set DCUO from its counterpart mmos of the time.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As far as powerset tints and customization, DC Comics limits that because it's their property.
    As far as everything else, when this game was built, the style system was not built to support Materials or a fourth color pallette. They've literally been trying to work on top of a fossil. A lot of what we request requires a time machine. Cutting out the PS3 has opened some doors. New skins are in the works, Meg sounded excited about it so I'm assuming it's something cool.
  3. Kuno Loyal Player

As far as I know they were trying something with skins then got scrapped.
    Skins are my bigger gripe along with hairstyles... there is still so much that could be done but the dose we get is too small, and very repetitive.
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

From what I understand the dev replied that the project was indeed in the works but is not at the forefront since other game projects were a main focus for the team. So its not a scraped project its just slow and steady going from what I got from the reply. So sounds like down the road and not a total cancel.