Match-making with ignored players???

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Krossmark, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Krossmark Level 30

PvP in DCUO, like any game, has it's share of bad manners players. When you are getting dominated in 1v1s and players unnecessarily draw out the match by not capturing the node, there needs to be a way to not be matched with these players again - those toons need to be pushed out of PvP naturally. I keep getting matches with toons I have put on ignore, and this simply makes no sense, why is the happening? Is this a bug?
    • Like x 2
  2. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I have personally done that before., though not often, and less in 1v1s, and mostly in 2v2s, specifically during a 2v1 scenario where the other player has left, so me and another player just go 1v1 or I let the other player and my teammate go 1v1 .

Did you ask them to stop first? Did you stop to think maybe the opponent was giving you extra rounds to let you get more practice in so you could improve? Yes, granted..... they could be trolling, or they could be genuine. If you didn't even bother to ask the opposing player(s) first..... then well... a little bit of it is on you.

As for ignore, in DCUO, ignore only means you don't see their private pm towards you. In other games, maybe setting ignore means telling the game to never group you up with those ppl.... but in DCUO, the game population probably does not support that as its not very big so if ignoring means never grouping up, your queue times could potentially get longer.
  3. Brit Loyal Player

I experienced it quite a bit as well. It's just a form of griefing. That's all.

Player knows they can beat you, but they refuse to stand on the node, so that they can keep killing you and drag the match out three times longer than it needs to be.

Honestly, when they make it clear that it is their intentions to waste my time and try to tack 10 extra minutes onto a losing match as a form of griefing, I stay inside the safe zone until the last possible second, dancing about 3 feet in front of them, making it perfectly clear that I can waste their time right back.
  4. Krossmark Level 30

None of it is "on me", not one single bit - if I don't want to be matched with someone, for example someone I have ignored, then I should not be matched with them regardless of my reasons.
    • Like x 2
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The ignore function is only active in PvE matchmaking, but you make a good point to also turn it on in PvP.
    • Like x 2
  6. 23rd Emperor Active Player

Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing this, along with players calling me trash when they're more than half of my pvp cr just following me around the map to make me feel bad about not being as much as a low life as them
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

The only thing you can do really is try to thrive in the toxicity of it all. PvP has only ever been like that. It's a superhero game and naturally full of immature brats.

The alternative you propose would be much worse though. Imagine a system designed where you could just ignore everyone better than you so you're getting more wins for feats. Everyone is ignoring every one in the hopes of maximizing their odds until queues implode all together haha.

Just talk some smack playfully and make the best of it. It keeps things from getting too stale on the long journey to x many wins too.
    • Like x 1
  8. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

I was getting annoyed a couple of hours ago because i ignored someone and still i had to fight against him again, but now that you mention this, you are totally right:
    I guess i'll have to pray to Rao so i don't meet again that user that constantly use orbitals and all that stuff (and not by mistake), almost i was able to beat his character.
  9. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Ignore List will prevent matchmaking in PvE (except when it does not work)

I do love getiing to spank my Ignore List in 1v1s, I do not want that to change. The simplest solution would be to not q PvP when they q?

As for why they are doing it, it could be any number of things. They only need/care about the kill counts. You pissed them off somewhere and they want to grief you for it. Or they are simply inconsiderate **shats.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

It could be this but...lately i'm just doing pvp (well, i'm also doing the weeklies of Sin of Black Adam) and i didn't remember seeing his name before.

Anycase, i'll just have to keep more focused to avoid the orbitals hehe, or follow your advice and play at other time but....the time is what it is and...well, even losing gives you marks so it's not a total lose hehe.