massive open world pvps?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by PTFreeze, Apr 4, 2021.

1. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

i see mutch times that guys talk about pvp ok i wanna start to talk about an motivation for more ppl to fo pvp

i was thinking how the pvps started in areas of an open world

now my idea i think everyone know that gotham is a major gangwar city

why we dont join a gangwar or better say a heroes vs villians war

the idea is a new pvp based map like planetside or battlefield

but we do it for the iconic heroes and villians of dc

lets say we get a special vendor for each power freeze ice joker gadegts .....

the vendor give us based on themselves gears

the major points are fights about the controll of gotham

every side lets say got 50 gamers

fights are limted for a time lets say 1 day the fraction that got the most areas wins

tell me what u think about that idea ....but dont get toxic again guys we can only change things if we find together options
    • Like x 1
  2. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

I am a huge fan of RPG games as well as MMOs games. And we know that DC comics does, indeed, lack a good MMO RPG video game, while marvel is is about to release its 3rd high quality game after Marvel's Avengers and and Marvel Superheroes Omega, which is Marvel Future Revolution , DC fans are being quite disappointed in terms of MMO RPG games, basically if you are a DC fan looking for a world where you can play your favorite characters in a boundless manner and freely, you need to just keep dreaming about it.
    Perhaps, Dimensional Inc knows what it's doing, but hey ladies and gentlemen if you really are capable of doing something, please do it, you are creating new NPCs occasionally and giving them powers. Supposedly it is not any easy task, and most likely will require double the numbers of developers that Dimensional Inc has right now. But if you find it possible, please think about it and see if you can expand this game and company to a higher level, with both creating some jobs and economy and giving the DC fans what they want. This game has a lot of potential to have a role playing side.
    Hope it'll help.
    Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  3. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I would love this, but realistically, not even the small PvP sections we have work/are used.
    I would also love to be wrong about this.
  4. Scytthe Well-Known Player

No point, need to fix arenas first, glitches etc, open world pvp isn't gonna fix pvp, it's not gonna make PVP playyers coming back, it's not gonna make actual pvp players doing pvp aswell.

Need to fix arenas the way it was prior 2016, if they do this they're gonna bring a ton of players and make this game again more alive, aswell as increase their revenues significantly.

Hard pass, it's just gonna be a spam fest with noone playing it anyway.
  5. HeroGirl New Player

I'll admit...while super-sonic flying through the concrete canyons of Metropolis, I really do sometimes feel a sort of...Longing? For a plasma bolt or something to shoot me out of the sky, causing me to plummet a ways before taking flight again and circling back around to do battle with a human super villain that might actually give me a real fight, totally taking me off track from what I was originally flying off to do lol.

....I NEED A GRIEFER! XD

I know, TOTALLY crazy, but, as much as I've hated being griefed in the past on other online games like DayZ, RDO and GTA5....a sick part of me kinda liked it lmao. I lived for the CHASE; for revenge JUSTICE! Mwahaha!

But with no one causing genuine chaos and mayhem for me to do battle with....I find myself feeling like a sad superheroine with no genuine villains to fight. ='(

...A free roam open world PVP setting would change all that. Then I could be a very HAPPY superheroine lol. Without massive open world PVP my life just doesn't have as much meaning lol. I need to let out my real aggressions on REAL people, but in a way that doesn't end with me going to jail; PVP is great for that lmao. XD

I like Red Dead Online's system with Offensive and Defensive Playstyle settings. If an offensive player attacks a defensive player it means they had to manually aim at them on purpose because you can't lock onto defensive players, so now the defensive player can attack the offensive player far more easily, although being in defensive mode also means YOU can't lock onto anybody, but your health goes down a lot slower than the offensive player who attacked you, so you can often times easily destroy griefers more times than they'll be able to destroy you lol. XD

Anyhoo...yeah, I liked that system lol. I was basically an outlaw cowgirl seeking griefers and bandits across the old west to stand in front of their bullets to make their names turn red so I can attack them without any penalties. I dare say sometimes I myself may have BECAME the griefer after a certain point lmao.

I grief griefers. XD

But heeeey....isn't that what superheroes do? :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Kefkapalazzo New Player

eh im in, i think they wont gain any motivation to fix it unless it becomes popular anyway.
  7. Grim931 Committed Player

I think they need a better introductory route that people can familiarize with and jump into more easily. People like PvE, so make an arena that plays similar to it but requires PvP gear. On one side, you have an alert or Raid sized team comprised of their own characters, and on the other you have a few people in control of iconic characters or bosses from past raids. Take different arenas from PvE and lock the iconic characters to their own respective stage.

You'll immediately gain a PvP match that PvE players can jump into without too much of a struggle. The "bosses" would be player controlled, and you could throw in Adds based on the overall group gear rating to provide an extra challenge if needed.
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This used to happen.

A lot.
    • Like x 1
  9. FrankZappa Well-Known Player

there are not enough people who want to play pvp to have a 50v50 fight. you can not even get an 8v8 in this game. pvp is simply no fun in this game and so people avoid it. I avoid it. there was a time hwen open world pvp phase was active and we had massive gang wars all over metro and gotham those were good days. I call them the golden age of dcuo, but then came the silver age and bronze and now we live in dark times for pvp.
    Golden Age for pvp (2011-2013)
    Silver Age (2014-2015)
    Bronze (2016-2018)
    Dark age (2019-current)
    may not agree with the dates but i think we all agree the golden age was 2011-2013
    • Like x 1
  10. Lovora Liaht Well-Known Player

Heck I'm all for open world pvp events.