Mass Det

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Imsms08, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Imsms08 New Player

The damage just isn't there for how much risk is involved in the cast time. All other AM's big hitters do around the same damage just no cast time. Mass Det needs help, I would like to see it given a DoT like how all the 8 man heals got a HoT while casting.
    • Like x 1
  2. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

You can move while casting, so there is very little risk as long as you pay attention to your surroundings.
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

You can move!? :O

I'm never able to move when using it, that's why I replaced it with Fireburst, but that completely misses at times or doesn't hit all NPC's in the given AOE.
  4. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

You sure can. :)

i like to cast it before im in range of enemies, then run towards them to lessen the chances ill become countered. You can also begin the move in the air and move too. Have fun

Also, Fireburst has a pretty close range so u want to make sure you arent too far away when u use it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Imsms08 New Player

Moving around doesn't help you if you have to stop the cast, ex blocking for carol's one shot. Not to mention the many other CC effects that happen in a raid that knock you back or up. The damage from the cast time isn't there.

Also things can just die before the cast or get knocked/pulled out of range. There is a great deal of risk for you to do no damage while your casting.
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

The risk is the time of doing no damage vs when it hits. The amount of damage is does isn't justified by the cast time. That's the problem.
    • Like x 3
  7. Proto1118 Committed Player

How about adding 2-3 decent damage ticks before Mass Det hits?
    I agree that the damage range needs to be more consistent.

Also Fireburst needs a HUGE damage increase.
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Yeah I think a gradual build up of damage is alot better. Tick tick bomb.
  9. Opamp Committed Player

I'm surprised you're mentioning Mass Det when fireburst is even worse....
  10. VariableFire Loyal Player

You must be a brave soul to use Fireburst. They say it's supposed to be medium-to-close range, I've never gotten it to work ever except at "in your face!" range. Kind of silly for a cast-time power.
  11. Stark23 Committed Player

Why do people keep talking about Fireburst as a finisher? That is not what it is, Fire's only finisher for the AM is Mass Det. Fireburst is a set up for volatility that was rendered useless when volatility no longer needed to be stacked 3 times. How quickly we forget.
  12. Proto1118 Committed Player

Which is exactly why it should now be a finisher. Closer range, higher risk, higher damage.
    • Like x 1
  13. Stark23 Committed Player

Never said it shouldn't be updated. Everyone is talking as if it was always a finisher which is incorrect.
  14. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Mass Detonation is inconstant. We tried to talk with the devs about this but they just look and don't say anything. Fire AM is complely weak. If you stay at the top score with Fire AM, I am sure the other DPSs was bad players.

There's no way to be competitive with Fire AM.

If you wann do damage with FIre, use WM, that is incredible strong. Hiting 9k average with Spontaneous Combustion all time. MD average damage is arround 6k.

Its 2,5 secs cast to do 6k. And in this 2,5 you cannot do anything, just your dot are there. But with the WM before Spontaneoous Combustion, you did 2 attacks with DW that do more then 10k, plus 9k from SP you can do 19k!!!

THis is completly weak it's 6k from MD against 19k from WM.... ridculous!!!!!!