marvel + Netflix

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by HealerHollidae, Nov 8, 2013.

1. HealerHollidae New Player

2. Ala Rebelde New Player

If those new shows will have the same quality of AoS i'm out.
  3. Blazt Furnace New Player

I hope they get Ben Affleck again to play Daredevil !!!!!
    • Like x 1
  4. melvinpox Devoted Player

Um...I heard Ben Affleck was going to be playing Batman. Any truth to this?
    • Like x 1
  5. GeoShock New Player

Unfortunatley, it's true.
  6. iluvapples New Player

I still hate the idea of Jessica Jones......
  7. melvinpox Devoted Player

I may have lost my faith in humanity. Oh well. At least next week is Ghost Week!!!
  8. Owl Devoted Player

I suspect that these will be short low cost serials similar to webisodes.
    The 13 parts in each series will probably total less than 90 minutes. This would allow each series to eventually be broadcast on a network as a 2 hour movie with a few commercials between each part.
    So it will really just be 4 TV movies.
    • Like x 1
  9. HealerHollidae New Player

It won't go to network Netflix has a few original seires that are surprisingly decent. So we may see the beginning of something good. Im interested to see what daredevil will be like
  10. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Have you seen Hemlock Grove. a Netflix exclusive. good production value. I watched it only because Framke Janssen is in it. /drool.
    [IMG] & from BattlestarGalactica: [IMG]

keep in mind, a company brings to the table what they have.... have Marvel movies done well?
    I like Arrow.... hoping DC gets in on the Netflix action. (been watching Arrow on CW website or Hulu+ a day after it airs). Cable is dead to me. So many channels of junk I'd never watch.
  11. Black House New Player

Sounds like this could fall beneth the weight of its own ambition "4 thirteen part series" and a "mini series event" hour-long scrpited drama is EXPENSIVE and difficult to get right, they have chosen extreamly difficult heroes with complex back stories to work with, it just sounds impossibly huge for Neflix....HBO could have done it but Netflix...really?

I actually watch Marvels Agents of Dawsons Creek and Arrow90210, and reall miss season 1 Heroes and Alphas so I know that scripted superheroe hourlongs are more MISS than HIT.

Wish them luck
  12. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

hehhehheh, yeah. When you have a one off~movie... Bang! Action. Kaboom! Less slow character building... unless it's a trilogy or something.
    TV... money from commercials, and it's good for the company to have it going for many seasons and more commercials.... Unless it's a miniseries or made for TV movie. That has no intention of being many, many, too many seasons of content. 0o
    Writers and cast... which do they prefer? /shrug. Well, it's not a reality TV show! Wooot!
    • Like x 1
  13. LL New Player

Actually they will be done like their award winning House of Cards, soon to be an Emmy favorite Orange is the New Black...(my personal pick for Emmy darling next year)...also I don't watch it but they have a werewolf show done by Eli Roth...

I personally believe this is the first salvo in the current way we watch tv....
    Every Emmy show last year was on cable or PBS....the network model is dead...
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Agents of shield is haemorrhaging viewers like crazy. If it doesn't turn around it won't see the end of the season.
    • Like x 1
  15. HealerHollidae New Player

I think Netflix will do right they get good writers to script their shows