Marvel Legends

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Ultimate Daredevil, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    The Premier Marvel DCUO league.

The Marvel Legends are looking for 1-4 new recruits/veterans/leaders to add to our ranks. At this point I believe we're the longest running and active Marvel League out there. We've been here since Beta and are still going strong.

If interested send me a PM, Reply to post, or message in game to Ultimate DaredevLL.

There are a few things we're looking for; however, they may not necessarily be required:
    • Serious Players who contribute and communicate with the league looking to be League Leaders.
    • 200 Skill Points. Not looking to bring on Alts wanting to get carried though.
    • PVP CR. Looking for 85+ PVP cr. Once again. Not looking for random Alts of players.
    • Generally speaking if your PVP CR is 0 or single digits, you're character is probably an alt joining a league so your alt can get carried through content. We're not looking for alts, we're looking for people who want to be a part of this league period - Main Characters, alts and all. We want players that run with the league, contribute to the league, and can carry their own weight.
    • Clean Names Unique to the League preferred. (i.e. IR0NMAN vs. xXiRoNymANnnXx)
    • We have only 1 of any character in the league, although some of our folk are currently going through some name changes and character transitions that should be cleaned up soon. You can wavedox us to see who we have already and just shoot us a note or reply to the post if you want to inquire about a particular character you'd like to be.
    END OF NEW POST

(Updated 4.11.17)
    The Legends
    • We are a Marvel league, with only official Marvel characters.
    • We take pride in our league, our name and our characters.
    • We've been here since Beta. Most core members have been active since Beta to FTP.
    • We run PvE & PvP
    The Rules
    • You must be a Marvel character
    • You must have the in-game name of that Marvel character
    • We are Unique - We do not allow duplicate characters or names in the league
    What to Expect
    Here's the reality of the league. There are 30+ core members in this league, that have known each other for nearly 6+ years now. We've picked up quite a few people who have become part of that family along the way. We're all in contact on PSN, phones, etc., when we're not on DC we're still communicating with one another. We joke around sometimes kindly sometimes vulgarly, but it's all in fun. We range from 30-50 years of age and are looking for like minded folks, that come on to have fun and be competitive. In general we're looking for cool people who can hold their own in conversation with us, and also bring value to the league through themselves and their character skills. You'll know within minutes if you'll click with us, and we'll know within minutes if we click with you. If this sounds like something you're interested in let us know.

Through the years we've helped people learn the game and their roles, gear up, SP up, and learn mechanics of the game. We're not opposed to doing this again, however we're looking for people around our same skill level, CR level and SP level, as we've ran all the "older" instances thousands of times for hundreds of people and toons. We regularly feat hunt. Everyone here is expected to carry their own weight, and for the most part we focus on End Game content or newer instances.

We give a ton of advice and are very extremely competitive. If you can't keep up, we aren't for you. It's rare to find better controllers and healers that what we have. I've only seen a handful of times over the years where a DPS can out-do ours, and our Tanks have no problems rushing us through the newest content on day 1. We have high standards. And once again we do expect every player to carry their own weight.

Our members do play other games together as well. Most of us have PS4, so when we're not in game we still chat on PSN's voice chat. Current games played by our members when we're not raiding/feat hunting - Diablo, Madden, Rocket League, Ghost Recon, ARK, Skyforge, Neverwinter, Destiny, etc.

One last thing. There is no league "Leader" here. All our tenured members make any and all decisions together. There's no sense in a bunch of grown *** men and women, reporting to someone or calling someone their Leader in a game. We're just here to have fun and BS with each other. That's the mold of the Legends and it's worked since launch. Are you down?

An Updated league roster can be found towards the end of this thread
    • Like x 1
  2. TrueOlympus New Player

When you say "ORIGINAL" do you mean, the original marvel league, or the original marvel legends league? Because I'm pretty sure ULTIMATE AVENGERS were the first marvel league(first major one at least i think)
    • Like x 2
  3. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

ORIGINAL,....?o_O
    • Like x 2
  4. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

Yep original Marvel Legends league. Original Marvel was Ultimate Avengers as we were not in the beta. We were a day 1 launch league.
  5. thirty six Loyal Player

Good post and you guys sound like a great league, except for what Olympus pointed out. You sound smug. With such a small portion of the population being Marvel themes, I would think it would be a more bonded and welcoming community. I know Ultimate Avengers and Marvel Unlimited are humble and kind to their fellow Marvels.

Oh, and here's a free bump :0)
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

Nice. Good luck to you guys!
  7. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

So had this question PMed to me a few times already. The question is this: "Are you looking for particular characters and is XXX name available?"... So to answer the question a few slots just opened we are looking for Rocket Raccoon, Pip the Troll, Mister X, Blade, Morbius, Multiple Man, Black Panther, Wolfsbane, Kitty Pryde, Black Cat, Spider-Woman, Emma Frost, Cloak & Dagger, Shatterstar, Longshot, Falcon (possibly), Venom (if you can make him look cool), Luke Cage, Beast, Moon Knight, Elektra, White Tiger, and a few others.

Rather than go down the list of who we don't have. Here is who we have (Keep in mind all characters are unique, if there is an Ironman in the League, then nobody else can be Tony Stark either):

Daredevil, Strong Guy, Nightcrawler, Jack Flag, Quicksilver, Rogue, Monet St. Croix, Kang the Conquerer, Vision, Antman, Genis-Vell, Dr. Doom, Blizzard, Star Lord, Magneto, Sabertooth, Darwin, Prowler, Ironman, Human Torch, Thing, Fantomex, Mystique, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, Namor, Vance Astro, Deadpool, Havok, Psi Lord, Silver Surfer, Dr. Nemesis, Adam Warlock, Hawkeye, X-23, Sleepwalker, Captain Marvel, Winter Soldier, Black Bolt, Morph, Ghost Rider, Drax the Destroyer, Gladiator, Spider-man, Impossible Man, Skaar, Warpath, Groot, Mr. Sinister, Mr. M, Professor X, Punisher, US Agent, Scarlet Spider, Gambit, Colossus, Storm, Hulk, Kingpin, Captain America, X-Man, Iceman, Cluster, Psylocke, Scarlet Witch, Pepper Potts, Mandarin, Blue Marvel, and Wolverine.

We also have some of the people in Legends with characters in our starter league "Marvel Origins" - such as Sebastian Shaw, Rictor, Ironfist, Cyclops, Ms. Marvel, Angel, etc. These characters are not considered "taken" as they are not in the Legends league.

Keep in mind too, that a handful of these Legends are alts as well, if it's an alt one of our league members may be willing to give up the name if you had your heart set on a particular character.

So there you have it...there's who we have...Thanks so far for the questions, comments and appreciation PMs sent from some of you who have ran with us in game! Looking forward to seeing you out there!
  8. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

So...I don't have a fancy tag for this, but I got asked what level my character is... I have 1 main and 2 alts in Legends, 1 alt in Origins, and 1 alt in Nemesis [Villain League]. Here they are:

In Legends:
    -Daredevil [Dual Role/Gagets][103CR Troll/157SP][103CR DPS/157SP][89CR PVP DPS/Troll]][Main]
    -Stong Guy [Dual Role/Earth][100CR DPS/114SP][100CR Tank/114SP][Alt]
    -Nightcrawler [Quantum][100CR Troll/104SP]

In Origins:
    -Phalanx Warlock [Nature][98CR Healer/89SP]

In Nemesis:
    -Lord Pumpkin [Dual Role/Sorcery][97CR Healer/87SP][90CR DPS/87 SP]
  9. Rusvek New Player

you have a black widow?
  10. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

We do not. Hit one of us up in game for details, Ask about "Origins" and let them know you spoke to "Lone": ULTIMATE DAREDEVLL, xxADAM WARLOCKxx, TheVision, GR00T (zeros), MAGxNETO, xBlizzardx, SPIDER LVLan, NALVLOR, oTHINGo, X23, xROGUEx, MightyColossus, or any of us really that you see around.

Side Note: Once again we are Marvel Legends. . . not the imitating lVlarvel Legends.
  11. Rogue New Player

Hey guys! I was invited to this league more than a year and a half ago. These guys are awesome! Really helped me out tanking and showed me a lot about the game that I never even knew about. DD's right we haven't really ever recruited, but once you're in and you click you're family. Expect to be awesome with the Marvel Legends! ;)
  12. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

So I'm getting all kinds of PMs coming. Like I said we generally don't recruit, so I'm new to the forum thing.

Here's what we need:

1. What is your in Game Name?
    2. If not a Marvel toon are you willing to change your name? and who do you want to be?
    3. What is your CR/SP/Role
    4. Do you have multiple toons?
    5. If yes, are you planning on leaving those toons in another league?
    6. Tell us about yourself.
  13. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

Sorry I've missed a few of you in game. The majority of the league is online from about 9pm PST to 1am PST, though we have a few members online all throughout the day.
  14. Triumph or Die Well-Known Player

Good luck with your recruiting! Maybe our two leagues can team up sometime!
    www.marvelsuperheroes.guildlaunch.com
  15. Dr. Quantro Well-Known Player

My friend and I were Ivory Dagger and Ebony Cloak. I guess the devs must have seen the name and banned it, because when I deleted the character so I could transfer the name (Ebony Cloak) to my main it was now invalid. They made the name Cloak invalid. Ivory Dagger is still going strong, but I'm sure if she deletes her toon she'll not get the name back.

So, don't expect anyone to be joining your league as Cloak unless there's a **** load of xxXX before or after the name.
  16. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

Quantro, thanks for the heads up. We used to have a C & D team. They were named "The Cloak" and "and Dagger". I don't know if those names are still in use. I also personally had a cloak as well with a zero in it CL0AK, changed that ages ago so i'm sure it's availability is long gone too. If no Cloak and Dagger are available that's unfortunate, it'd just be a neat addition to the league.
  17. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

What's up DCUO? Thank all of you for your inquiries thus far. Keep 'em coming and see if the Legends are for you! We may be looking for a few more select recruits before we cut off, as we want to ensure each member coming in is the best they can possibly be before we go forward with more. Once again we are a very tight crew who have been together for the last few years, so we're not looking for members who just want help leveling then dip out. We're looking for dedicated players to pay forward everything the league has given to you and then some. If this sounds like something you're interested in, let us know.

Also, please be open to constructive criticism (in game) when we pull you through some of the T5 raids, as a few new members had to adjust load-outs and work on SP more so than they originally thought to be up to par with some of our guys (of course we'll help you with the SP, just let someone know what you need). At the same time, if you're a beast and you know it, we're more than happy to be out shined by new members that can also show us a thing or two!

Then again if you're not quite up to par with the new DLC's we'd be more than happy to mentor a few recruits though origins until you can run with the main league.
  18. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

Have a request from a league mate:

The largest # of our players online at the same time is around 9pm - 2am PST.

We do have quite a few league members that are on during that time, but also on during all other hours of the day. 8am - 6pm EST. Well, those few have asked me to request for members that also play during that time as well so we can expand our numbers during the day. This will help some of the Dayer's out there complete feats and such as well, being that at night we immediately start raiding and rarely feat hunt during those hours.

(Most current names not available: Jericho Drumm (Dr. Voodoo), Hercules, Warren Worthington, Emma Frost [possibly...where'd you go?], Thaddeus Ross, and Pixie.)

Still looking for YOU: Black Cat, Rocket Raccoon, Pip the Troll, Spider-Woman, and others mentioned in a previous post! Where you at?
  19. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

Herc & family welcome to the league! Hope you find a new home here.

On a side note, I've been seeing a "Zip Zap" around with no league. If you're reading this we'd love to have you! We're suckers for Perfectly spelled names! If you weren't aware Zip Zap was part of the Strangers from Ultraverse (Marvel Owns Ultraverse [Earth-93060 in Marvel]). Here's a pic of him if you're interested!

[IMG]
    (Tell me running around in Flash boxers, the PVP trench coat, and the sneakers on wouldn't be cool!)

Other Strangers/Ultraverse characters are welcome as well. "Nicholas Lone/Solitaire" and "Lord Pumpkin" are taken, and we used to have an Atom Bob, however Hardcase, Prime, Mantra, Ultraforce members, Strangers Members, Sludge, Exiles members, Warstrike, Firearm, Rafferty, etc. We're open to checkin' you out!
  20. Ultimate Daredevil Well-Known Player

Welcome Ironfist and brother in Origins! Looking forward to getting you guys into more runs with the league. Also, do we have a few Vet member comebacks on the horizon!