Marvel Ideas

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by K3str3lDC, May 12, 2022.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Since we have no actual information yet, I thought it would be fun to discuss ideas for what the Marvel MMO could be like. This isn't so much meant for speculation as to what it will be since that's impossible right now as for just throwing our own ideas out there of how we think would be cool ways of translating the DCUO formula to Marvel or just what we want to see.

For instance, Marvel doesn't really have a "Big 3" and their respective villain counterparts the same way DC does. I think for Marvel, it would work better if instead of individual mentors for magic, tech, and meta, they set it up so your character would be like a new recruit to one of the major teams. So like Avengers/Hydra, X-Men/Brotherhood of Mutants, or Shield/AIM. Something like that. Not sure who the equivalents for Oracle and Calc could be except maybe Jarvis and Ultron.
  2. Batz6 New Player

I honestly wouldn't mind a cut and paste version of DCUO as a Marvel equivalent. You did peak my interests when it came down to the mentors, my only thing is maybe instead of shield the inhumans or guardians of the galaxy, either of those 3 could be fun. Mentor wise for heroes it would be fun to see Cap for the avengers, Prof X for the X-men, Nick Fury for Shield, Black Bolt or Medusa for Inhumans, and Star Lord or Rocket for the guardians.

Also I feel like oracle or calc equivalent would be useless because you could just use the mentors for it but if they did I would say Misty Knight for the Heroes side.
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Tech - Reed Richards - Dr. Doom
    Magic - Dr. Strange - Baron Mordo
    Meta - Professor Xavier - Magneto
    • Like x 1
  4. Controller Devoted Player

Just give me ROM and his Spaceknights.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Such a CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED character and a misunderstood Superhero....along with his Spaceknights (above panel).

They'd be Cybernetics in a Marvel MMO. In a DI game they could EASILY make such a DLC in conjunction with the Skrulls - since ROM's main foes the Dire Wraiths are an offshoot of the Skrulls.

Perhaps do a cross-over with Captain Marvel as well? Since she quoted in Endgame as saying that she was responsible for thousands of worlds?

I'm certain one of those worlds was GALADOR.

Have NO IDEA why Disney has slept on them and not brought them to the Big Screen yet. But I'd leave it to DI to do justice for ROM and his Spaceknights.