Marvel Cinematic And More News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Finally, Ant-Man is getting the recognition HE DESERVES
  2. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That is a very different look for Brie, they really made changes, I wasn't even sure it was her for a bit (it's still difficult to tell). But I guess they kind of had to, it is 24 years later, even if she doesn't age she would still change things up from time to time.

She does look good but I think its a bit to drastic of a change, it's almost like she just rediscovered makeup before that scene.

As for the rest of the trailer, really good, way more details.

Oh and to aurorabenz's :rolleyes:, CM being in the trailer was no surprise and not because of how well her movie did, it was a well planed out thing long before. All the trailers were cut some time ago and set on a release schedule that was carefully planed out.

For a second there they had me thinking CM wasn't going to be in it.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I got goosebumps, myself. :D

I even hit replay right after watching it the first time just to watch it all over again. LOL
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Maybe Batista can stop beating up geriatric goats and get back to beating up aliens :p
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Ignoring her conspiracy theory about Gunn never being fired, she shows how much of a mess the whole thing is.

I have never known what to think of it all. The things Gunn said and did were just horrible (and by the way he only stopped somewhere around the time he was being looked at by Marvel/Disney) but Allan Horn did a massive overreaction in how he fired Gunn.
  8. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Some of what Grace said could happen, though while listening to this I was reminded of two books I read a couple of years ago.

Black Widow : Forever Red and Red Vengeance by Margaret Stohl, both really good stories in my opinion. In the first book (Forever Red), most of the story surrounds a teenage girl named Ava Orlova.

When Ava was little Natasha ended up saving her while attacking a hideout of Nat's old Red Room teacher Ivan Somodorov. Ivan had been conducting experiments and Ava was one of his test subjects. Experiments that seem to bound Nat and Ava mentally years later. This bound gives Ava access to Nat's vast fighting knowledge, that she can use to some success. It's mostly an instinctual type of thing.

In the second book Nat had been training Ava, to which Ava takes on the code name of Red Widow.

Ava does become something of a little sister to Nat, however reluctant Nat is about that happening.

The books were originally MCU canon but as the MCU has progressed I don't think they can be called that anymore. Plus there were some details that tended to contradict movie canon, so they were never strict canon to start with.

It would be interesting to see if they adapted or just use parts of the books for the script.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just like there were two Canary's, there were two Widow's, a good writer could work with both without contradicting anything
    Fairly sure Natty wouldn't have told everything, and some of what she has told, could have either been her covering for Little Ava deliberately, or because she simply believed it to be true
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The pre-purchase day is finally here for those that have been desperately waiting.

And surprise, surprise many of the sites crashed. On John Campea's show today, viewers got to see him turn into a giddy school girl as the Fandango site starts to go through after him being queued for over 4 hours, only for his hopes to be stomped on as the site wont process his order. He also kept looking at the AMC A-List site, which was only giving an error message.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I"m on media blackout now, as trailers, reviews, interviews...always show too much, but I'm booked for a 7PM 'event' showing on the 25th, so the wait is over soon.

As far as CM being in it, that was going to happen whether her movie did well or not (regardless of the artificially inflated numbers too). They have pushed her down our throats for the last 8 months...one bad movie is not going to derail the money and marketing they have done.

The Marvel trailers have always been great...and the teaser for this movie 2 months ago was already making me anxious to see it. I still say the original trailer for Infinity War was the best of the batch, but again, I'm not watching this one. I've yet to see DC put together a trailer that made me see any of their movies 1/10th as bad, but of course they are working with inferior movies, so I can't totally blame them.

I am eager to see what they do with a Black Widow movie. Now that CM already planted her flag as "MEN SUCK....Woman power RAH RAH RAAAAH!" for the MCU, maybe they can stick to telling a good cohesive story and focus on plot and characters vs 'message'.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

DC makes 'inferior movies"? Could you elaborate on that?

And CM never said "men suck". The actress, Brie Larson, was a tad bit insensitive with some of her comments about who interviewed her prior to the film releasing. Bu that never hurt my opinion on CM. And what kind of message did CM exactly portray? I don't recall it ever denouncing men in the film. Sure, the film had it's flaws (primarily the Nick Fury eye scene), but it never was sexist towards men. Or at least I didn't see it...
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok...besides the heavy handed use of music, like "I'm just a girl" for the big fight scene? If for nothing other than the montage of scenes where every man...including her father...basically said she was useless AND, with maybe the worst line since "I have the high ground...." being "why do you think they call it the ****-pit?" It was very 'men-suck'-ish...which I wouldn't have a problem with if the movie was otherwise good....it wasn't really. Mish mosh of plot holes bad storytelling and overall weak use of the Skrulls and the Nick Fury eye thing was the icing on the cake.

If you don't think it was built to be a statement against men, then why wouldn't they have mixed in a mean WOMAN in that montage? You are saying that in her life she never had a female person be mean to her? A grade school gym teacher who said she can't join the boys basketball team? A female co-worker or rival in the military? Maybe a mean sorority sister? Nope....just those stinky mean men. Wouldn't there have been one decent male character in the movie? Nick is semi bumbling and obviously out smarted by her at every turn, her mentor is a traitor who thinks so little of her he feels he can physically confront her although he obviously knows she has these massive abilities. The Skrull leader is not 100% terrible, but he is asking for her help...so again, a weak male who needs CM to save him and his people.

And DC movies are just not very good. Granted that's my opinion, and you may think they are great...however the box office and most reviewers would agree with me it seems. Wonder Woman was the exception, but I was talking generally. Man of Steel was boring, Batman v Superman was bad up until the last 20 min when Wonder Woman jumped in, Justice League was mediocre at best, Suicide Squad was just awful, and Aquaman, well Aquaman was meh at best...and I give it that high of a rating because I like Jason Momoa. And if you say 'what about the Nolan Batman trillogy'? Which is outside the DCEU, I'll bring up Green Lantern and Steel too. I'm not saying there has NEVER been a good DC movie...just they are not good in general, especially the DCEU. And I'm not talking cartoon movies...that they seem to do very well with.

I wasn't trying to get into a big movie review...I was just saying I hope Marvel got what they needed out of their system so they can make a good movie first next time....not worry so much about hammering a message home. Entertain first....message later.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Well... I do see that message somewhat in CM, but I didn't really analyze the film that much so :D. But I understand your point. I definitely agree that the films should be more about the actual story.

The thing is about DC, they are really stepping it up. I heard some fantastic things about Shazam!. I'm also exicited about the Joker film. DC live-action films have a bright future.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We can always hope. Haven't heard much about Shazam, so I have no opinion on it.

Reinheld
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

A full scene of End Game was shown at the presentation, John and Rob talk about it from 9:00 to 14:20, so you can avoid any potential spoilers. Other wise there is tons of Disney movie info and what's happening with the FOX property, Deadpool too.

17. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    With Avengers Endgame just around the corner, Marvel has been promoting it via their various media platforms especially comics and magazines by special posters
    [IMG]
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    In BLACK WIDOW news, it seems The Hollywood Reporter and Variety revealed that actors David Harbour and Rachel Weisz are in talks with Marvel to be part of the solo film. While Marvel has yet to officially announce its lineup of films for 2020, Black Widow is secretly getting traction. If finalized, they join actress, Florence Pugh, who will play a rival spy to Johansson’s Black Widow/Natasha.
    [IMG]
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Oh I just love Rachel Weisz. She is such a great actress, and I especially loved her in the Mummy films.
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

They are doing some really good ads for this movie.

Be fore warned there is a major spoiler alert for the online world. Some idiot ******* got his hands on many minutes of footage from the movie and thought is was a fun idea to post it. Then of course some bigger idiot ********* thought they needed to post full breakdowns of everything in the footage knowing that the footage itself wouldn't last long.
    • Like x 1