Marvel Cinematic And More News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Warner Bros. got a new CEO recently, and I'm curious to see how she handles the DC films.
  2. Azreaus Committed Player

I hope you're ready for the J.J. Abrahms JLA as it looks like he might be getting his grubby little paws on the DC films.
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

What's his superpower? Lens flares?
  4. Azreaus Committed Player

Don't forget about the Dutch Angles (you can be sure he won't)
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That actually could be a good thing.

J.J. is a really good film maker, sure he has his quirks but they aren't bad ones. His only big issue lies in being great at coming up with ideas but not able to follow through to a conclusion with them.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

As willflynne said "What If?" is a cartoon series that will be on Disney+. It going to be based on the MCU movies and not the comics as usual.

You will never see a Marvel DC crossover in the movies or TV.

You should never take any rumors seriously, especially when it comes to the MCU, Fiege is very good at making sure there are no leaks.

As long as Marvel and Universal are at a stand off with Hulk there's little chance of seeing Red hulk, as that's something more for a Hulk stand alone movie. With the direction the MCU took the Ross character, it's doubtful he would become Red Hulk now.

Yes there was an easter egg in Endgame that had the internet all a buzz but that's pretty much all it is a fun easter egg. There are still issues with the Namor rights, so chances are slim of him joining the MCU anytime soon. There's also the Mutant and Aquaman issues to deal with.

Oh I really hope they don't bring in Iron Heart/Riri Williams.

DC/WB still has a long way to go, the WB executives are still getting in the way of things, it's gotten better but not enough.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

JJ coming aboard to DC are just rumors, although he did sign a big deal with Warner Bros recently. But I'm not sure if that's for DC flms, other films, or TV shows.

But what Ankh said, JJ doing DC films would be amazing. He's a very talented storyteller and director, in my opinion.
  8. Controller Devoted Player

J.J. Abrams, huh? We mean the Super 8 Abrams?

LOVED that movie. Reminded me a bit of my ET childhood.

If he is involved with DC movies then I expect great things coming.
    • Like x 1
  9. Controller Devoted Player

I also fail to understand the push back with Iron Heart.

Is / was Tony Stark so sacred? Or are we used to seeing one thing and not ready for other variations of it?
  10. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I have nothing against Iron Heart, but in the MCU, I'm not sure she'll be a great fit. Mostly because she has no backstory in the MCU. Sure, if they introduced her and slowly progressed her character into becoming Iron Heart, than I'm ok with that. But audiences like to see all the films connected, and they also enjoy familiarity. Thus, the Iron Man 3 kid makes more sense to become next Iron Man, in my opinion.

But honestly, I don't think we need another Iron Man. I think we need to move on in the MCU to make way for newer heroes as well as the Fantastic 4 and the X-men.
    • Like x 1
  11. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I agree with Sir That Guy, Iron Heart isn't really needed in the MCU but seeing that Marvel is starting to bring in the ALL NEW, ALL DIFFERENT era into the movies I think Riri Williams isn't to far away :rolleyes:. If they do, hopefully she is better written into the MCU than the comics

(video on Riri Williams starts at 3:03)
    • Like x 1
  12. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

"RUMOR" "RUMOR" "RUMOR"

This is only a rumor at this time, as nothing official has been said by either party involved.

It looks as though the Sony/Marvel Studio deal for Spiderman might be at an end.

Though people have been quick to blame Sony (some even quicker to make fun of John Campea on his past opinions of the deal), it is actually on Disney's back here. It seems Disney wanted to alter the deal with Sony, giving them a bigger cut but Sony didn't agree with what Disney wanted.

If there is truth to this, I don't believe it is the end. Most likely this will get worked out, it has been far to profitable (especially for Sony) to not continue it.
  13. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Leave it to the MCU to have a GREAT thing then blow it.

As Ankh stated above - I also believe that this will get worked out BUT if it doesn't? Don't expect me to be as enthused with future Marvel movies as I am now.

And with DCCU seemingly getting THEIR act together with the success of the Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam solo movies this is a BAD time for Sony / Marvel to eliminate one of their prime on-screen characters.

I dare them to eliminate Spiderman - especially THIS ONE. He brings a needed childishness to the character.

Would be foolish but NOT surprising. Go ahead and relinquish Marvel's hold on the Big Screen - just as DCCU is FINALLY getting a foothold.
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Especially when you consider Far From Home has cleared a billion at the box office. Even with the success they had with Venom and Into the Spider-Verse, I honestly don't know if Sony could have accomplished the same on their own.

That might be a big reason why Disney/Marvel might want to change the deal. It could very well be that they feel they have some leverage considering the reception to Holland's version of Spider-Man and the success they've had with the two solo films. The reception fans had to the Garfield films when Sony was going it alone backs that up even more.
  15. Azreaus Committed Player

16. Helderman Dedicated Player

Just imagine the possibilities now that the Spider-Man franchise is free from the constraints of the MCU! No more Iron Boy! No more White Miles Morales! No more Aunt MILF! No more racially diverse love interest who doesn't exist in the comics! No more Ganke Lee pretending to be Ned Leeds! No more tiny, frail and Indian Flash Thompson!

And the success of Into the Spider-verse shows that the mainstream audience is ready to a live action Miles Morales (this time for real). Heck, I'd pay to see a live action Spider-verse. Bring back Maguire and Garfield, Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen, Nicholas Hammond as Uncle Spider-Ben, a new actor as Spider-Man 2099, reuse Tony Revolori as Indian Spider-Man, bring even Shinji Todo as Japanese Spider-Man.

I was there when MCUtards celebrated the cancellation of Amazing Spider-Man 3. We were never going to see the Sinister Six on the big screen and they shot fireworks. We were left with a cliffhanger that would never be solved and they made the infamous Poochie meme. Now they are feeling it in the skin. KARMA!

True Spider-fans be like
    [IMG]

MCU Spider-fans be like
    [IMG]
  17. Azreaus Committed Player

Dude what is it with you and Disney? Did Walt touch someone in your family in a bad way or something?
    • Like x 2
  18. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

I guess, as they gained F4 and the X-men, they had to lose Spider-man.

"A soul for a soul" - Thanos

Hopefully, Sony doesn't screw this up. They have a lot of weight on their shoulders now. Kind of sucks to see all of Spidey's involvements in Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame go to waste, since we know nothing will ever come of that anymore.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Oh and by the way, Tony Revolori is Guatemalan, not Indian.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You can bet that if Sony struggles going it alone, there's going to be more than a few snarky "How'd that work out for ya?" memes directed at their company. LOL
    • Like x 1