Marvel Cinematic And More News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Sir That Guy missed one, Monica Rambeau will be in the WandaVision show.

• Like x 1
  2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Other stuff I missed:

• Doc Strange 2 will be MCU's first horror film
    • WandaVision will tie in with Doc Strange 2
    • Kevin Feige said that the slate above (not counting Blade), is all of Phase 4. So Black Panther 2, Spiderman 3, AntMan 3, Fantastic 4, X-men, and any other Avengers film, will be in Phase 5 or above.
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The villain in Doc Strange 2 will probably be Nightmare. Who they were originally going to have as the villain in the first movie.
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Yes, director Scott Derrickson confirmed it would be Nightmare.
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  6. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

After seeing the PHASE 4 plans, I am interested, movie wise, Black Widow, Eternals, and the Doctor Strange sequel. TV streaming wise, Falcon/Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Hawkeye, and What If? However, Shang-Chi and the next Thor are going to be a maybe for me, especially Thor: Love and Thunder, the title just doesn't sit right to me and though I do like the comic book character design of Jane Foster's Thor, I had issues reading her comic book run because of the lack of characterization. She brought nothing new that was distinctive and the series followed the other Marvel Now titles that kept boosting the female characters while making the male characters worse in contrast, and everyone mentioning how amazing she is instead of letting the reader come to this conclusion, after witnessing her actions. Hopefully, the MCU counterpart can do a better job
  7. Helderman Dedicated Player

Kids friendly Blade

The Mandarin in a Shang Chi movie. Because an Asian villain needs as Asian hero. Nothing racist.

Basically Kevin Feige's butcher house at ALL steam
  8. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Why must you criticize everything

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'm tempted to insert "Haters gonna hate" or "Some people just want to watch the world burn" memes into the discussion, but that wouldn't be fair to try and speak for someone else.

Still tempting, though. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Helderman Dedicated Player

You are joking, right?

If you're talking about the Marvel Zombies, they certainly will be Zombieland scary (ie not at all)
  11. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

No I'm not joking. Director Scott Derrickson said the movie will be treated a horror film (that's PG-13 rated) with Nightmare set to be the villain. And since Nightmare is the villain, a horror theme could would with the film. It's not going to be like The Conjuring or anything, but I'm sure it's going to give a few scares.
  12. Helderman Dedicated Player

Oh boi, can't wait to see Nightmare cracking jokes like a moron :D it's going to be Age of Ultron all over again. A horror comedy :D
  13. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

More on the casting of The Eternals:

• Angelina Jolie as Thena
    • Salma Hayek as Ajax (Ajak?)
    • Richard Madden as Ikaris
    • Lauren Ridloff as Makkari
    • Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo
    • Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos
    • Don Lee as Gilgamesh
    • Lia McHugh as Sprite
    So I guess these are the Eternals that will be appearing in the film. I'm aware there are some missing though right?, like Sersi, Hercules, and Druig? Maybe they will appear in the film. And I'm pretty sure Druig would be the villain. I'm not an Eternals expert, I never really got into that series. Still excited for the movie though.
    https://www.inverse.com/article/54445-the-eternals-marvel-studios-release-date-trailer-plot-cast
  14. Helderman Dedicated Player

John Campea, Collider, Grace Randolph, Screen Junkies, Screen Rant and Nostalgia Critic are all on Disney's payroll
  15. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Oh good lord, really?! You're one of those, the special bus riding type who yell "shill" every time someone disagrees with you?

It was bad enough when your attacks on anything Disney were not based on anything factual but this is just beyond sad.
    • Like x 1
  16. Helderman Dedicated Player

One of these is you
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

This conversations remind me of the rumors that Roger Ebert was in Disney's pocket. They were going around for a few years and the icing on the cake was when Treasure Planet came out. Gene Siskel gave it thumbs down. So did a lot of other people. But good old Roger didn't. He said...

"Thumbs up because it's the only family oriented movie coming out this week."

Many a jaw dropped at hearing a movie review giving a seal of approval based on its release date.
  18. Controller Devoted Player

Excited about phase 4, 5, 6 and beyond for Marvel CU...

Perhaps the one film I'm most excited about is the "What If?" movie...I vividly remember the comic book versions of these to be EXTREMELY entertaining - chock full of alternate realities...chance happenings, etc, etc, etc..

If they do only ONE of these movies I'd LOVE for it to be a Marvel-DC crossover...I know it's highly unlikely but What If Peter Parker / Spiderman accidentally encountered a wormhole / tear in reality, etc - and on the other side he saw the Daily Planet?

It will more than likely be one of their more well-known "What If?" comics but in any event I'm looking forward to ALL the MCU movies phase 4 - especially THIS one.

And BTW - I have read several rumors on youtube so far...one I read yesterday claims that Gen Thunderbolt Ross will become Red Hulk - especially since he seems to have held a prominent role in MANY MCU movies as of late...if this is true then I don't look for the CURRENT Hulk to be much of a threat to him since Thanos seems to have taken his heart..

There is the rumored Sub Mariner link - reviewed right out of the Avengers End Game movie....I tend to believe this one being that it is right out of the movie...

There is the Iron Heart / Iron Man link - being that I saw a reference to Iron Heart in the Far from Home movie - Tony Stark was referenced as having a Heart of Iron........would LOVE Riri Williams to wear a version of the Iron Man armor...she is quite qualified.

Good time to be a comic fan. DC is catching up but still has MUCH work to do.
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Actually What If? is going to be an animated series on the Disney + service. One report I saw stated that they may even be getting some of the MCU actors to reprise their respective roles for episodes, but that may just be a rumor at this point.

Regardless, I always loved alternate reality stories so it could be a lot of fun seeing if they adapt some classic stories (lots of rumors about them doing Marvel Zombies in that show already). But it could be just as interesting seeing them do What If? takes on the MCU films themselves.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

It was confirmed by Feige at SDCC that all the MCU actors will return to voice their roles in the What If? series. From RDJ voicing Iron Man (if they do one about him) to Scarlett Johansson voicing Black Widow, everyone returns. Except of course, those who have been recast.
    • Like x 1