Marvel Cinematic And More News

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Feb 27, 2018.

1. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    With Marvel really marketing the next Spidey flick, Kevin Feige, took time to address that Marvel Studios are in the process of deciding how to go about introducing the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU. This also includes Deadpool but for the time being even Feige is still figuring how to weave that character as well.

He was also asked about the future of Tom Holland's Spiderman and if the character will ever meet Tom Hardy's Venom. Ultimately, Feige stated that it was now all up to Sony.

In addition, despite the report of Marvel Studios having a presence at SDCC's Hall H this year, Feige stopped short of confirming as much when asked about it. However, he did reveal that he has had conversations with actor, Keanu Reeves, and his intention on bringing the actor to be part of the MCU (Not as John Wick :p)
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Reeves is going to be the next Doom (just hope they don't do a Judge Stallone and keep his damn mask on for the entire movie, and no damn flashbacks!!)
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I always thought Reeves might make a good Jason Wyngarde aka Mastermind.
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Personally i think reeves would make a great namor.
  5. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Keanu as Druig in The Eternals?

[IMG]
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Anyone watch the re-released Endgame? I just watched it today and it basically has:
    • A sweet Stan Lee Tribute
    • Deleted scene with Hulk (with very unpolished CGI)
    • A couple messages by Anthony Russo
    • A short clip from Spiderman: Far From Home
    That's basically it. I also got a free poster for watching it again at my local theater. Not sure if that is happening everywhere.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Technically, it's not a 're-release' if the original run hasn't ended
  8. Batrederik Dedicated Player

lol ^

9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Would it still count if they stopped showing the original and started showing the new one? I'm pretty sure that's what they did. Might be wrong though.
  10. Batrederik Dedicated Player

It never really left theaters even though they’re calling it that.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Believe they replaced the original, without stopping the run, with this version with added extras, and no, don't know what it should be called, just that it is not a 're-release'
    The original Star Wars trilogy shown in the cinemas again in '97 was a 're-release'
  12. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Ah, I see what you mean.
  13. Controller Devoted Player

********SPOILER**************

If you haven't seen Spiderman: Far from Home - go see it. Great movie.

Near the begining of it was a quick little snippet referring to Iron Man as having a "Heart of Iron"..........just saying.

I personally think Riri Williams would make an AWESOME addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  14. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Just watched Far From Home and it was fantastic. One of the best Spidey films ever, in my opinion. There are also some really awesome cameos in the film. And I also thought they developed the Peter-MJ relationship really well in this film. I know a lot of people aren't a big fan of that (cause that isn't Mary Jane), but it was still really well done.

Riri would be cool, but the kid from Iron Man 3 would fit the story better, in my opinion. Riri hasn't even been introduced yet.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have no problem with Parker having a relation with Michelle, because, as you said, she ain't Mary Jane Watson, heck, they completely bypassed the whole Gwen Stacy business (wasn't Stacy when he was in High School and met MJ in college, after he killed Stacy?)
    Or did they pass the Spider-man slash Gwen relationship on to the other Spider-man?
  16. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

MJ is the most popular Spidey love interest. So I think they went with her in high school, and not Gwen. But I remember some stories that went with Gwen first, and after she died, then MJ came along. But both Gwen and MJ were involved in Peter's life. I'm probably wrong though, I haven't read comics in years.
    • Like x 1
  17. Controller Devoted Player

She hasn't been introduced the the CINEMATIC universe, yet. In the Marvel Universe she appears to easily be a young prodigy of considerable talent.

The young kid seemed to be smart and street-wise but appears to be nowhere near the genius level of Riri.
  18. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

But how do you think Riri would be introduced?
  19. Controller Devoted Player

Perhaps through Peter Parker - with him advocating for her in the video clip above that would be all the opening she would need....

They both seem to be Techies...nerds.
  20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

MASSIVE MCU PHASE 4 SLATE released at San Diego Comicon 2019.

[IMG]

(The ones with Disney+ underneath the logos will obviously, be on the Disney+ streaming service)

Facts:
    • There was also a Blade reboot announced, starring two-time Oscar winner Mahershala Ali
    • Black Widow cast: Rachel Weisz, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, and ScarJo of course
    • Eternals cast: Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek and Angelina Jolie
    • Shang-Chi movie will have Simu Liu star as Shang-Chi, and Tony Leung as Mandarin, the real one this time
    • Thor 4 will have Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson return, alongside Natalie Portman, who is set to play Thor
    • Doc Strange 2 will have Elizabeth Olsen, AKA Scarlet Witch, join the cast of the 1st film
    • Falcon-Winter Soldier show will also star Daniel Bruhl, who played Zemo in Civil War.
    • Loki show has Tom Hiddleston returning, but it will be about the Loki who escaped with the Tesseract in 2012, thanks to the events in Avengers Endgame
    • Hawkeye show will see the rise of Kate Bishop. Jeremy Renner will still star.
    • What If? animated series will have MCU cast return to voice their respective roles in alternate takes in the MCU.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/20/...ision-hawkeye-black-widow-san-diego-comic-con

More info at D23 conference in August.