Marvel and Dimensional ink making an MMORPG??

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ghost27Xog, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Couple of quick corrections and then i'll let everyone get back to more crazy conspiracy theories:

1- Its extremely rare for Game Studios to have a Dev Team who are already working on a game or MMO to just also create a brand new game from the ground up, as if the employees never need to sleep.

2- There were listings for Jobs at Dimensional Ink within the last year.

3- Its literally an "unannounced game". That translates into "there is no deadline, nor a projected release date yet". Not sure its a DCUO Killer if it doesn't release until 2030.

4- DCUO has had RNG from day 1. Jackster didn't create RNG in DCUO. You have a grudge, not a fact.

5- The largest expansion the games had is planned for 2023, along with a Graphics Upgrade. Not exactly what a Developer would be looking to do for a game they plan to abandon. For reference, See Anthem.

Don't worry i'll pop back in if theres more crazy.
    • Like x 5
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I'm just going to be blunt in terms of expressing my opinion on this one and to be clear up front my intent isn't to suggest 'doom and gloom', but.

I find it somewhat unnerving from DCUO's perspective that such a title is in development. The one thing DCUO has never had is reasonable competition within the MMO genre from another super hero themed title, especially one from the opposing mainstream significant super hero franchise.

To all of a sudden face that competition not from an outside studio but from within it's own studio is intriguing indeed.

Dimensional Ink may have space to run both, who knows, but at least from my lay perspective I'm not sure how that works in practice when you're so directly competing with yourself in a manner such as that.

There's a part of me that hopes both these games could play nice together, leading to fans of both, however, given the amount of time MMO's usually require of the end user it's likely more serious players are going to primarily choose one over the other when taking either or seriously.

This leads me to also therefore have a part of me wondering whether this isn't a long term project being developed to actually just outright replace DCUO at some point.

I'm just throwing my honest thoughts out there.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

id probably bounce between this and MUO(Marvel Universe Online?), as both a nod to my past and to the present.
    • Like x 1
  4. Here2Help Devoted Player

I'm looking forward to seeing you all in the Avengers Tower ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

Imagine how crazy it is that we have marvel knockoffs in DCUO, and soon we will have DC knockoffs in Marvel MMORPG.
    • Like x 5
  6. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s another way to expand the market and grow revenues.

If you play DCUO, and still play DCUO —> pay DImensional Ink
    If you play DCUO, and switch to Marvel —> pay Dimensional Ink
    If you never played DCUO, but start playing Marvel —> pay Dimensional Ink

(Expansion of the market)

I wouldn’t be surprised if the 2023 expansion is trying to add mobile platforms (upgrading engine required maybe?)
  9. Zero303 Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Yea, I understand the economical perspective, what's more intriguing to me is the juggling of the two competing intellectual property licences, while maintaining the quality of each respective product.

One is likely to inevitably come out on top :)

Also an engine upgrade for DCUO would be similar to building a whole new game, the likelihood of it ever happening is incredibly remote.
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

Oh yeah, more so directed out to the general public, but branching off your comment.

Who knows, maybe the Marvel game would be mobile only to start, another market untapped that would be an expansion for Dimensional Ink and not in direct competition with DCUO. Does EG7 have other games/studios on mobile platforms? It’s actually great when you can have multiple companies under the same “roof” who specialize is related, yet unique fields.

It is exciting to speculate :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Well for years you all have been saying DC is dead. And now it’s doom is on the horizon.

Multiple gaming outlets have confirmed the unannounced Marvel MMO in the works by the dev team.

It’s sucks, but I don’t think DCUO will survive the hit. I can definitely see most of our player base migrating to a game with better graphics, more popular characters, and game fixes.

How do you all feel about it?
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

You forgot....

If you play DCUO, and play Marvel UO..... Pay Dimensional Ink + pay Dimensional Ink once more. ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Are they using us as unknowing alpha test dummies for testing on future game implementations? xD
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yes they do have a mobile gaming arm called BigBlueBubble:
    Mobile, PC and
    console game
    developer and
    publisher

I hope this helps
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

I foresee another round of tin foil hats being given out and I am here for it lmao. Still got mine from the last bout of doom and gloom conspiracy lol
    • Like x 2
  17. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

All we know about the game is that it is in the works, that likely means it wont be released for another 2-3 years.. and that is if all goes according to plans, for all we know it gets cancelled in a year for whatever reason.

But even if it does eventually get released, it's probably going to be two separate teams working on both games and they will both be doing their own thing for years to come. :D
    • Like x 3
  18. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

There are no characters in Marvel that I like better than any DC characters, I think this game will be ok.

Marvel will always be second in nature from DC to me.:cool:
    • Like x 6
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I'll give it a try as long as I can web swing like in the current Spider-Man game or have it played similar to Avengers game.
  20. metal1ix Well-Known Player

In before that Marvel MMO gets Thanos-snapped.
    • Like x 2