Marvel and Dimensional ink making an MMORPG??

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ghost27Xog, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  3. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

So that's where all the attention is.... hmmm.
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Yes it is logically planned.

frankly, my heart bleeds if it is the DCUO devs on this colossal project, there are many Marvel fans of different nationalities "they have no overseas CMs or any communications whatsoever for foreign countries, if it is. is a PRO Language EN game, it will be a total disappointment.

For many, DCUO devs have been killing DCUO for a long time now, from there the DC studio does not have a super good reputation, if it is to find such a disgusting and disloyal lootbox system or another system so pumping. money that artefacts or allies, it does not reassure at all, not to mention devs losing ambition for the game by remaining on their achievements in terms of content for the game, frankly, at first sight, it does not bode well nothing good for a marvel MMORPG ...

The game evolves with difficulty compared to what it is in the air of the times of today's MMORPGs, or even to other MMORPGs as old as DCUO.

Without forgetting, their lack of communication, already, raised many times !!!

I could be wrong about that, but considering how DCUO has been run in the last few years it doesn't bode well, in my opinion it is not a studio up to it!
    • Like x 1
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I have a hard time imagining DCUO surviving next to a designed-for-current-gen Marvel MMO.
    • Like x 5
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I was thinking similar. A modern designed superhero mmo vs DCUO, even though it is by the same company wouldn’t the newer one be favored over the older one.
    • Like x 2
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Everybody is excited for the new Marvel MMO DI is making.

But many years ago some were hoping a Marvel MMO would kill this game when it was announced.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

A lot of games get planned for. Some of them even get made.
    • Like x 7
  9. myandria Item Storage

The same thing was said about Everquest when World of Warcraft was launched.
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

Consider who is at the helm of the development team. If the Marvel project reaches release, it will be a gacha cash generator designed from the ground up to support the RNG crap that Jackster has brought to DCUO. I look forward to watching it crash and burn.
    • Like x 2
  11. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Weird comparison
  12. Eve YouTuber

I don't know if the Marvel MMO will even see the light of day or how long it'll be around if it does, but I know I will continue to play DCUO because of the memories & progress I made here. As well as I still enjoy DCUO and Marvel doesn't interest me, not even abit. Also, It will take years for a Marvel MMO to achieve everything DCUO did. and I doubt it will go away because of that. But let the doom and gloom get crazy I guess. People been saying that DCUO is dead since it launched so I wouldn't be surprised if assumptions will be made here too.
    • Like x 3
  13. Whodini Well-Known Player

A Marvel MMO is inevitable. Too much money to be made with the Marvel property.

I hope they differentiate it from DCUO by making it a lot more "comic book-like". Cel shading, word bubbles, plot twists, more flashy moments.
    • Like x 1
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Exactly. I remember the first time someone asked me if someone were to make a Marvel MMO if I would switch over. Growing up I was always a Marvel fan (mostly X-Men) and paid zero attention to DC outside of Batman and Gotham so my gut reaction answer was "hell yeah!". Then I thought about giving up all my progression (including decorated bases, cosmetics, the whole enchilada) and starting over from 0 and also thought about how little content DCUO had even through the first couple years. Long story short, my answer changed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Eve YouTuber

And to be fair I sneaked a look at Dimensional Ink website and it looks like they are going to expand the team even more, including a marketing brand manager job offer + What EG7 are promising for 2023, I think DCUO will be here for a long time, and, I am here for it.
    I am sure that most people say they will move to Marvel MMO, but at the end of the day they will continue to play DCUO because of their progress and the bit of enjoyment they have here ;)
    • Like x 3
  16. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

After Amazon games studio had announced a lot of games too and we saw the result ^^
  17. myandria Item Storage

Well, some of the original devs of World of Warcraft were from Everquest. When the game was about to launch, there was much hype about how WoW would shut down Everquest because it was superior in graphics at that time and the gameplay was much smoother.
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Here's whats going to happen this marvel mmo will have a better anti hacking system you will see way less hackers with the new mmo. With it being new and them wanting to do it right with everything dcuo does wrong they will start with the one biggest problem dcuo suffers from and that's hackers. If that mmo gets just that part right that's bye bye dcuo and iv seen that all to many times. It won't be about which game is better it will be about which game has less or no hackers. Iv seen support drop because the active player base drops significantly and the hackers just destroy the main super hero mmo. Everyone will go play the mmo that has next to no hacking going on
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

For my part, I am really afraid for the future of DCUO, if Daybreak, launches in 2 MMORPG, there was a lot of difficult moment its last years for the company and there, there was that DC in their priority , but with a new MMORPG I'm really scared, even more recently there have been developer departures, that doesn't bode well, knowing that, when is it now on studio stability? impossible to know ...

I like the 2 universes, really, maybe a little more Marvel for the more mature side of the really interesting characters (mainly hero level) or the various side stories of the universe, but frankly see 1 studio taking care of the 2 universes , I do not agree at all.
  20. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Unfortunately It Could Definitely Make This Game Less Worked On Very Significantly

People Will Switch Over & Try It Out That's With Out Of Doubt

It's A Toss Up Tho How Dedicated The DC Die Hards
    Are & Still Be Able To Pump New Blood Into This Game