Marks of Victory Cost to Unlock Util Belt Slots is TOO HIGH

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mystere, May 31, 2015.

1. Mystere Well-Known Player

Marks of Victory Cost to Unlock Util Belt Slots is TOO HIGH - 5 marks for 3rd slot and 7 for fourth and for only 30 days. Make it 60 days and its bearable.
    • Like x 21
  2. Commander Coral Well-Known Player

I don't want to sound rude but this is going to come off rude.

Are you serious?

You run an alert and you can unlock the third slot. After that you run an Alert and a Duo and you unlock the fourth slot. That's too much for you?
    • Like x 4
  3. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Agreed. Make them both 5 marks and 60 days, please.
    • Like x 3
  4. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Yeah everyone has time to sit around pc villainside waiting for an hour or three for a raid to queue up. then another hour or so to finish the raid (assuming it finishes) and then try to get a second raid in on top of an alert? Are you serious?

Utility belts never should have had a rental cost. 1 time cost (thats the same) to unlock permanently would be pushing it but far better then this current claptrap we have to deal with.
    • Like x 5
  5. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I wonder if batman has to pay rent to use his utility.
    Pfff nevermind, his bank account wouldn't even notice.

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  6. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I think the Home Turf Mods cost too much.
    • Like x 3
  7. Sbel Devoted Player

They said it would be 60 days. WHY ISN'T IT 60 DAYS?!?! :(
    • Like x 12
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Lol, exactly my thoughts, doesn't take much to unlock the slot, cost is fine.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Preach.
    [IMG]

And while we're at it. What's the point of that consumable slot in the utility belt? I say get rid of it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Yui Loyal Player

First of all, the 3rd and 4th slot only cost 5 marks each. I just unlocked them right now on an alt. I dunno where you got the 7 from.

You're just lazy to farm content for marks. 10 marks per month is not even that much. You can easily get 10 marks running one raid or running two alerts. I mean even if the 4th slot costs 7 marks, it's still easy to farm 12 marks.

I dunno what your CR is but last time I checked, for T7 players, we have 5 raids and 3 alerts that gives us marks. That's 50 marks a week and 15 marks per day (105 marks per week). I'll say it again. You're just lazy to farm marks.
    • Like x 4
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I could have sworn on Test Server it was also 5 marks to unlock each, not 5 and 7. Did that change? Mine haven't expired yet, so I can't check on the live server. :-{
  12. ChuckLess New Player

Are you serious? What do you do in the game then? If 10 Marks a month is too much, why even play? :confused:
    • Like x 1
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I used to be able to run a tier 3 alert and pay for my utility belt costs. This is one of those costs that is too high from that perspective. Same thing with transmuting exobits; that used to be something I could run tier 1-3 content for.

It takes far more time to get a group together and run tier 6/7 alerts/raids than it does to walk into Stryker's, Sunstone Matrix, etc. People who are saying the cost is fine aren't looking at the big picture.
    • Like x 7
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

OMG this villain garbage again. I am a villain on EUPC. I am in the smallest population across all servers and factions. STOP QUEUEING AND MAKE A DAMN GROUP. If you honestly cannot afford 10 marks a month then you're doing something wrong.
    • Like x 4
  15. Sbel Devoted Player

Right, the Utility Belt unlock was so cheap that it was virtually free to T5/6 players.
    • Like x 1
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Or maybe they're doing something right. Maybe they're spending that time to perform life-saving surgeries in the surgical wing of a hospital somewhere. Snap judgments are not good for anyone...
    • Like x 2
  17. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

If they're going to cost MoVs to rent at this high price, ALL utility belt slots should be wildcards always.
    • Like x 7
  18. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I don't think the OP is complaining so much about the cost as he is about the frequency of the cost. Why make your mainframe 60 days and still leave the utility belts 30 days? It seems to be an oversight on the devs part. If not, then I would propose they change the cost to a 60 day rental and make the unlocks 7 marks each. It would be more consistent with the mainframe, imo
    • Like x 5
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Well if he/she can afford to wait 1-3 hours for a raid queue to pop then I'm sure he/she can afford the time to make a group for a raid or two alerts.
    • Like x 2
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Forming a group isn't always better than queuing. With the amount of stress some players cause to other players through LFG formed groups, I can see why some players choose the queue process first. I've had far better experiences personality wise through queue than through LFG. Heck, some of the responses in this thread are a testament to the type of people those queuing might be trying to avoid.
    • Like x 4
  21. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Costs too much for me too. I play maybe 4 hours a week. Mostly because the game doesn't interest me as much anymore. It's time to take another long break or permanent leave. Just waiting for that sub to end.
    • Like x 3