Marketplace Vanity Item Suggestion: Iconic Gear Displays

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Torikumu, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

If you've ever read any of my countless posts talking about the necessity of improving the vanity product marketplace offerings before, then you'll no doubt have seen one of my long lists with different ideas of what kind of products could be added.

Usually featured on that list is something I describe as base items which are display cases with iconic gear or props inside them from various heroes and villains.

Anyone who has played the wonderful Batman: Arkham Knight game may have noticed the Evidence Locker in the GCPD station. Inside the evidence locker are modern display cases featuring props and gear from many of the iconic villains Batman has faced in all 4 Arkham games. There's even a room with empty display cases which, for those of you who haven't 100%ed the game yet, fill up with various villains gear and props as you capture them and bring them to justice via the main story and side missions.

As my idea has finally been realised, albeit in the wrong game, I'd love to see something very similar make it's way to DCUO.

For those who haven't played Arkham Knight or are confused, I'm referring to these (don't worry, these are spoiler free and available for viewing immediately):

[IMG]

[IMG]

As you can see, there are both wall mounted and free standing props. I think these would work great in DCUO. Although, I would prefer for them to be surrounded by more glass, so you can get a better look at them. I do love how it has the characters name written on the glass, though, so that even if you're not aware of what the prop is, you can see who it is by the name.

My idea would be to do perhaps Joker's suit in a tall free standing display, Lex Luthor's suit in a free standing display, Circe's hand wraps and head piece on a wall mounted display. Wonder Woman's Bracers, Lasso and Headpiece in a wall mounted display, Superman's Cape in a free standing display and Batman's Cape, Cowl and Utility belt in a free standing display.

All of these would only be available via the marketplace (and as always, reasonably priced and redeemable infinitely).

After this initial offering, they could then add further items to the marketplace OR make a slight meta collecting game where new display cases done in the exact same style but with props for different heroes and villains appear as rare drops from final bosses in Raids, Alerts, Solos and Duos. Possibly with an expanding Checklist (as more are added) with he potential for feat integration.

Other ideas I'm thinking of are Hal Jordan's Power Ring and Battery, Sinestro's too. Black Adam's bracers & sash. Ares Sword, Mr Freeze's gun, Eclipso's Heart of Darkness stone thing, Deathstroke's sword, sniper rifle, pistols, Mask etc. etc.

What do you think?
    • Like x 65
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Been wanting that since before there were bases to put em in.
    Agreed +1
    • Like x 2
  3. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Man, they'd look pretty good in Anne's lair...

....well, if she had enough room for more than 200 items.

:p
    • Like x 2
  4. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I like this idea
    • Like x 1
  5. Dezaras Loyal Player

Supported 100% especially considering our league halls have prisoners. I'd happily convert one of my bases to en evidence storage facility.
    • Like x 4
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I am all for this 100%!!!!
    • Like x 2
  7. Dene Devoted Player

Amazingly awesome idea mister :)
    • Like x 2
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Thanks for the responses so far, friends. I'm glad there are others out there who like this idea, too.

I've spent the afternoon creating a concept CGI image showing my idea in DCUO. It's a Ra's al-Ghul Cape and Sword display case and I grant you that the sword isn't accurate and neither is the cape, but I simply didn't have the time/patience to craft both for merely a concept image.

[IMG]

As described in the OP, all display cases would have an identical design and (hopefully) an identical size, too, allowing you to create rows of these things for your very own museum. The wall version would be very similar, except wall mounted, of course.

Ideally they would all be sold on the Marketplace, too, but I do like the idea of having them drop in instances where you fight each character, from the character you beat. So in this case, you'd have a chance to get the Ra's al-Ghul display case from the League of Assassins Stronghold alert and villains would have an extra opportunity in the T4 Raid where he is the final boss. Then have some sort of "sticker album" type thing, which completes as you add each one to your inventory.

Really rare and hard to get but tradable/sellable, too, so that if you're not interested in base items, they'll fetch a few dollars for you via the Broker.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dcon34DCUO Loyal Player

I'd like Jason Todd's Robin suit as well, post Death in the Family. Muhuhahahaha :D
    • Like x 2
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

Good idea. I always thought items tied into existing feats (specifically the counter ones) would be a cool idea and more importantly simple to implement. For example for the rogues bounties get a specific poster at each milestone of the counter. Or for the reapers feat you get progressively better (larger) reaper statues per tick. For PVP counter feats you could get weapon displays and so on.
    • Like x 2
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't be opposed to non-DCUO characters receiving this treatment :)

Thank you :) yeah I'd like that, too. Maybe wall plaques for most things (25,000 Exobits) and Statues for others. You may have noticed in both my screenshots, I'm wearing SM1 and SM3's shirts. I wear them, not because I like the style, but because they are solid evidence that confirms I beat Round 4 of both Survival Modes. They're a symbol of pride and can't be obtained any other way than actually beating those rounds. So having base item trophies that show off your accomplishments, I think would be amazing.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Fully support this idea.
    • Like x 2
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

10/10 would buy.
    • Like x 4
  14. BigAl Devoted Player

This would be perfect for league halls and bases. Make larger displays for the hall- displaying several enemies' trophies; and smaller for bases- displaying one enemy at a time.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ramonater New Player

i am not big on base items but if the right iconics where up for sale i would buy it. I fully support this idea and great for league halls
    • Like x 1
  16. Lionxoft Committed Player

That looks pretty cool. Nice job.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sarcasm Committed Player

Let's make it happen captain !
    • Like x 1
  18. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Would be awesome and relatively simple to implement, since these items are already designed in game at one place or another. I'd love it.
    • Like x 2
  19. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

This has my seal of approval
    • Like x 2
  20. DCUO ENTHUSIAST Dedicated Player

WHERE CAN I BUY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    • Like x 1
  21. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think it'd be cool if they did that, too, for league halls. Maybe like costumes for Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman etc. all together in one display case.

Or perhaps just bigger props for League Halls such as:

[IMG]
    (Batmobile Model courtesy of visnik from Blend Swap)

Obviously, though, they'd use their own Batmobile model. This is just a model I got from someone off the Internet. Although if DCUO and DC Comics are more open to working with each other now and are more keen on cross promotion, then maybe they could do special iconic props from other franchises, such as the 1989 Batman film Batmobile in this image.
    • Like x 4
  22. Ramonater New Player

that would be AWESOME!!!
    • Like x 2