Marketplace/Microtransaction (test/idea for the Devs)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Crimson Veil, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I extend this idea as a test for the viability of the expansion of the marketplace

This test/idea would primarily be about 2 things:

1. Getting a series of items into the marketplace that can be used on any toon Male or Female, Hero or Villain

2. Embracing the ideas of microtransactions, value, and purchasing options in the marketplace

Marketplace test idea #1: Ball Caps

I picked ball caps because they are already in the game (in a limited manner) and are already sized to fit all of the body styles. Adding these to the marketplace would be primarily a reskin job to already existing items...

This is my suggestion:

Create 11 caps...

1 cap would be a basic cap that you can change the color on and you can apply your emblem to

the other 10 caps would be made up of businesses/locations (colors & logos) from the DC universe such as: Wayne Enterprises, LexCorp, Arkham Asylum, Steelworks, Ace Chemicals, Stryker's Island Pen, Big Belly Burger, Ferris Aircraft, S.T.A.R. Labs, or Amusement Mile etc.

(I am leaving Iconic Character’s out of this for now, simply because I assume that there might be more approval and red tape necessary to put those into play but I also realize they are likely to be even more desirable)

The details:

Each cap can be bought separately for $1
    They would be 1 time use style items (not an account wide redeemable purchase)

I would also make 2 sets of 6 caps (Maybe a Gotham set & a Metropolis set?).
    1 cap in each set would be the basic cap mentioned above.

These sets would cost $5 each (also as individual style pieces not account wide)

So, people can spend as little as $1 for one cap on their Main, 10$ for all the caps for their Main, or if somebody out there really wants every cap for 10 (or more) toons/alts they are going to spend up to 100 (or more)

(also for added fun and even more options, other versions could be made that are worn backwards)
    • Like x 1
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I would like to add to this...

At the same time release four new color Plasmic Auras in the broker that cost 750 MP and is a one time consumable item.

The new Plasmic would be called this..

Reverse Plasmic (Black with white bubles)
    Purple Plasmic
    Light Pink Plasmic
    Light Blue Plasmic

These aura would be on sale for all servers. This way XBox players can get their hands on Plasmic auras.

A few months later Nimbus aura would be added.

Dark Blue Nimbus
    Dark Purple Nimbus
    Light Pink Nimbus
    Golen (celestial type of coloring) Nimbus

Smoke would next a few months later..
    Light Blue
    Light Green
    Golden (celestial coloring)
    White Smoke

Radiatn would be up next a few more months later.
    Light Purple
    Light Pink
    Dark Green
    Black/Dark Grey Radiant

Release these and if they sell good at 750 MP you can add all of them and other type of auras in the MP after a BB has past. For instance, you can eventually add additional glimmering auras, solar and material down the road to improve the MP items we have.
    • Like x 6
  3. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I'll never understand why they never utilized the Marketplace more efficiently.
    • Like x 2
  4. RLManuel Committed Player

So many things could be added and should've been added but will not be added. They must like people going to the marketplace only for tokens and replays.
    • Like x 1
  5. VV Dedicated Player

I see my money running away from me.....
    • Like x 2
  6. L T Devoted Player

I guess they want to keep promethium keys more desirable?
  7. Caroline Dedicated Player

I want them so bad. :(
    • Like x 1
  8. Backseid Devoted Player

It really does make zero sense.

Even if an item "doesn't sell well" it cost NOTHING to put existing items on the MP. Therefore, even ONE sale is a profit.

Especially Auras, since it takes no effort to recolor one.

There's gotta be more to it that we just don't know. Maybe an issue with PSN and people spending money somehow? Idk.

It cannot just be that they don't think things will sell. EVERY other game uses their MP for cosmetics and makes a ton of money. Its not like those in charge somehow don't know that I r that our community is somehow different than any other.
    • Like x 2
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

That was my goal. I listed auras I want that never existed with each type and the devs could make a few bucks off player and if these sell like hot cakes, instead of BB go this route or...

Do both with BB only having specific colors.

I would do a survey before each BB and simply find out what the population likes and use that to determine BB vs MP items. More desirable ones in the BB and less desirable ones in the MP. Yet players who want a specific color that might be less desirable can snatch it up at 750 MP. Both would help revenue.
    • Like x 1
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I look at ESO where they put limited time items in the MP but it is not a gamble it is there for the purchase.

I would do this...BB $20. We get $5 in RB, $5 in TRK, and a aura box where we get a drop down list of auras. We get to pick from both uncommon and there is a small % chance one of those would be a rare. No more commons in the BB. Common aura types from the BB are now put in the MP at the same time and cost 750 MP as they are common vs. uncommon or rare auras. To me this makes sense.

I would buy 2 BB per a cycle instead of four like I do now. This would keep rare and uncommon aura prices up and make it so all players can buy the common aura types they want without to much fuss.
    • Like x 1
  11. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I want all of them for my main. LOL...

Than I would buy a few more for alts.
  12. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

After this many years, if you don't already think it's merely incompetence....... I don't know what to say.
    • Like x 1
  13. Backseid Devoted Player

I have to wonder about the repeat purchase value of those. I can see people buying them initially, but after opening a few and getting nothing (RNG again), I doubt many buy more.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

It does take effort to put styles in the game period. A lot of the art department comes down to making sure nothing happens to it when put on with something else. Everything new has to be checked completely.

On the other hand, cost of MP always baffles me in other MMOs. Take Tera, it's MP's cosmetics are through the roof. I bought a few things and it was equal to a booster bundle for a simple style. The good ones are worse. DCUO has it right in some aspects to keep things low for the player and can be acquired in game. I am not liking the idea of all new styles going to the MP, considering, but then again, if I don't care for it, I don't have to have it. (Looking at you red lobster.)

The game under utilizes the MP only because whenever they put something in there it's always a negative feedback as it's not very good. Then they say, no one wants it and stops. Replay badges the whole way!
    • Like x 1
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

Wait. You would pay $20 for $10 worth of stuff plus a gambling box? And it makes sense to you after using the ESO example? Dude, umm, I got nothing.

/facepalm
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The gambling box would no longer be a true gamble. You will always get one of the uncommon aura or a rare aura. Never again a common type of BB aura. This means in the current BB you would get a purple or blue in your box or a chance at the cosmic material. Given that those 3 worth more than say a glimmering, than yes I would pay $10 for it.

Also, if the devs did my idea, they would know in advance what aura colors players want and which ones are not as desirable. They can use this info to create the BB and which items will later be put in the MP.
  17. Backseid Devoted Player

I don't buy the whole "other things don't sell" line.

No one should be even remotely surprised that a Cowboy outfit didn't sell well (I bought it) in a Superhero game. I mean, come on now. That's just common sense.
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

So just have them up on the mp and pay $10 for them. Under your "system," uncommon and rare become absolutely meaningless terms.
  19. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

I have gave up on bb no intrest in throwing away money 4 bb glimmering aura. But if these items where a 10 dollar sure thing in mp i would buy.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vigilante_(comics)

I bought the cowboy style too. It's actually something that I did love. Have it on an Ice Villain, Frosted Lenses. :)

I was also talking about the bling styles. Those were mostly hideous.
    • Like x 1