Test Discussion Manacles of Force - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

Just saying,if they buffed MoF so that fire could solo content as easily as FOTM tank powers,imagine how it would feel like being rage or earth.
    Balance will never be achieved in this game as long as there are different playstyles/power mechanics.
    It seems to me that people who are asking to buff MoF for fire to be a more of a solid tank havent considered that making it 2 times stronger will affect others being 5 times stronger.And whats the point to that.
    You're basically asking for a slight buff in fire tanking,which I totally agree with,but that takes us out of topic and it should be adressed at a different thread.

FYI: Terra can be solo tanked as fire in Hive Elite.Requires more struggle,but nevertheless possible.

PS. I was addressing to the people asking for a MoF buff,based on fire tanking.
  2. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Hi.

How can the artifact acquiring mission "Manacles of Force" be level 10 when artifacts generally are introduced at level 20?
    That does not fit.

Cheers,
    AP
  3. Savynaa Well-Known Player

I agrre with you for the most part. That my point why nerf the effect with every role when we know they can make separate effect between role. It's for the other role they make this big nerf. Now it's useless to speak for these artifacts, the live will come soon this wiil never happen, they were released to late on test.

ps1: For Terra it's not the big hit i fear but the dot she put on you can be stack doing insane damage ^^.

ps2: For Fire we know he can do the job but the math proof is here he is clearly falling behind all other for far.
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Being Lvl 10 because the Event versions of Content are unlocked at lvl 10. It follows that formula. Artifacts are indeed unlocked at lvl 20 so youll just be sitting on these in your inventory or bank for just a little bit.
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

And that's exactly what it should not do. Removing risk from melee DPS never leads anywhere good. And I say this as a melee dps myself.

If you try to keep it sync'd to pc test, of course. But if you let it exist purely independently, then one technical barrier is gone. And Sony policy no longer prevents it, as of a very recent change. Perhaps there are other factors, and while this used to be the case, I think things may have changed. If that technical bind still exists, then so be it.

That just means you need to reach out more to PC players, and for goodness sake begin the process sooner! We've got artifacts being tweaked 1-2 days prior to release, that means they're going to be released with only 1-2 days of testing in their current forms. That is simply not enough.
    • Like x 1
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

PSN requires weeks of approval as Ive seen with other games and thats mainly why a Test Server isnt viable. Beta testing is different on consoles because they push a fix, wait for approval then its out and they gain feedback then work with feedback, push again, wait for approval, then its out. This on a Live Testing field isnt viable and a hassle for testing which is why its easier and better to do on PC where anything that needs pushed to the server can be done same day.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I spent a lot of time today tanking Throne and part of Throne Elite with the following setup:
    Powerset: Ice
    Artifacts: Scrap of the Soul Cloak, Eye of Gemini, Manacles
    Loadout: Inescapable Storm, Shatter Restraints, Winter Ward, Reflection, Perfect Poise, and usually Hard Light Shield.
    Tac Mods: Perfect Poise III head mod, Extended Supercharge mod

This combination proved to be very powerful.

There were several points in today's runs where I was the only person left alive. In those instances, I just tried to stay alive and see how long I could last against the worst the game could throw at me. Turns out I was able to survive several minutes without too many problems. Soloing any of the bosses would have taken forever, but it may theoretically be doable with that setup.

What made that setup so powerful? I think it was the following:
    • There are a lot of attacks in Throne that go over the 30% hit threshold. Sea Beast in particular will regularly trigger Manacles in Normal and Elite.
    • The first boss fight in Throne is mostly focused on a single boss and not managing large numbers of adds. That meant I didn't have to worry about constant chip damage from adds.
    • Manacles reduces all of Ice's shield cooldowns by 10% and almost my entire loadout consisted of shields
    • Anytime Manacles procced, my shields consumed the DoT damage.
    • As I posted in the Eye of Gemini thread, you can auto-refill your SC bar by using Perfect Poise. The combination of Eye, mods, and Soul Cloak cover the Supercharge cost.
    • Perfect Poise is a cheap shielding supercharge with a very high base shielding modifier. Add the Eye of Gemini to it and you also get a very substantial heal.
    • The AoE on the Eye artifact is more generous than the Damage version. That allows you to reposition yourself easier.
    • Perfect Poise III can be used once every 30 seconds. The shield and heal would cover any potential Manacles damage in case my other shields were on cooldown.
    It all forms a perfect synergy of effects. I think this would work with other tanking powersets, but I think the effectiveness will vary.

The major issue was it was hard to tell when Manacles actually procced. Ice Armor and Ice Shield VFX has a bad habit of completely obscuring the Manacle proc. Throw in any NPC VFX and there was no hope of seeing it.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.