Test Discussion Manacles of Force - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Nov 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I'm not looking for a buff either, rather a return to the way the Artifact was originally conceived. Otherwise, it's a non-starter and a waste of Nth metal from my PoV.
    • Like x 1
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There is also another artifact that helps fire tanks more than any other tank powerset. The Orb for healers just made their single heal get a massive buff with 19k resto I was critting for 40k+ with it and then it summons a pet that single heals for 9 seconds and that was 8-9k per tick. If you are a fire tank with your health spiking you, the majority of the time, will be the player most benifited from this artifact.

I'm sure you want fire to be more viable just itself as a powerset in end game content which is perfectly reasonable, but fire tanking was DESTROYED in stats revamp and flipped upside down, I did everything I could to stop that but here we are. Everyone wanting different playstyles that were all equally as good at surviving is what killed fire. There was not a single other tank powerset that could even TOUCH fire tanking in SM, I saw our ice tanks get destroyed in upper rounds by bosses and adds where I could survive it all as fire, especially in OAN sm. But that required a "turtle" playstyle and too many players cried saying that was boring and they didn't want to turtle tank but in the end you are allowed to change powersets that's why this game has so many of them. Every tank powerset doesn't have to be great in every situation or there wouldn't be a point of swtiching between them and that is what people forgot in stats revamp and wanted everything included in every powerset. This is why fire is the way it is now.
    • Like x 1
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Thanks Chill. A good healer does save me A lot too. The new healer artifact will be good for Fire tanking. I'm in total agreeance, Fire Tanking was DESTROYED by revamp. If we could get a fix with For......nevermind. Things are the way they are. Hard pill to swallow.
  4. Carilee Active Player

There was no need to adjust the cooldown at all. I do agree that the damage% should be higher than 25% (it looks like they may settle on 30% but 35% would have been ok too as long as the cooldown stayed 30/25 seconds. To me when I first saw this I said, oh this is to prevent one shots, that's awesome for a tank. that's why I planned on wearing it, so I could smooth out the randomness of the encounter while I was tanking. as a fire tank I still plan on using this because it will still do that regardless of whether the % is 25/30/35. in fact I think it would work better at 30% with a 30 second cooldown so it doesn't proc on non one shots. also @obsidianchill why as a fire tank would I want to use pheromone bloom when I can use eternal flame supercharge which is way better and I don't need to proc an artifact and it heals way more than 18k and its a 5000 point supercharge. sometimes thinking outside the box is just overthinking it
    • Like x 1
  5. Carilee Active Player

sorry I am fairly new to the game only 2 and 1/2 years. I have been ice, rage, atomic, earth, back to rage and now fire tank. and I love fire tanking. can I tank terra at elite as fire, no, but I couldn't as the other powers either. but I can tank every other piece of content and I have to say fire works. I am still working out the math as far as should I be doing resto or dom after health but fire isnt as bad as you guys are making it. and with this artifact preventing one shots, I think it will help all tanks but I definitely see it benefitting fire the most.

also I plan on using this on my water healer, not for the one shot prevention although that's nice, but for the stats and the shield casting cooldowns
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Honestly, it's a relief to know I don't have to spend time or money on leveling or breakthroughs for the new artifacts. So as disappointing (and unnecessary) as the adjustments are, it's kind of a blessing in disguise.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Batuba,

What about effects for different roles? It seems you guys are also trying to cater to the non tanks that only want to use this for some sort of defensive advantage in battle (melee/mechanics). If so please make different effect portions. This artifact was initially intended for tanks and is now being converted to any role it seems.

It was meant as a means to help divert some of the initial damage as a damage over time within the next few seconds. It is not a shield or damage reducer and should not and will not make anyone survive a one shot as it was not intended too. I really don't know why some are assuming that to be the case.

A damage divert as initially intended should be this artifacts goal and should be able to activate from spike damage received within 1-2 seconds once it reaches the minimum suggested health percent threshold. The Health percent threshold and cool down should be different for Tank Role and Any Role. This artifact should be mainly intended for Tanks and as such should be more appealing to Tanks.

Tanks have literally no other decent artifact choices like the other roles do currently. Please allow this artifact to be one of the decent choices for a tank to finally have. We have been waiting for awhile now and really deserve and can use a viable tank artifact.

Thank you for your time and dedication.

Sincerely: Brav
    • Like x 2
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

That’s the funny thing. All Daybreak did with the adjustment was cheat themselves out of money. There will now be a lot fewer people rushing to spend money to level this artifact up.
    • Like x 1
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Never said Fire Tanking was obsolete. I main as Fire. As I have for years. Fire can handle most content no problem with the right build, specs, and player behind it. When I make a reference to Fire Tanking I am comparing to other tanking powersets. Like Chill said, people wanted options on tanking. They got it with revamp. That created problems with Fire and the way it works. The higher health pool...(mine sits above 122k buffed) but lower defense creates a problem at times with end game ELITE content. My health jumps up and down like an equalizer with multiple enemies attacking, that spike in damage can be catastrophic at times, (A good healer helps a ton), but it does not mitigate the damage the same way Rage Tanks can. Ive seen solo tanks in Hive E...Rage, Earth, Ice...no Atomic or Fire in my experiences. Most Hive Elite raids Ive actually completed had Rage tanks. Rage is the front runner imo. I want Fire to keep its characteristics, but want better sustainability.

My hope for this MoF artifact is gone now. I will just keep plugging away till I find that build that performs the way I want it to in Elite endgame content.
    • Like x 2
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Talking about fire tanking being fine except in Elite is like saying that cigarettes are great except when it comes to health, lol.
    • Like x 1
  11. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

^^^^^
    Haha. +1
    • Like x 1
  12. Carilee Active Player

your guys reading comprehension is poor. I said I could not tank terra in elite as any power. not fire. and this artifact does exactly what your asking for it to do khaos. it will remove those spikes. even with the 30%/45 seconds 30%/30 seconds would be better
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

45 seconds, hell even 25 seconds is a very long time in elite vs terra especially in her last phase with falling rocks etc... i dont quite understand why ppl complain about this artifact the way it was, its already hard to find ppl willing to tank elite even harder to find such who can survive ... why so against making tanking more easy ?
    • Like x 2
  14. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

My reading is on point. I READ that u said you have NOT completed elite with any tank. Ive not seen 1 Fire tank SOLO Hive E...nor really seen too many Fire Tanks period in elite. The one shots happen when your unprepared, or unnattentive. The damage mitigation is the variable that shows Fire's weakness. A high health pool allows us to take big hits, on the other hand one shots are one shots (they scale). The issue with Fire is exposed with high spikes in damage taken. That...is where I would like to see a defense buff or artifact cover that gaping hole for Fire Tanking. The Orb may be a great asset, as Chill mentioned. If a healer has that artifact, and that healer keeps me up, they will become my new best friend.

The way I understand this artifact is it will absorb 50% of a large hit and give DoT for the remaining. Shields will reduce some of that.. Not multiple spikes in damage taken.
    • Like x 1
  15. Carilee Active Player

sorry, again let me be clear. I personally can not tank terra. however normally when we beat terra in elite, I tank the adds. we do not solo tank terra. the one shots happen because I do not have good hand eye coordination and has nothing to do with preparedness or inattentiveness. (but way to condescend there, next you will tell me I need more skill points). again to your point that fire is exposed with high spikes in damage. this artifact prevents that. even at 30 or 35%. they just need to keep the cooldown at 30/25 seconds
  16. Carilee Active Player

1) this is the manacles of force discussion not the eye of gemini discussion. and healing 18k would be garbage, even I could use it twice as much.

2) I understand elite content just fine, I just don't have the hand eye coordination to handle certain bosses (terra being the only one right now). and I also know that people solo tank hive elite. our league beats elite all the time in every dlc that comes out and I am part of the group that figures out what strategy we want to use. rotating sc shields on certain boss fights starting in ttbe the first weekend when it came out when he was oneshotting every one was my idea. I am sure other people independently thought to do that too, but I didn't come up with that watching videos of others. it came from our league doing trial and error that first day until we figured it out. same with some of the other things we do in elite. but be more condescending.

is fire harder, probably it is, but that the point of this discussion. I think the artifact will help with that by smoothing out encounters. I agree with you that the % should be higher than 25 but not for your reasons. I just think the cooldown should remain as it originally was.

3) agreed. and also please please please keep promoting that fire dps sucks. I wont tell anyone that isn't true if you don't. I am being completely serious
  17. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

.....and youre missing my point and taking things out of context. No intent on being condescending. And BTW, skill points dont always equal SKILL. Having more certainly makes thing more manageable. There is a clear imbalance in tanking powerset. Why can certain tank powersets SOLO elite? While Atomic and Fire cannot as easy? I too handle adds most the time, I can handle Terra with good healers. Just not both. Not with Fire. That is my point. Yes.. The artifact will proc on hits coming from Terra in current content, but it does NOT help with massive SPIKES (multiple hits) from damage taken. Fire does not sustain like others. Resto builds imo have been inferior to health builds when it comes to Fire tanking. Fire can not heal itself enough. Healing recieved is buffed, but doesnt always help. The clear solution is a simple defense buff. Nothing major. Just raised enough to sustain better through multiple hits. Blocking is mostly needed for mechanics and counters. I would never say dont ever block. But the less you do, the better. Plus keeping a hit counter up in some content can be a challenge to get the defense buff to proc.
    • Like x 1
  18. Carilee Active Player

yes I go health then resto too. I see your point. the simple fix could be something like for each point of resto you have it grants 1 defense and for each point of dom you have it grants you 1 point of defense. that would give fire tanks 20k+ more defense and could potentially fix the issue you are speaking about. you would probably have to reduce the defense proc that currently exists since the base defense would be higher.

as for manacles of force, devs please put the cooldown back to what was originally. if you leave it at 30% great. I think the original cooldown is what made this appealing
    • Like x 1
  19. Brother Allen Loyal Player

This artifact does make Tanking easier though. It just does not go overboard with it. I will agree that the cool down on the effect was a massive hit, but in the end this artifact still grants an amazing effect to Tanking.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please keep discussion limited to specifically this artifact, the Manacles of Force.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.