Making money

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by K3str3lDC, Jan 4, 2019.

1. myandria Item Storage

I agree that strategy does work: I would be the one selling that same item for 550,000 or less. The only time I would put an item on the broker close to what others are charging is if it is a highly desirable item, like the Void Material.

If the item is something that I am truly not interested in, I will put it on the broker for $1. And yes, I have done this with materials that I just didn't like (that black tendril one; yeah, I dumped it for a dollar) or there are too much of. A good example of this is the Shimmer Material; it is taking up a lot of space in the broker and when I get one on a character that I doesn't need it I place it on the broker for $1. :D
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Sorry I vanished! Been busy with school. My girl is EmilyBatgirl
  3. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

OK kids, here’s how you make money on the broker:

Step 1. Find stuff on the broker that is consistently expensive
    Step 2. Do the things to get that stuff. If it costs real money to do the things to get that stuff and you don’t want to spend real money to get it, then you have your answer why it takes lots of fake game money to get something someone else paid real money to get. If it isn’t even available anymore then that’s another reason it will be expensive. You can’t sell a bunch of trash and “oh boy, now I can go get a Smoke Aura!” That said, there is a lot of expensive stuff in old content that are rare drops. You have to work for it, though, it doesn’t just fall in your lap while you are screwing around in your base or the HoD/WT.
    Step 3. Sell that expensive stuff

And that’s it. If the stuff you want costs a lot more than the stuff you are selling, that’s because everyone else wants that stuff too and no one really wants your stuff. Sorry. It’s not the broker’s fault you are selling trash and want treasure.
  4. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I am a member. I sell items for premiums. 20 % of the selling price I will keep, 5-15% of that are broker fees fro listing it.
  6. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I'm sorry, I forgot the disclaimer:

Premiums are the Walking Dead of DCUO: They look like people, but they aren't real people. :)

Hope that helps address your concern.
    • Like x 1
  7. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Thanks, I have friends and lgmates:3 Its just annoying but I will survive:3 Very kind of your part though:3
  8. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I'm premium. If you're trying to sell an expensive item but someone undercut you by selling for 40,000 or 39,019 that's me selling for the most a premium can sell, with a fee of 2,000.
  9. Brit Loyal Player

My flat advice to run the Anniversary Event and sell the collection pieces.

Doing the raid and Shadow Archons across 16 characters weekly, and the solo instance at least 50 times per week (not at all daily on all characters, but doing it plenty of times), I have turned up tons of Collection pieces. I sell them all at a price liberally lower than the lowest broker listed one, and post them with a Short timer. They always sell. Always. In the past two weeks, nothing has been returned in my mailbox except for 81 million dollars.

And that is with me actually collecting any of them I don't have on my main so that I can get the feat. I know I've had 2 for the Blue Lantern Aura that if I would have sold them rather than clicked them, I'd probably be up over 150 mil by now.

So while most players are giving you the unhelpful advice of "study the broker", "look online", "figure out where", etc., I'm just telling you flat out, run the Anniversary Event and sell the Collection Pieces (and to a lesser extent, the furniture). It makes a lot of money, makes it fast, and is incredibly easy. There are probably some lesser known, heavily RNG influenced ways to make money even faster, but as far as easy things that are basically guaranteed free money, helping people to complete time-sensitive feats will always be a sure thing.

And don't make the mistake of holding onto stuff until after the event thinking that you can sell it even higher once it's out of season. By the time the next event begins, people have forgotten all about the previous one, so even though the Supply goes down, the Demand goes down as well. Look at Snowballs and Holiday Candies right now; they aren't selling anywhere near where they were during the Winter Event. As crazy as it sounds, your goal is to unload all this stuff as fast as possible while the demand is high and it's on people's minds.
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

options: 1. farm class A exoskeletal systems, long but fast cash at $2 million each usually sold in 2 days or less when broker is busy
    2. if you're at least tier 6 to 7 sell plans, vendors will subtract about 5% from them but at higher tiers plans start being worth $20,000-$30,000 or more each and a good run will sometimes net you 3 or 4 based on how many bosses there are. this is even faster as it's instant money nearly.
  11. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

You beat me to it, lol.