Make up Your mind,,,

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gimpy, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

Seriously, make up Your mind.

Threads complaining about the community not working together to obtain in-game objectives.
    The Devs put in place the means to nudge the community towards this and it gets abused by in-game greed and Players must make a fortune of in-game cash instead of helping others.

Threads complaining about the gear grind going to take months and no time to enjoy the efforts put forth.
    Now there are threads about players already enjoying the gear because the Devs put in place the means to progress easier and claiming it's a "paywall" but the only "paywall" is the broker and those mentioned above.

Threads about P2W.
    Yet it all can be done without spending real cash but for the simple reason players choose to spend real cash threads crying from those who can't/won't or don't spend cash.

Threads about content being to hard.
    They made it easier now threads about it being to easy.

I could go on but it would be pointless.

DBG game Developers are not mind readers, if They were this game would have been exactly what every customer desired right down to the finest detail.

Choose what You're going to do.

Play or don't play.
    Spend cash or don't spend cash.
    Spam replays or don't spam replays.
    Use the system for your own desires or don't.
    Spend the time playing the game for the longest period of enjoyment or rush through it and wait for the next content to drop.

Do the community a favor and just make up your mind,

most of the community is tired of hearing/reading about the complaints of you not being able to ,,,,

have it exactly the way you want.

Anyone else agree???
    • Like x 9
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  3. Gimpy Loyal Player

Thank You for Your constructive input.
    Have a nice day and enjoy Your Thanksgiving Holiday.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That was really the only reaction I could come up with at the time, but if you want the meaningful reply, here it is:

All of this "blame the player" nonsense needs to cease. I agree some changes are their fault, but the devs aren't completely innocent either. There's no mutual understanding between them and the community. They say there is, but if that was the case, how would they listen to us on RnG with loot drops but turn around and put material and new auras behind RnG?

Whenever they adjust something in accordance of what we ask for, it always ends up way left field and gone overboard to the point where the community complains again, like the vendor prices on the new gear. We asked for best gear in vendor yes, and they gave it to us, along with a bunch of other things we didn't ask for. It's a constant rollercoaster ride and they can't ever give the community what they want without some sort of catch...

So can you really blame us for being fed up? A friend of mine really wants the phoenix material cause she's fire and has been asking for a fire related aura for years, we finally get it and it's put behind gambling boxes with a rare collection piece costing almost 100 mil on the broker. Is it too hard to just give us the new shiny things in the marketplace and let us pay for it outright instead of having to fight with RNGesus?

But yes blame it 100℅ on the players for the game being in the state it's in.

Also, hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and eat lots of Turkey :p
    • Like x 5
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

I never said I blame anyone for the state the game is in.

There are aspects of the game I don't agree with.

It's a 2 way street and the blame falls on both sides.

Make up Your mind about what you're choosing and move on to the next decision in life.
  6. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Interesting thread, it has now got to the point when you can't no longer blame daybreak, it's the players that complains and turn around and spend money, daybreak do not force us to do so.

But you want to spend money and point the blame at daybreak for your temptation lol.
    • Like x 2
  7. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I understand completely about being fed up reading replies that seem to have gone back and forth on the subject, especially after things were done to seemingly adjust that subject. You have every right to be frustrated byt.

That being said as Fatal pointed out it isn't so simple. Half the reasons folks are getting upset about the current climate is the choices being made either devalue what the devs have done or kind of stomp on the things folks have dreamed about.

No one is upset about having to pay for the time capsules. They are upset being they are based on RNG and therefore they can't get what they want, they than make something really cool (Phoenix material) and put it in the time capsules making it very similar to something that's in a booster bundle. Oh wait, it's different because there is actually a feat for getting the material and you actually got more things that were semi useful when you spent ten dollars on a booster bundle. That being the case though most people want to just have to pay a flat fee for customization options and not have to do what they are doing.

I say the devs devalue their own choices because releasing the time capsules the way they did. devalues the DLC they created too a degree because CR is king. We also don't know how much difference it will make when stats matter (how much vendor gear will be over non vendor gear) but I can tell you that giving access the way they did with the CR differential existing has cut everything in half and possibly could lead to a shortening of people wanting to play until the next DLC drops (which will be awhile from now).

These are all valid complaints and fears for this game, I may be "sick" of reading the same thing over and over again... but I choose to read it, no one makes me go into threads and comment or read, that's my choice. Half the time I do it because I'm looking for hope, trying to find a way to bridge any gap between things so that we can make this game better for everyone, us and the devs. Oh that subject, I am willing to allowed to be called a fool or an idealist or fill in the blank, because I know how silly that sound especially with everything that we've faced and seen. I'm even willing to admit that I feel like I'm currently losing such a battle but that's neither here nor there and really a different subject altogether.
  8. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

to some degree...there is a kind of factionalism to it...the second someone posts they want best gear in vendor for example inevitably all the active forum users who disagree argue in their posts...and all these built in sides and factions pull the game in different directions based on their input...and of course many people propose NON money making ideas...which the devs are forced to place in the game with MONEY-MAKING features...this upsets some of the most true believers in some things because they see their great idea sullied with money or grind...some of those guys who HATE best gear in vendor...NOW...look at their old posts...how many thought it was a GREAT idea...until the cost or grind changed their minds
  9. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Most of the big changes in game lately have caused huge divisions in the community if these forums are a gauge. That in itself is a very big fail. & it's not even vets vs noobs arguing about the direction of the game, it's vets vs noobs, vets vs vets,...In fact I can quite imagine a few of the devs, particularly the ones who have been here the longest feeling quite conflicted by some of the recent changes.

They could have put more styles in MP, which most of the community are united on. But they put then in rng boxes along with gear with aids progression, thus the gap between the rich (either ingame or real life) widens.

They could have kept the huge change regarding grind/lack of until they had figured out & implemented a way for people who play both roles &/or have a lot of alts to not have to choose.

If & when they implement something which most of the community are united upon minus catches, & the community are still not happy, then I think we can all agree that the devs' task is thankless. But they don't do this often
  10. NoPhilosophy Committed Player

Uhm....Or there are multiple players with varying skill levels. It's not one person changing their mind.
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

imagine if all these factions argued less in the forums and more in the streets during ring war...
    • Like x 1
  12. bmce84 Loyal Player

Sorry but you are blaming us, all your post is about how players seem to have a tug of war with the devs and no matter what we always pull them in, but that is not correct at all and many things you mentioned are also wrong.

TC do have P2W aspect with gear at high levels and feats, the grind is way too much for such little content, the broker hasn't been a way to help players in years, and the grind was made easier only because they added high level gear to the TC boxes Oh and content is easier because devs know if you make it too hard less people would play it and as you can see we already have players at the cap, meaning they will stop playing within a week and leave. This is why they make content easier, because the burners wont play long enough anyway and the casuals will but you need to make it to where they can enjoy for longer.

Devs are not mind readers, but the game is almost 7 years old, buy now they should have an idea of what players what, what will and wont work, but most of all they have to stop just making changes and hoping for the better. Many told them the CR differential was a mistake, they did it anyway, we told them monthly was a mistake, again ignore completely, and lets not even start with the incredible mess powers revamp has been for the last 3 years. Yeah it's hard to communicate when you have 1000 voices in your ear, but lets not lie to ourselves either, devs also have Twitter and facebook and some players communicate with them over those, which is more personal and even so devs still rather make a change even when 90% of the community says it's bad.
  13. Gimpy Loyal Player

No, my thread is about people making 1 thread on 1 side of the fence and then coming right back and making a thread on the opposite side of the fence.

People complaining and requesting changes, then when changes are made they come right back and complain and request changes to the changes all because it isn't EXACTLY what they wanted.

For the P2W aspect,
    ANY game that has items buyable to "speed up" progression of the game fits the definition of P2W.
    As a F2P player you may reach a point where you don't progress, you then have a choice to spend some cash or don't.
    Any Premium member spending cash to play content is PAYING to progress.
    Any Legendary Member paying a sub to play content is PAYING to progress.

Online Games are a business and not a source of free entertainment for the masses, while this game has a F2P label placed on it
    it is still a business. The choice to use any real life cash is strictly on the consumer and it's not needed to play the game.
    The real life cash is needed for the game to continue and pay the bills but no one is forcing a single person to spend 1 red cent.

That 90% you claim, well, 90% of the community doesn't even come and read the forums let alone make a post.
    • Like x 2