Make the Watcher a SC in revamp

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by make*watcher*SC, Feb 17, 2013.

1. make*watcher*SC New Player

The Watcher needs to be a super charge when the powers get revamped.

Why?

It's the only power that damages and heals at the same time while other support powers whom pets support their role are at a cost of a super charge like Battle Drone.

Battle Drone does the same thing as Watcher it damages and feeds power to the caster and anyone near it. With both pets doing the same thing (one gives heals one gives power) I feel that Watcher should be changed into a super charge and be replaced with a new healing power. Sorc already has 5 super charges & I would say 3 out of 5 super charges are being used be players. If players need to cast a pet it should be casted for extra damage and PI asst just as all other pets do in every other power set in game.

When will the topic be open for the revamp of both Healing Powers.?
    • Like x 1
  2. PurpCity New Player

Technically gadget's suppressor turret can do damage, set up pi's and cc effectively and believe it or not, controllers are able to do much more than just pump out power..

Watcher is fine as is. The only thing I'd want to see is a separate pvp cr by which all pets can scale appropriately depending on the situation (pve or pvp)
    • Like x 4
  3. Gwalir Loyal Player

I'm with PurpCity on this one.

I also would like to add that I believe part of the reason Battle Drone is a Supercharge is the fact that it can be summoned at the same time as the Turret. The Watcher doesn't have that benefit. If you have a Fury or Guardian out, or even a Robot Sidekick, and then summon the Watcher, the first pet will be replaced.

I do think they should reflect your current role though, since last I knew a DPS could switch to Healer Role to make his Watcher heal and then swap to DPS Role and keep a healing Watcher.
  4. make*watcher*SC New Player

Sorcery has pet that set up PI's for them as well. The different's between the two pets (Watcher & Turret) are that one supports in healing and damaging and from what I have seen it heals in both roles while the other ads in PI's and gives no power out.
  5. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

That part just not true.

Polymorph is useless outside a PvP environment and even then it's still useless.
    Baleful Transmorgrification is about as useful as Electric's Megavolt which isn't worth the 100% in either powerset.
    Grand Summoning pales in comparison to Mass Hysteria and for lasting 30seconds it shouldn't be a 100%SC either.
    The Arbiter of Destiny has the makings to be the best SC for Sorcery but it has flaws of it's own.
    Transendence is the fan favorite and though it is quite useful in PvE and PvP, though a little nudge ruins that whole experience.

On a realistic scale, I can see your reasons for making the Watcher a SC. The whole Summoning Tree for Sorcery needs to be re-worked IMO. If they DID make the Watcher a SC the power bar would have to be removed and just allow it to either cast HoT or spam light heals for it's duration. It's certainly not something I'd push for.
    • Like x 2
  6. Gwalir Loyal Player

Like PurpCity said, the Turret is not meant to give out power. It instead helps with crowd control, which is one of the Controller's jobs.

Also, unless they changed it, the Watcher only heals when summoned while you are in Healer Role. Once summoned though, you can change to DPS and keep the Watcher as a Healer.
  7. Onslaught1261 New Player

no way in hell,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, thats all i have to say about this topic
  8. Extinction Active Player

This a a noobie and horrible idea.
    • Like x 1
  9. JMBOO New Player

Sure thing, as long as SOE then removes the cast time from Invocation Of Renewal and makes Transcendence Uninterruptible as compensation.
  10. Doc Holliday New Player

Really you went out of your way to make an account named that LOL? Guess we all know what league your in ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. Anierna Well-Known Player

The OP obviously has no idea how Sorcery healing works. Whizzkid caught the OP's error concerning SCs (only 2 of them are usable, not 3), but more important is the OP's flawed premise. He has failed to consider how Sorcery healing would function if the Watcher were an SC.

The Watcher is the only group burst healing Sorcery has. SO's a HoT, SW's a HoT + situational burst, Rejuv's only single-target, Invocation has a cast time, CoP's a HoT. If the Watcher were made an SC, Sorcery would be pushed even further behind Nature and Elec. It simply wouldn't be able to compete, seeing as the amount of burst damage is constantly increasing in new content and burst healing is necessary to deal with it.

On a side note, anyone else wondering who the real OP is? That account was obviously made just to start this troll thread.
    • Like x 3
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

Yea, I noticed that when I first saw the topic. I'd reckon it to be someone that has posted one too many "Sorc is OP" threads on the PC or Ps3 forums and now he/she wishes to disguise themselves. Aside from that, I agree with your statement regarding our healing options. The Watcher isn't a necessity but it IS one of our more viable forms of healing. I'm curious to see what happens with the healing powers during our Sorc/Nature Revamp.
  13. SlayingDaimon New Player

The watcher has a limited power pool and the sorcery user has to give up health and power to replenish some of it or recast it later. Also with grand summoning you gain a buffed up additional watcher, guardian, and a fury so you kind of have what you wanted in game as well.
  14. Clutch Committed Player

I don't think it's even fair to compare watcher to battle drone anyway. For one, I know it isn't much, but everyone is able to regen their own power with weapon attacks and you can't do that with health. Watcher helps sorc to be a more viable healing option. It's competing against other healing classes, not gadgets. As a troller, you should be happy about the passive heal and low power usage of sorcs.

On a side note, why do people always want a nerf? Why not just buff the other powers, weapons, etc.?
  15. Zpirit Dedicated Player

this +1