Make seasonal styles unlock able

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, May 1, 2019.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The entire point of unlocking styles is that we don't have to do the same grind for alts if one is willing to pay for it with replay badges bought with real life money. What makes the Seasonal Styles different?
    • Like x 1
  2. Brit Loyal Player

All styles should be migrated to the unlockables.

Since they have stated that it takes some additional amount of work to make that happen, I am content with the idea that all NEW styles should be unlockable from the first moment of implementation.

Seriously, if it's such a big pain for them to roll out the style unlock waves, then why do they keep implementing their new styles without the unlock being set up? Why not just make it right in the first place, instead of introducing a new style knowing that it will create extra work later to fix the neglected Unlockable status.

Color me crazy, but when I built my new bathroom, I didn't build it without electricity, and then go back later to rip the walls open and run the wires. As long as you're in there working on it, why not just FINISH the job the first time instead of putting part of it off for later.

They can roll out the older styles in their waves, but every new style should be unlockable by default; set it up while they're already in there building it. It's just common sense.
    • Like x 3
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yup, do agree with you on that (as long as the Seasonals aren't included :p)
  4. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I’d rather have a special vendor that’s in the HQ’s year round to still pick up the styles and items. You can still only get the marks during the seasons, but always use any leftover when they end at the year round vendor. But, this might work better.
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The problem with seasonal styles is not that it is difficult to get them during the season, but the fact that if you come up with a costume for your new alt half a year after the season, you have to wait for half a year to get this style. You can buy all seasonal styles, for all present Alts, this is not a problem, problems begin after the end of the season, when each new alt must wait a year in order to get this damn style ...
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That sounds like an idea: have a Permanent Seasonal vendor tucked away somewhere in the HQ's, can only earn (or buy) the currencies during the actual Seasonal, butt you don't have to wait until it comes around again if, during the year, you come up with an idea that uses one or more of the pieces (like the many posts concerning the Antlers)
  7. mdharlem Active Player

I strongly agree.
  8. Rusty Metal Active Player

Unlock all the things!
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Any character created after the Seasonal ends would still have to wait a year to get the Seasonal Currency to buy the styles, even if they introduced a Year-Round Seasonal Vendor
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Some styles are Gender-locked, if you want the Shaman Helm on a female, you will have to get it on a female
    Zoom got the Shaman Head from a Prom Box some time back, haven't actually claimed it yet, so not sure if the same applies (another female character can unlock it, a male can't)
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Is it a job for you just to come up with Platitude sandwiches for everybody that wants a Quality of Life change to the game? "That alt has to do enough to earn that currrency" yeah..... because everybody loves doing the same old daily mission and alert 5 days straight for a style or cosmetic. (sarcasm intended.)

Seriously, your against style unlocking for seasonals? And it doesn't even seem like you have any concrete reason to be against it, than just being against it.

First its "Alt must earn it" which means doing the same old repetitive and boring mission on every single toon that you have, or buying currency over and over again for everyone of your toons... both methods are inconvenient(although one's probably more fun than the other) and time consuming.

Second it's"You should only have 6 alts" when legendary membership or purchases from the marketplace can earn you more toons to play on, but you want the cosmetic on them anyways.

Third its "Why not just buy on your main?" If you allow style unlocking for this to happen, we can buy the seasonal styles for our toon long after the seasonal's done. Because replay badges and styles never have an expiration date.

Seasonals on the other hand, you're never able to buy the cosmetic unless the seasonal's opened. So that currency you just bought to go buy that style will never see to be used until another 365 days for now, when you could already have the style(Which you've already earned) through replay badges.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're arguing with someone who is still "working" on seasonal feats from 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. I'm going to assume 2017 and 2018 also.
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was already banned for making a post in this thread, not going to happen again

Nice to see that the resident stalker knows more about me than, well, me
  14. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I would be all for this.