Make older raids, alerts, duos possible to enter as solo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PlayerNumberWhoKnows, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]

Sooner is good.
    • Like x 2
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The single most asked-for feature in the entire game for ten years now. Asked more or less every day, often multiple times a day. This is approximately the 100,000,000,000th request for it. Give or take.
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"This will still leave a small possible problem" is not an argument against "this is the single most requested feature ever."

The perfect should not be the enemy of the good.

The requested change would work for something like 95% of instances. Saying that you can't do the remaining 5% solo is close to irrelevant. It's certainly a detail postpone-able, at the least, for some time to come.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Add to that the fact that MOST of the ones that can't be solo'd can still be done with 3-4-5 people and it's still 100% benefit as you don't need 8...which is generally the issue.
    • Like x 2
  5. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Lets goooOOOoooOOO W0OOOOO.OOOOOOO :eek: OOOOO.0
    We all thank you.
  6. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Been away from DC for a few years now but this is one feature would make me come back.
    • Like x 1
  7. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Yeah that would be a relief. Ta.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Some group content from game launch or soon afterwards has entrances besides the On Duty menu, it is precedented. Some alerts... Arkham Asylum, Ace Chemicals, Armory. Raids... Batcave, Khandaq, Fortress of Solitude. Some duos... Grodd lab, Hive base, Gotham mercy hospital, Gotham hospital, Gotham riverfront, Gotham hotel, Gotham subway, Gotham lighthouse, etc.

+1 to all group content being walk-in or some variation thereof.

hmm, wow, i hadn't realized how much group content is considered an Operation. Just saw a list of them. https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Operations
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Anything that's in more than a single contiguous location is an "Operation."

Originally it also meant an open-air real-Metro/Gotham segment, but that was so unpopular (with "Hand of Fate"), it was dropped.

Although I'd note that at least some of that negative reaction was because of lag from so many people in an area, which clearly is no longer a problem on the present scale. Just saying.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally my only problem with some of the 'operations' is when they dump you back elsewhere. 'Return to last location' should mean just that. Leave metro, end up in metro...not Mogo or New Gen or the basement of the WT/HOD. It's not the end of the world, but make the teleporter say 'watchtower' or wherever and I'll retract my comment. The WoL1 missions are the worst dumping you back in Mogo even if you leave via the scorecard. At least most operations work correctly if left that way.

I never had an issue with the actual use of Metro/Gotham in hand of fate....in fact I built a few bases strategically so that moving from one city to the other was quick and easy...warp base/walk out door. Of course this no longer matters with teleporters and the 2 'warp 2' city entries.
  11. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Good one.
    hahaha
  12. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

This^ :rolleyes: :oops::rolleyes::oops::rolleyes:
  13. Dwein New Player

APOYO!!!!
  14. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

WAZZAPYO!
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it's a thought. combine this with a rotating monthly event level "old content" raid and you'd have a way to expose new players to old content at level without the "oh crap a million 320s carried me" syndrome...
  16. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Any news on these topics...?...
  17. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Absolutely true. There were several walk in portals and it was nearly a game breaker. That's why they shut it down.
  18. Anti-Monitor Monitor New Player

I had the impression that the adaptable NPCs in the Flashpoint duo were a way of testing a system for making older content (duos, alerts and raids) open to being done solo or with smaller groups. Or maybe I'm wrong and it won't come to anything. But other games have implemented systems like this with great success - Star Wars: The Old Republic comes to mind. In that game you get a bot that follows you around and can be set to heal, tank or dps. The instances where you required two or three to activate something (a console for example) were simplified so that you didn't need two or three to do the activation, you generally just have to be in that specific area for it to work or now on your own you could activate the thing. After a while this bot system in SWTOR for soloing old content was the only way I could actually play some of the instances because of long queue times. I'm not sure of the technical side of things for DCUO, but one would think they could do something similar. If this new adaptable NPC system for the Flashpoint duo is successful, maybe we'll get something soon? There's a bunch of older content that I simply can't play because no one queues for it anymore, and getting feats can be a real pain in this context too.
    • Like x 2
  19. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

That is something worth looking into, thanks. And it also works SWTOR, as you mentioned.
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Wasn't the PS3 still a thing when this happened though? We are now 2 generations later in regards to consoles, and even further ahead when it comes to PCs. I hope this is one of the planned "upgrades" they said will be working on this year.