Make older raids, alerts, duos possible to enter as solo?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PlayerNumberWhoKnows, Mar 15, 2021.

1. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Hello.

Wondering if this could make it on the test server then on the live server later,
    I'll bring up the discourse or try to, on these subjects (if there is more threads on these already then my apologies, couldn't find any with multiple search using the search bar here.)
    As the title says: Make older raids, alerts, duos possible to enter as solo? More precisely the ones that can be done as a solo player, the ones that can be run as solo from a certain CR and above, the ones that doesn't require all the 8 or all the 4 or both 2 players with terminals/console activation, side quest etc. but if a 8 player raid requires 3 (for the console activation etc.), then 3 should also be possible to enter if that can be done by those 3 or 4, 5 etc high CR toons/characters and the players playing them. But first, Im here about that soloable content.
    There are few from the older content with entrances on the map like some T1 and T2 raids and some other, and can walk right in as solo, some of them need 2-3 players to activate some terminals but you get the idea.

Why would somenone bring this up in an MMO, this is not a singleplayer game,
    well not all servers have high population to run all the queues non stop, have to LFG most of the times or ask for help with que up,
    many players just toxic to do that with, messing up on purpose, -intentionally ruining feats, or doesn't bother at all to help or respond etc.,
    Not all league members available all the time or not even enough to enter, and why bother everyone with it all the time or any time, when someone could enter and finish those solo. Could possibly save a lot time and effort

I mean, some of the MMO's out there made this possible long ago, these ideas no new at all or in any way, why can't it happen here in DCUO as well?
    Just wanting, would like to farm/collect some items, consmetics, collectibles, feats etc. as a newer player, who is not here since the start of the game like, from 10 years ago or 5 or 1 year ago, like most of the episodes are abandoned having high queue times.
    Would love to catch up, if I can't reach the content because of the mentioned and what doesn't come to mind at the moment, then it is hard to find the motivation and arguments to make a monthly subscription, every month to pay for a game that can't be played because can't get into the content...

All comments, ideas, positives and negatives are welcome.
    As long as someone can give anything acceptable on why or why not etc.
    Thats my two cents on this at first, and on helping out newer players this way.

Greetings.
    • Like x 26
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you're not alone in the request. there's a whole bunch of us on here who've been calling for / advocating some way to enter old content without the need of a group. the best idea yet seems to be some form of a "forced" queue, where you can enter either with a reduced number of players or solo. for what it's worth, I have a vague recollection of Mepps saying that they were weighing up the options.
    • Like x 6
  3. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Yo.
    I see,
    Hope they weight in on here with that, on this thread and everyone else who have the same and similar request.
    • Like x 2
  4. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

It's a good option to add in, considering how many people complain about high CR players blasting through low CR content.
    • Like x 4
  5. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Agreed with you on that, good point.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Preach it brother. I've been after this for a few years now(repeatedly). Some are suggesting walk ins, or timed queues or teleporter mods...I suggest what I call 'Adjustable Queue Size' where you can either set the matchmaking number (like you set to 4 on a raid, you have 3...you matchmake the 4th), or just straight up being able to NOT match make. You have 3...you enter the raid with 3. Obviously where consoles/gears/mechanics require more than the amount you go in with...thats on you. I think building the system around people that don't know you CAN"T do Flash duo with 1 person or Khandaq with 2 people is what will hang it up. Put a line of text for 'mechanic required' amount in the description and anyone who disregards it...well, that's on them. Obviously with any less than 8 for a raid, and 4 for a duo, you are NOT entitled to have the role requirements filled either....again, let the queue-ing party beware on those situations.

The way I see it the main 'pros' are that A) you can get into content without having to sucker 7 other people into it (3 for alerts)...which can take a long time B) for feats hunting, you don't need to worry about some rando messing things up C) low level players would most likely NOT run into high CR players as much...meaning they can have a more 'authentic' experience D) people wanting styles/collections/investigations or checklist progress have an easier avenue to success E) It allows for quicker source farming for high levels who have lost many means to farm source.

The Major 'Con' to it is that people who require queuing, such as low level beginners, will have to wait longer for queues to pop as many will be going in solo or in limited groups. However as there is a common gripe in these forums about 'A high CR just RUINED my run!!!', the rumor is that people don't like being carried anyway. There's no rule saying a low level can't LFG for a high level person or have a friend still provide a carry if they want it.
    • Like x 6
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, this would be great for when you're waaaayyyy over CR and really don't need any help and just want a briefing/investigation, collection, particular loot, super easy feat, etc. I hate having to wait forever and struggle to get into something I could do on my own in moments but still be forced to get help that likely would rather be with other on-cr people and get more of an experience. The alternative is to repeatedly call out in shout chat asking for people to queue and then just leave if they want, but that's also annoying. Plus it's an annoying minor inconvenience to give to people. Of course, it's very minor, but I'd rather just.... not. Especially if I'm going to need to do the instance several times to get what I want from it.
    • Like x 4
  8. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Lets go!
    There is a gold mine of ideas there, hope they will look into it.
    We are on the same side, brother.
    • Like x 1
  9. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Yeah, thats the thing I feel about that to, experienced many times. Really sophisticated phenomenon as you wrote that,
    and it doesn't feel well in-game.
    • Like x 1
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

Yah this one gets asked alot and I would like to see it myself. Let alone the queue waiting time when I just want to get one of my toons through for a feat or brief, for some instances I just want to farm the collections.

All they need to do is add a checkbox to the OnDuty to "enter with current group" even if that group is just one person. No need for special portals or anything else.
    • Like x 5
  11. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

wouldnt get your hopes up, Paradox Wave used to have a walk-in. never to be seen again, tho i agree w/u, because i loved doing things on my own
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This has always been my suggestion. Just eliminate the already programmed matchmaking requirement. I'd think it would be easy to do.
    • Like x 4
  13. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Or as a compromise they can repackage old Raids as slightly buffed Alerts like they've done in LPVE. More people would probably run more older content if it was kinda challenging to do old content as 4mans. Trust me it's way easier to put together or PUG in with 3 other people than it is with 7. Who wouldn't want to do Fortress of Solitude to Volcano Mining Facility as an Alert?
    • Like x 1
  14. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Simple,
    Straightforward.
  15. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Well, I, myself am not sure about that,
    that could be another option for sure. In that manner there could be elevated levels-stronger-harder modes of the same instances for those who want the challenging feel of the old/older contents (heard about the early days of Paradox Wave raid, for example hahaha) not sure about that though.
    At least not for the soul purpose of this thread, what most of us share in here,
    not the same direction/goal/outcome with what you have mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  16. Irvynnge Loyal Player

if it happens, which I am sure it will at some point down the line, it'll be adjustable queue sizes. they'll never do walk-ins again, not after the nightmare that was Paradox ( as you rightly say ).
    • Like x 1
  17. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

definitely agree but, they would need to remove the group mechanics in some rooms.
    • Like x 4
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

This is all fine and dandy until you realize that some of these older alerts and raids cannot be done without a minimum number of people in order to get past certain stages. It’s not just as simple as creating a walk-in portal.

How do you propose to alter the fountain mechanics in Khandaq where you need three people to simultaneously work the cogs? Or the Inner Sanctum where four people have to do it?

Oh yeah... he you can’t interrupt the DLC cycles either.
    • Like x 1
  19. Solarbound Committed Player

All of the feats I'm missing simply because you can hardly get groups to do those older instances anymore. Many of us, including myself, have been wanting such an option for quite some time. My vote is yes. DEVS, please make it happen. It's long overdue.
    • Like x 3
  20. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2