Make materials style unlockable and I will re-sub

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Revoemag, May 15, 2018.

1. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

How the tides have turned :D
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It doesn't matter who came up with the idea first, what's important is you both didn't listen to SJ during the livestream.
    • Like x 2
  3. Savynaa Well-Known Player

For the material it is technilly possible to make them like basic color? I mean for exemple with a gloves style you can choose wich color where to go, like that you can have only a part of the style have material.

(sorry for my english hard to explain^^)
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Materials can not replace a portion of the item, only the whole item.
  5. Savynaa Well-Known Player

It is exactly what i ask to dev if they can do like the colors only a part of the item. Because most of the time that look weird.
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Pretty sure they would have to redo every styles in the game to be able to add the option you are asking for.
    So I strongly doubt that will ever happen.

Weird??? Depends which styles you use I suppose.

With most styles it looks fine.... heck even awesome. ;) ;)

• Like x 3
  7. ChillCat Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Ordinarily I wouldn't respond to such a childish and offensive post, but I like to win, so here we are. You're gonna be writing for a while, so take your time.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/anyone-agree-that-style-unlock-should-not-apply-to-materials-or-bb-auras.295909/page-3#post-4123873

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...so-original-auras-are-expensive.295983/page-4

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...erials-or-bb-auras.295909/page-3#post-4123873
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

SUPER GREAT!!!

Man....Can't believe I'm the first one to ever say that.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The problem the developers are probably bumping into is something referred to as "technical debt." Anyone who works in the IT industry sees it all the time. Basically, you create something to solve your problem. It works just fine... until someone comes along and says, "Can we make it do this other thing too? Oh, and we need it yesterday." There are often two ways to resolve this... the right way, or basically, rebuild the whole thing from scratch with modularity and adaptability put into it... or the quick and dirty way, or basically bolt it on with chewing gum, duct tape, and bent paper clips. So now, you put something into your work backlog that says you need to rebuild this whole thing... only someone else comes along and says, "Hey, can you make the process do yet another thing by the end of this week?" So now you're in the same boat... only you have two jury-rigged items with a third one about to be bolted on... and still no clean solution. Or maybe it's not even to add in functionality... it's just to fix the problem overall, but your management chain wants the shiny new features instead... so you're forced to prioritize your time away from what you really want to get done to make everything solid.

Oh, and we can add on more complications to this whole thing... like maybe you're the new guy taking over the project for someone who is leaving the company in 2 weeks... and is barely around to help you come up to speed on the whole thing because he or she is playing hookey, burning up some vacation time, or just has the "give a $#!+ switch" turned off.

For DBG to be able to fix all of the technical debt in the game we would likely not see much in terms of new DLCs for a while because at least half of their staff would be dedicated to just cleaning things up, rebuilding them, etc.
    • Like x 3
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

its a wonder theres enough leaded gas left in the world to run the generator that keeps the atari 64 at the heart of all this still going
    • Like x 2
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

HA!!! *snorts milk*

Thank you for this :)
    • Like x 1