Make Fire viable again....some ideas on fixes.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WesPypes3679, Dec 10, 2017.

1. L T Devoted Player

Yeah, that's exactly what you have to do. Earth Aftershocks has to use both Amazonian Deflection and Hard Light Shield to be viable also.
    Unfortunately, based upon discussions I've had with developers, you in fact ARE using the power set as intended.
    I would say some combination of:
    • Higher Defense from Fire Soul -- it's hard to hit and maintain the max right now, and the max isn't high enough.
    • Full healing bonus while blocking
    • Higher Healing overall, either through increased base heals or a restoration bonus
    I don't expect any of these changes to actually happen.
    • Like x 2
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

LT correct me if im wrong, is it Fire the only power that got its 10% resistance removed? i know some of the other powers still has it, but not sure if all.
  3. L T Devoted Player

No, I'm pretty sure all the Tanks lost that. Rage and Earth lack it also-- haven't checked Ice and Atomic, but I'm reasonably sure there's consistency there. The only way to get extra CC resistance is to pop a break-out.
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess the most difficulty comes from timing the shields correcty.
    if your shields are up, you are going to do fine.
    have them in cooldown together: well, you are going down very fast.
    that is what i think of fire, after switching powers yesterday ^^
    problem with dots are that they are calculated for the whole cooldown time.
    if targets die earlier, you waste a lot of dammage for the DOT's.
    i guess burst dammage is superior in every way...
    thats comming from someone hwo thought that he could put up dots
    and play with weapons until the cooldowns wear off.
    modded might+precission. worst tactical decission... ever ^^'
    • Like x 1
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...according to some of the DCUO webs out there, Atomic gains 15% resistance with the aura, and Rage gains 10% resistance with Severe Punishment.
    Ice, Earth and Fire dont get that resistance % increase.
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Thing is... Immolation is not that strong as other shields, and since Fire has the lowest defense of all tanks, under heavy hits or lots of adds, youll find in that situation very often. Even while blocking .
    • Like x 1
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

i didn't know that the shield is less effective than others :)
  8. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

The tank side needs some work, I really don't see how battle tanking is viable...when I come out of block my health goes down quick.
    • Like x 1
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

As far as battletanking...you only block for counters, mechanics, and breakouts...other than that you have to be active..I have a Battletank that does well damage wise in any raid below earth3. Not strong enough for Earth3 yet. You have to have a pull...I just use backdraft....inferno and immolation keep enemies burning for defense buff (or any other power that set up burn) and a couple of dps abilities...usually a knockdown like flashpoint to use fireburst. WM is a must for damage...something quick and strong at melee range I use 1H. Its not as good as Atomic or Earth...but do able.
  10. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Fortified Assualt mod for neck is needed to be active...I also use restorative flashpoint mod to gain a little healing when I use it....which is often. Having powers that do damage and return some health are a must.
  11. C3alix Committed Player

I Have. MANY times.

Maybe it's because I have 300+ sp, test the hell out of every possible rotation, spec and respec when I get the chance, and have been fire since beta. But fire is FINE where it's at, both tanking and dps.

I'm curious as to what everyone's loadout is, how they're spec'd, and what equipment and generator mods they use.
    • Like x 1
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

good to hear , players( 300sp+) i know who went fire for testing tanking in elite content couldnt wait to switch power quite fast
    • Like x 2
  13. L T Devoted Player

I'm happy for you.

But respectfully, "I'm an elite player and I can make Fire work" is not the same as "fire is FINE". All other tank power sets perform better than Fire.

For DPS, it's definitely possible to do well as Fire given recent content, but as I said in a previous post, there are a couple of underperforming abilities.
    • Like x 5
  14. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

I find this post really unconstructive. I also disagree fire tanking is fine. You offer no real actual experiences beyond how long you have played the game for and the amount of skill points you have. I have over 350 sp but in no way would I base that amount for a foundation of an argument about a power-set. You then ask people to share their load outs, specs etc without producing any real feedback or evidence of your own.
    • Like x 3
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

You pretty much summed up my entire point of starting this thread. Good players can make it work. That doesn't negate the fact that Fire Tanks are the weakest tank class. DPS is doable and good players make it work and work well. The average Fire user aside from "elitists" struggle at times. Certain abilities both Tank and DPS need some adjustments on their underperforming abilities. My goal is a little more balance. Not nerfing top powers but bringing up the middle of the pack powers a little and the bottom alot. We all want to do well within our powersets...not use a a powerset because its overperforming compared to others.
    • Like x 1
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

How are you specc'd? What mods are you using? What loadouts are you using? As far as DPS I am parsing 17.5k to 18.5k average on 3 targets per 10sec. High crit passes 19k to 21k. Single target LO does 10.5k to 11.5k parses per 10sec. High crit passes range from 13k to 14k. As these are only sparring target numbers, I do much better in content. I run at 22.3k might and 31k powers (that's with nitro and CO). I myself only have 215sp.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess burning determination (looks like a shield, but isn't)
    should absorb or reduce dammage... or something like that!
    i switched it out after finding out: use hardlight shield instead.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sigeci Well-Known Player

Any chance you could share this loadout,. I've yet to see anything over 13 k per second on the sparring targets and ive tested multiple loadouts and have 361 sp. Right now im using inferno, flashpoint, mass det, flame cascade, absorb heat, and neo venom
    • Like x 1
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

To Make Fire Great Again my suggestions are....

1) Stock Flames gets full range.
    2) Mass Detonation seems weak compared with Frost Blast, needs a slightly buff and no longer be interrupted.
    3) Meteor Strike should take additional damage on burned enemies instead of be a PI applicator. Fire has a excessive amount of PI applicators.
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Inferno is the best DOT Fire has...but has a long cooldown time and its hard to set your PI all the time in raids. Flashpoint is good...but I only use it for knockdown with my Battletank build. I use Detonate instead of Flmae Casscade because its faster and the damage is still close.

I run multiple builds. One for muliple targets (MT) and one for single targets (ST)

MT- Meteor Strike , Fireburst, Mass Det, Wildfire, Detonate, and Neo Venom Boost. My rotation when sparring 3 targets for 10sec is Meteor Strike, Fireburst, Mass Det, Wildfire, Detonate, Fireburst, Wildfire. In content I dont skip Mass Det the 2nd time thru. It is power hungry but i spec and mod for power as much as I can. When I last parsed I had 22.3k might with 31k power. I just got my OP head piece from Earth3 so that number increased a little to 23.1k might.

ST- Meteor Strike, Overheat (or Robot SK), Mass Det, Heat Vision, Absorb Heat, Neo Venom Boost. Rotation for 1 target per 10sec...Meteor Strike, Overheat, Mass Det, Heat Vision, Absorb Heat, Heat Vision. In instances I usually dont skip Mass Det 2nd Time thru.

Hope that helps. Please do share the numbers you get after trying it out. It has been the best loadouts I have come up with so far.