Make Fire viable again....some ideas on fixes.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WesPypes3679, Dec 10, 2017.

1. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Cool. I do the same...meteor strike to Fireburst is a must. Flame cascade i canbagree with. I dont tank much anymore...maybe my build is bad. Health and resto heals. 67k health. Health just goes up and down so fast. Sometimes im just full health to knocked out fast. Could be me, not the best of tanks. As far as dps I work and test it alot. I have 3 dps builds for situations. Single target, multiples and a mix of both. My average runs sparring on 3 targets per 10sec is 17k to 18k sometimes 20k. Single target per 10 sec about 9k to 11k sometimes 13k to 14k. Decent numbers but when my friends are averaging 19 to 21k on multiples and 13k on single, that makes me feel like Im underperforming...powers balance is the 1st thing that comes to mind.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Do you turtle tank? I just pull, cast heal, weapons, shield if needed, weapons, block on skull, repeat. The E3 raids are little more challenging because a lot of the bosses are scripted to run off (Ultraman, Johnny Quick) or are just really really slow (Killmachine 3000)
  3. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

My normal LO is Meteor Strike, Fireburst, Mass Det, Wildfire, Detonate and Neo Venom.
    Rotation for 10sec parse...
    Meteor Strike, Fireburst, Mass Det, Wildfire, Detonate, Fireburst, Wildfire.
    I repeat mass det on 2nd rotation in raids not in sparring.

Single target...
    Meteor strike, mass det, heat vision, absorb heat, robot sk, neo venom
    Rotation per 10 ms, md, hv, ah, hv

22.3k might (with nitro and co) 31k power

I have a 3rd LO...for alerts and duo thats nit so pwr hungry
  4. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I dont turtle...i only block on V,s counters and breakouts. I use staff as weapon hybrid build. Always setting burn...pulling...healing...and attacking
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I was staff, I switched to brawling. Not as cool looking but I like it.
    • Like x 1
  6. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Right after the revamp, I had issues with Robot Sidekick dying a lot. Are you having this issue at all?
    I might try incorporating it again, if not.

My single target has been Inferno, Overhead, and then alternating Heat VIsion and Absorb Heat. Seems to be hitting really well.
  7. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I like inferno...but using Meteor Strike builds my SC faster and it has shorter cooldown and knockdown on most adds. Fires DOTs are weak so ibdint set too much up DOT wise. Robot SK works fine for me and gives better DOT than overheat imo...cuz sometimes overheat just gets wasted...more on adds than bosses. Mass Det is nice in my rotation bc once I have neo venom up and my dps trinket I can potentially crit for 45 to 50k.
  8. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Yeah, I don't run Overheat in my multi-target load out. I didn't like Mass Det in my single target, because of the lack of crits I was seeing.
    • Like x 1
  9. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Very true about Mass Det. Sometimes it just doesnt hit for much. But overall Im averaging 10 to 11k per 10sec. I prefer fireburst cuz its more consistent damage wise...but it gets interrupted way more than mass det. I would ratger hit for something rather than nothing.
    Plus at times when target moves or gets too far away...you dont hit anything. Mass Det will hit even after cast and target moves. It also seems to crit better in instances than on sparring targets to me.
  10. Korlick Loyal Player

Another negative aspect about Fire Tanking is the high amount of SP you need. Its the only power that needs so many SP.
    • Like x 1
  11. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

And thats probably the reason I am not the greatest at it.
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

wondering how many fire tanks actually tank elite content , never run with one since last dlc... all fire players i run with dps elite only.
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

Yes, you're totally right. Mass Detonation ONLY works good with Neo-Venom + Trinket otherwise is very underperforming and Fire's DoTs are weak even using Inferno clipped with Stock Flames and Overheat.
  14. L T Devoted Player

No apologies needed! I was just pointing out that my original post was in a different thread, and it was about all the powers and how the ones that were more popular tended to be the ones that were easy to figure out how to PFTT with.

I actually think it's better that you created a new thread here to talk about Fire in particular rather than derail that thread.
    • Like x 1
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Good question I havent been in one yet with a Fire Tank.
  16. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I've derailed and got off topic in other threads before...lesson learned. I just wanted to address a few concerns about Fire....a new thread was my best option.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

You can thank the removal of CR differential for that. Pets get dropped fast now.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

I have been Fire all along, 6 years now never changed powers except to get style feats. We all know the game is not balanced and some powers are better than others but what has been done to fire tanking is ridiculous. The shield is a joke no matter your stats. The self heals are weaker than and electric dps and the defense buff is non-existent. With 70k health I can be one shot by the bosses in Zoo elite. My health bar looks like a kid with a yo-yo in Pan elite and I have yet to try Escape elite. You would think 365sp would count for something but it really doesn't feel that way. I can see why healers hate fire right now. I thought the point of the changes to tanking was to make it so you don't have to block and could do more damage. Did they forget fire in that discussion? You cant do anywhere near the damage of Earth or Atomic in tank stance and even blocking now I feel squishy.

I have always found a way to be relevant in DPS stance but it is really a workout now. I have posted several times about the DPS side of things and calling for another balance pass by the devs. It doesn't need much but a little would be helpful. I have 21k might at 222cr and when someone on a different power can only have 16k might and outperform me by 2 mill in escape that's a problem. I don't care how many of you say "get a better load out" or "learn to play better" or how ever you want to say I am the cause. Well too bad I know I am not the best player on the game but i also know I am not the worst. Not crying in beer over my poor power just giving my opinion on a topic. Oh by the way while we are talking about tanking. No tank should be able to out damage someone in DPS stance all things being equal as in CR/SP including mods. This hybrid thing is getting out of hand with certain tanks being able to deal out that much damage. Some trolls can but healers cant even beat most fire tanks in damage.
    • Like x 1
  19. Wet fluffy Well-Known Player

I’d like to comment on the tank side of Fire.

I’ve Fire tanked Pano Elite to a successful conclusion a few times. My load out was Backdraft, Burning Determination, Stoke Flames, Immolation, Hard Light Shield and Amazonian Deflection. I also heavily utilised the latest Personal Dampening Field Consumable. Can’t recall my stats but I was either 220 or 221 with my skill points around 350. I prioritise Health to maximise the 50% bonus.

I’ll confess I find it really hard work. I don’t know if this is true for other tank powersets? It’s hard to know when you don’t switch yourself, your relying a little on feedback from others. I will say this for Fire tanking in elite though, the 3 powers I’m constantly looking to come off cooldown are Hard Light Shield, Amazonian Deflection and Personal Dampening Field (ok not neccessarily a power). The other powers on my power bar feel like bad fillers on a Christmas compilation album!

Not sure what Fire tanking needs. I’d certainly like to use the powerset as intended and not rely on Iconic Powers and consumables. My suggestion would be to perhaps look at slightly improving the health buff. Another option could be looking at allowing Fire to keep its healing in bonus whether blocking or not.
    • Like x 2
  20. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Fire is lacking in both roles. It needs a bit of a buff for DPS, especially in the DoT department.

With fire tanking for nearly 7 years I feel fine, even elite content. I even feel more comfortable as fire than rage atm and I’v had a rage tank since it was released. I may not be the best one to comment for that reason but LT’s numbers speak for themselves... fire tank is lacking. I’d suggest, just going off the tank v tank thread here, giving it the same 50% innate defence boost as the rest of the tanks when it isn’t blocking and keep it’s healing in percentage when it is blocking. That would be a start at least and adjust from there if necessary.

Use a 360 AoE weapon combo, bow or DW weapon mastery are great, and as a fire tank you certainly will be beating DPS and earth tanks. Topping the board in DPS stacked alerts is a daily occurrence for me... also helped by the nerf DPS recieve for stacking. Regularly come top 3 as a fire tank in a 5 DPS stacked PanoE (not sure if there’s a stacking penalty for DPS in raids but being the last guy alive always helps).

Thank me later :p
    • Like x 2