Make boss fights worthwhile....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kharhaz, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Kharhaz Committed Player

As far as loot drops go, they are horrible. Admittedly, in this newer content, I have been luckier than most, and have a few 100 drops.

However, shouldn't the boss fight guarantee a 100% top tier CR drop?

As it stands, it is ridiculous how so many people can spend so much time on the final boss, some not even beating it, and when they do to be rewarded with nothing but salvage.

The end boss should give a GUARANTEED reward. The last boss is the hardest, it has the most health, the biggest chance of one shotting you. If you beat that boss, then the rewards should match the effort put in to beat that boss.

As it stands, you can put so much time and effort into beating that boss only to be given gear that is worse than the lowest you currently own!

Boss fights should give the best gear drops they can, not make the whole experience null and void.
    • Like x 1
  2. TechnoDestructo New Player

Lol...........
  3. Kharhaz Committed Player

Care to elab...... actually dont......:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  4. X-zero Loyal Player

Not even I beat the guardian of the underworld and all I got is this 98 t-shirt shirt.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kharhaz Committed Player

The Cerberus fight in particular can be a pain in the bum. And when you have killed him, he can rise and kill everyone for one last attack. And the reward for beating this troublesome beast? A 98 trinket!

This really shouldn't be!
  6. TechnoDestructo New Player

Lol......... the cycle of endless complaining continues you get 98 gear because of the countless threads just like this one.... womp womp womp... here is a great idea devs for the next dlc don't give extra marks or gear but rather a lump of coal you can sell for $2 at any vendor.... lol I truly feel bad for the devs this community has gone from bad to worse to unbearable....
  7. Kharhaz Committed Player

Thank you for your invaluable input.

Shall we move on?
    • Like x 2
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

They can't give you a guaranteed reward because in 15 runs, you'd have a complete set of gear.

Likewise, if they did give you a guaranteed drop, they would make most of the items extremely rare so that it's virtually impossible to achieve a full set. To which everyone will be back on the forums complaining that they're sick to death of receiving Hands or Waist or whatever. Thus arriving back at square one without resolving anything.

If you're sick of your raids meaning nothing, then demand the developers use (or add an additional) a system which doesn't select your reward at random and instead lets you choose your reward.

A marks/mission based system is the fairest system to both the developers (who get to choose how long the grind lasts) and the players (who are guaranteed a reward depending on how much effort they put in). But they aren't the only possible solutions.
    • Like x 2
  9. Kharhaz Committed Player

The 100 drop can still be random. It may well be a piece we already have. I am saying that the last boss SHOULD be rewarding, its not fair so many players go through hell and back only to be rewarded with tripe.

I have seen many players go through raids, get a high drop early on and call it a day because they know they will be wasting there time with the rest of the raid! And its hard to criticise them when they are right!

Love and War for example, if Zatanna dropped a piece of good gear, then get ready to say "cya" to those who got it, as they knew that they would not be that lucky again, and the rest of the raid would be a waste of time and effort.

The last boss should be rewarding for the time and effort it takes to beat them.
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

But again, if the developers are guaranteeing a drop by beating the end boss, then in 15 runs, you could have a complete set of gear, which is bad for their business. So they'd never make it truly random. It would be a case of certain items being more common than the rest resulting in the same items dropping all the time.

Whilst 98 gear is tripe, so is a third set of feet. I can't do anything with it and yet it's my reward for beating the hard content.

This approach you are requesting is what they call a Red Herring. It would solve absolutely nothing and be a complete waste of time.

The only solution to the problem which caused you to post this thread is a system where we earn our gear fair and square without having to fight against an automated random number generator that has no safety net or takes effort into consideration.
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

NO! this is a feeling that seems to be gaining speed. this game made its bones on a grind. our devs over and over again run people out of town. since they shrunk the population of dumb moves they to compensate exceled the leveling process. funnel the new guys up the ladder till they have to spend money. then the advancement from level 30 to t6 is................... its easier now to go from level 30 to T6 then it use to be to go from T1 to T2.. this has players feeling they deserve something every raid. WRONG THIS IS STUPID AND TAKES AWAY ANY GRIND. all they should do is garunte you can fully gear up in a reasonable time b4 the next DLC. anything above this goes against what the game is and in my opinion makes those asking sound clueless to the mmo genre
    • Like x 1
  12. Kharhaz Committed Player

This shouldn't be a grind though!

Take into account all those who have ran raid after raid, and have been rewarded with, well nothing!

Take into account all those players, who have invested hours into beating the final boss, only to be rewarded with nothing!

Its not a question of leveling up, its a question of being rewarded for putting the time and effort into beating a level.

The arguments I am seeing are null and void. It takes away the grind? well many leagues pay for each others replay points, they carry each other through the raids, its not so much a grind anymore, its a carry all.

In 15 runs you could have all the gear, WE ARE SEEING THAT NOW!

Like I have pointed out, I have been lucky in my drops. However not everyone shares that same luck. I respect the arguments against what I have proposed, I really do. However I do feel not everyone is seeing the reason for my proposal.

Not everyone is able to complete these raids, and when they do, they should at least be guaranteed one reward.
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

So what happens when you invest hours into beating he final boss and run raid after raid and are rewarded with a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th? 9th? 10th? set of feet? You're not answering that question. Yet this is exactly the sort of outcome to expect from this red herring solution.
  14. Kharhaz Committed Player

Well that is utterly down to the RNG.

Luck plays the part. However, it doesn't make the final boss utterly pointless. It will still give you a chance of getting a reward.
  15. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I can guarantee you, 100%, that if the developers made any final boss drop a guaranteed piece of the best gear, one or two items would be as common as mark drops were in DLC11 and 12 with the rest being as hard to obtain as level 100/101 gear is now in the raids.

You would be back on the forums proposing another suggestion within weeks of the content launching. Because it would solve nothing.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kharhaz Committed Player

Its very rare I propose anything, indeed look at my history. I don't make a habit of it.

In this case, I have proposed something, and you have made it your own personal mission to shoot down my proposal.

Congrats.

Its good to know players like you are around.
  17. MrBeefCakes New Player

I got all 98 drops today from the new raids.

Never again.
  18. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

All I am doing is explaining why your idea will result in the exact same outcome that you're complaining about: Running content and getting nothing you're searching for.

Discussing. On a discussion forum.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

i don't know how long have you been playing the game, but i remember back in the days we shared loot for every drops, and that includes boss drops, meaning u have to need/greed everything, and i mean EVERYTHING. i remember it takes like 2 month before i finally saw that 1h drop from prime i've been craving for, just to see it ninja-looted by another player. and just as a note before t5, not everyone can complete prime even with a full t4. a pug with random strangers will most likely to fail. u really need ppl who understand the mechanics there.

now its much easier to get drops despite not dropping the highest gears everytime. but at least u dont have to roll with the other 7 players to get that 1 piece of gear drop. just be patience, or if ur not patience enough just buy replay badges and makes the devs happy lol. even without replays i think u will still get the set by the time the next tier is introduced.
  20. hudapak Well-Known Player

The newest DLC, thankfully, has been a little bit generous with me but the rest is just plain ridiculous. You go through all that trouble to beat the boss and end up with just marks - very lousy marks! Not even a frickin base item or better yet a plan. And getting those gear for cr and stat improvement or even style sometimes feel like a myth. And guess what, when I get really frustrated I quit running those stupid instances that I now consider as waste of time. I used to try chasing feats, but now I just don't give an effing F. But just for the record, this DLC is a bit tolerable thanks to some loot drops. It isn't that good but at least more people from my league are tempted to come back because of this.