Major issues that inconvenience our gameplay

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LyleLambert, Dec 14, 2021.

1. LyleLambert Well-Known Player

Today at 07:46

Hello,
    I have been experiencing the following issues with my account.
    1. The fortify menu has been disabled for 3 days putting a big inconvenience on my inventory from having to hold three times the supplies that I normally need to store.
    2. Artifacts have not been visible or editable for 3 days putting a big inconvenience on my in game experience.
    3. Name calling aka verbal abuse has been a constant issue in the LFG chat. Not one day goes by where I do not see somebody calling people names like trash, newb, scrub, ***, moron, and ******* etc… including and not limited to harassment and trolling. It is an ongoing issue ever since I began to play, Putting a big inconvenience on being able to use the LFG to find a group.
    4. The sound effects, music and other sound related things have been cutting out when I switch characters and or teleport to certain areas. In some cases the sound has become completely disabled all the together or just specific things like weapon attacks or powers as well as background music.
    5. The amount of DPS players in the game make it near impossible to complete the raids. Queuing up an instance and getting into a group of all DPS players is the norm as well as failing to complete the instance. This is a big inconvenience on my gaming experience and I feel that Not enough importance has been placed on the roles and playing the roles. Turning off role optional alerts doesn’t work at all. This needs to be addressed.
    6. Frequent daily disconnects are a big inconvenience on my in game experiences and they happen all to often.
    7. Being ridiculed and abused for playing my role of Controller and frequently asked to switch to DPS. This a big inconvenience on my gaming experience.
    8. Being called trash and kicked out of instances when my DPS is not up to the standards of the players when working on my alternate characters with low arts and skill points in the instances is causing a big inconvenience on my in game experience.

• 9. Add Skipping. Players are skipping the adds and leaving people behind to die this is causing a big inconvenience on my gaming experience and more than qualifies for area Disruption.
      Skipping adds should not be allowed in some cases and these people should be reprimanded.
    • 10 My character reached 351 Combat Rating over the last few days. I log in today and I’m now at 345 Combat Rating. This is unacceptable, my time is valuable and the time it takes to get these characters leveled up is significant. Its significant enough to get my Combat Rating back immediately with full compensation. I worked very hard to obtain this rating on several characters. It takes days. My omnipotent gear has dropped incredibly low even though they maxed out. What is going with this game? Why are these things happening at all? Please do something about it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

hate to say it but name caling been around a long time and nothing ever been done about it. Everyone wanted to dps and not wanting to learn to play role been a round time. Game keeps focusing on damage side and never enough for the other roles. That falls on the devs. I agree, this is becoming unacceptable. Last few days was able to beat the normal alert no problem, played this morning, couldn't pass The Batman who laughs. Times couldn't heal other teammates, kept running out of power, when I didn't have this issue before, lost cr in the process, possible certain features not working. Feel like things keep getting worse and worse with each dlc. Tired of this laziness from the gaming industry as a whole, not just DCUO. Tired of putting out incomplete untested games, tired of being the beta tester so they can go back and fix stuff after.
  3. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

While you have some very valid complaints that I agree with, I do take issue with a few:

5 & 7.) No one should be forced to play a role they do not wish to play, but just like you shouldn't be inconvenienced by being forced to go DPS instead of controller, DPS shouldn't be inconvenienced by being forced to swap to a role. They have every bit as much right to play the role they want as you do. I do however agree that the role-optional toggle is broken right now and needs to be fixed.

8.) While being called "trash" is toxic behavior and unacceptable, being teamed with a super low DPS that isn't carrying their own weight is an inconvenience to the rest of your group. Your personal inconvenience isn't more important than their own. In this instance, all I can say is get good or get over it.

9.) This is entirely personal preference. Plenty of people would consider stopping for every possible add in the instance being a massive waste of time and a major inconvenience. Again, your personal inconvenience is not more important than the inconvenience of others who feel opposite to you.