Mail error: Can not send across platforms

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Kzinti, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Kzinti Committed Player

USPC: Hero
    I Just tried to send some collection from Legendary account to one of my alts on a premium Account
    And got "mail error Can not send mail attachment across platforms"
    both accounts are on USPC
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you log in your alt, and then try again?
  3. Kzinti Committed Player

Seems to be working now, thanx
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I am getting this error on my PS accounts.
  5. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

I just tried to send mail from Playstation 4 to my brother on Playstation 3 and recieved the following message in yellow text.

"Mail Error - Cannot send attachments cross platform"

6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The recipient of the mail must have logged in after GU56.
  7. Kzinti Committed Player

Was getting the same error again today, logged in to all of my accounts and and that seemed to have fixed it
  8. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Getting the same thing here. Yesterday, I tried to send some collection pieces from one character to an alt on a different account. Got the error. Logged into the alt character, and that fixed it.

Then to day I tried to do the same thing on a different character on the same account as the first character, again to the same character on alt account. Got the error again. Signed on to the alt character again, and now it seems the items I was trying to send to the alt are gone from the previous character, but have not been sent to the alt character.
  9. Kzinti Committed Player

Getting Error again today
    Seems we have to log into every account every day before they can receive mail.
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Good luck. I hope support helps you out. In the future, I would recommend using the shared bank slots to share valuable items between characters.

• Like x 1
  11. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm very sorry for this trouble. Is there any reason why the shared bank wasn't working? I think it might be a good idea to use that until this mail system is less wonky.
    • Like x 1
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant. I truly hope support will help you out despite their policy of no help in that regard.
  13. Kzinti Committed Player

Yours may be a different problem, I have not lost any mail, it will not send it unless I log into the account 1st
  14. Slade Wilson Devoted Player

This is not a permanent fix. After servers were down for maintenance, the error returned (same character as recipient in 3 mails: failed, character login -> ok, maintenance -> failed again) while it was gone in between.
    • Like x 1
  15. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I am getting the same issue again today as I was when I originally posted as I was unable to log on yesterday. I will do the work around for today but I was wondering if there is a permanent fix coming as this seems to be a recurring issue.
  16. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  17. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Same thing happened to me today as this did not happen on Wednesday. Went to the other account to get the work around for today and once I went back the items I tried to send were gone. They were average collections so I am not worried about them (Saw what hk2hal posted and didn't send the rares) but this was on ps and there is no record of them being sent or deleted. Hopefully Mepps gets us an update on each issue. (This is the other thread on the original email error https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ot-send-across-platforms.267301/#post-3566990 )
  18. DixonFive New Player

It's not separate.
    I tried to attach a Purple couch, it didn't send. The Purple couch then vanished. It's the same issue.
    Give me back my couch. And try testing things before releasing them. A functional game is what we want, and pay for, not frivolous and constant "updates" that break the game.

Seriously, give me back my couch.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating further.
    • Like x 1
  20. Trykz Dedicated Player

"F your couch!" Sorry couldn't resist...
  21. Killing Joke New Player

I have just lost 2 auras, a red plasmic and a green plasmic and a few bits trying to send between accounts.
    Got the "cross platform" error, and the items were gone from my inventory. Checked the recipient, no mail... :mad: