Mail - Account Bound Items "An error occurred sending your mail ..."

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Giga Vamm, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Why are we not able to send account bound items through the mail to alts?
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The mail system does not have a filter to determine if the character you are trying to send to is an alt of yours. The only way to send account bound items between characters is by the shared bank.
    • Like x 12
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

^
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Shared bank only.
    • Like x 3
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

They really should add the filter. In other games, one way to ensure that items are sent to the right character within the same account is to also attach an account bound item. In other games, accidentally sending items to the wrong character can also be fixed by submitting a support ticket. This game not only doesn't provide a safe way to send items to alts by sending account bound items to make sure the mail is sent to the right character, support adds insult to injury by not providing support for items sent to the wrong character.
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

All of which can be solved by transferring items using your Shared Bank! ;)
    • Like x 5
  7. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I can't share cash through my shared bank. :oops:
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You can mail cash though, lol.
    • Like x 4
  9. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

But I can't ensure that it goes to a character on my account by mailing cash with an account bound item attached.
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

?

1. You can mail cash as a subscriber to anyone in the entire game. The mail system isn't set up to detect whether that character is a member of your account or a random player. The responsibility of making sure it goes where you want it to is up to you.

2. You can't mail account bound items because the mail isn't set up to detect whether who you're sending it to is an alt or a random player. So, from default, it says, no. Mailing account bound items isn't going to happen.

3. Another reason is if you could mail account bound items, what would be the purpose of the shared bank? Why even offer unlocks or more space for this feature if you could just mail anything anytime anyway?
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

If you're running out of shared bank space they're selling more haha
    • Like x 3
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Here's an idea so crazy, it might just work!

1) While at the main Character Selection Screen, grab a piece of paper and a pen, and then WRITE DOWN the EXACT names of all of your characters!

2) On each of your characters, one-by-one, add all of your OTHER alt characters to their FRIENDS LIST!

3) When sending emails to your characters, I believe you can pull up your Friends List and select the Friend from there.

Problem --> SOLUTION! ;)
    • Like x 3
  13. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

FTFY

Yeah, since I want to sort through the 350 people in my mail list every time I want to send money to an alt. Your solution workaround might be an actual solution and not a workaround if we had features in our mail to separate who our friends are, who our alts are, and who our league-mates are.
  14. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

So essentially what you're saying is the tools are already in place to do everything in game, so there is no need to change anything to improve the current systems. I disagree. I think they could easily either

1. Allow us to send account bound items to alts through the mail as an extra precaution to making sure we are definitely sending our mail to the right character.

or

2. Add the ability to send cash through the shared bank system.

or

3. Allow us to sort our friends in our contacts list for mail based on whether they are friends, alts, or league-mates.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I have no problem with suggesting the devs add a way to pool cash in the shared bank. I supported that idea in another thread. This thread, however, was dedicated to the question of why we can't mail account bound items, and I think that question has been answered many times over.

You're asking the devs to spend time changing an existing system, not just for free, but also to take away money made from purchaseable shared bank slots at the same time. While I respect your right to request that, I wouldn't hold my breath, lol.
    • Like x 2
  16. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Maybe they should sell even more. Artifacts, catalysts, R&D materials, event related items, etc. take up a lot of space when trying to keep mains and alts up to speed. Add in the inability to share cash via the shared bank, too. The extra slots help, but they're still fairly limited.
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Or try to limit the amounts of xXx's in your name, lol.

Unless your names are extremely similar to a bunch of other people, there are literally very frew reasons that you should ever have problems sending money to YOURSELF. Why? Because if you spell a name wrong, but that character doesn't exist, the mail doesn't get sent.

So, if you're Blue Canary, and you accidentally write Blue Cannary, it won't go unless someone else has that name.

Also, what i'm seeing here is skipping around the issue, unless the OP just can't make up their mind.

First it was, can't send account-bound items to alts.

Now it's, want to use account-bound items as a safeguard to make sure I'm not spelling my own alts' names wrong?

Maybe a better title for this thread would be, Devs: Need to Add Tab to Mail with Account Alt Names.
    • Like x 3
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Which you can conveniently add more space to now in the Marketplace...;):D
    • Like x 4
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

All of these things can be mailed. Sorry, you're still reaching.
    • Like x 1
  20. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

And how do I make sure I'm mailing them to the right characters five items at a time if I can't also attach an account bound item to be 100% sure I entered the name correctly? Make sure I friend the alt, scroll through the 350+ names to choose the right alt, and then send it? Yeah, that's not at all cumbersome.