LPVE: Still waiting on an official answer

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I can agree to that. At least it would cut down the time it takes to complete these!
  2. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Anything new to report!? I really would like an answer from a dev.
  3. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The revamp has messed up lpve and PvP the ideas of the revamp was just to make money out of pve. That's how it's gonna stay. They don't have the man power for how much work it would be to get lpve going and PvP. The only hope we have for this game getting any better is if their new mmo for next gen is dcuo 2. And it better be dcuo 2 because dcuo one is and has been done because of the revamp. It destroyed PvP and pve
  4. Draconiano Committed Player

They can do it in a single day, reduce the total count of the feats to something reasonable, healthier and achievable.
    If they reduce the feats then it isn't necessary to fix it.
    Off-topic but I think they are not going to do a Dcuo 2, that's bassicaly killing all their actual playerbase, not everyone will move to a new game to start from scratch. That's a risky move and not clever.
    • Like x 1
  5. AV Loyal Player

I would hate this. If people know what they're doing, DPS isn't a problem. The problem is the sheer number required and the fact that it becomes almost pointless after 1500-2000 runs because you can only work on one category at a time then. I think it would be more than reasonable for them to reduce the count to at least 1500-2000 or lower but I'd personally rather just see them actually incentifize LPVE play.
    • Like x 3
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I think it's a risky move to keep dropping eps when people are done the end game grind in 2 days 1 month. Ì think the game is done and alot of people I'm sure feel the same way. I'm 100% down for dcuo 2 even if it means starting over. Close dcuo one Down it's over the revamp killed it
  7. Draconiano Committed Player

Thanks for the reply devs.
  8. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Hi Devs, can we at least discuss you guys adding them to the next CR skip token?
  9. nawanda Loyal Player

Quote from recent Jack Emmert Interview

I need to come up with ways to engage players and to deliver them something that they want to buy. I can't depend on a one time purchase of $60. I need them coming back day in and day out. That keeps us on our toes as developers and makes us focus on our players and what they want.

Translation - he’s only interested in finding ways to make us spend money.
    • Like x 2
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Here's an idea: if you want to run LPVE, run it. If you don't want to run it, don't run it.

There, problem solved.
    • Like x 2
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Ever run a business? No? Because it turns out that turning a profit is a bit important.

The "only" comes only from you. If Jack just wanted to make money, there are plenty of ways that are easier than running a game studio for an MMORPG. If it were easy to run an MMORGP and make piles of money, everyone would do it.

"ON OUR PLAYERS AND WHAT THEY WANT."

Try translating that honestly. If they don't give players enough of what they want, they'll cease to be players. How would that possibly benefit DCUO/Dimensional Ink?
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

Yes I have run a business, not that that’s the qualification you need to have an opinion on how this one is run or to understand the notion of making a profit.

Seeing as I’ve got it all wrong and I just don’t understand, and as you’re Jack’s guardian, justify the devs ignoring thread after thread on this topic in the context of business acumen. That’s what this is really about and whatever your take on that quote - it’s a dismal situation after telling us this was being looked at. Clearly there are a number of players who really want answers and we’re sick of radio silence.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
  14. Draconiano Committed Player

You know you can say that about PVP and basically any other instance that isn't working as intended and it sounds silly, right?
    If you say that LPVE is working as intended then you are a denialist or just plain trolling.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PvP: broken mechanics, unbalanced powersets, unfair advantages
    LPvE: red barrels do more damage than iconics...

Apples and oranges.

Edit: For the record I personally would love to see both worked on but let's not compare a flaming turd to a nerf football.
    • Like x 1
  16. Draconiano Committed Player

Both are broken, both should be fixed.

I just don't see the point in people coming to the thread just to say stuff like "if you don't like it, don't run it". We are asking for a fix for something that IS broken.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And I support that 100%. But looking back on the original post, the true spirit of this thread:

Is nerfing/removing/auto granting feats really a true fix for LPvE when the feats themselves are attainable just not practical nor desirable to chase? Making us OP to the point where we're burning through LPvE within minutes is also not an appropriate fix in my opinion. But I do want to see a more balanced solution in terms of player damage/NPC health and the red barrels need to be entirely readjusted.
    • Like x 2
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Nope. You may be asking, but that's not what the OP wrote in the slightest.
    Nerfing is not "fixing."

There's plenty wrong with LPVE -- I have no idea why the devs and Mepps have for years been saying that it takes only 5-10 minutes when back in reality they take half an hour or even more -- but demanding a nerf isn't demanding a fix. Nerfing isn't fixing.
    • Like x 1
  19. Draconiano Committed Player

Tell that to all the Venom Wrist Dispenser users.

OP used the word "nerf" but he could have said "lower/reduced/adjusted" or any other word and you wouldn't be complaining about the nerfs.
  20. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Problem not solved. I would like to achieve the feats. But not to the unrealistic amount the devs are asking for.

Carry on
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.