LPVE or stop wasting your life for farm

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TiGGeR.TSK, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caroline Dedicated Player

What I meant by it is that I am not crazy enough to go beyond to gather these feats.

The reason I said these things is because everyone jumps around, thinking that they have some kind of power on people who don't have these feats done.

230 is not crazy, however grinding LPvE all day, everyday is very unhealthy, at least for me.

And yes, I personally spend a lot of time in the game, however I don't play it, cause it's my job or something, and honestly, I don't think that people find LPvE fun.

And sure, check other people's posts and then come back at me.

I'm not the only one who realized that these feats are crazy and even though I have done half of them, I still think they need some kind of reducement.
    • Like x 2
  2. wisetoons Well-Known Player

Those lpve general feats are like, a mad guy dropped a coin to the well and many clever guys trying to get the coin back.
    I stopped paying membership because of that general lpve feats, honestly i can not pay for torture myself, 5250 lpve runs, just nevermind.

I used to help newbies, friends, have fun with content, but i just realized that most of the end gamers are logging for run some lpve and then getting bored fastly and log off with the feeling of getting bored and not willing to log back, in my case i just stopped paying and playing,

To the people who are complaining about the reduction will be unfair to the people who are completed them; i and many of my friends spent big time and completed 250 pvp arena feats with multiple toons and then it was reduced to 50, we felt crazy in the beginning and then realized that is good for dcuo community, i hope that same will be about lpve soon that may lead many players including me to come back to game and have fun with real challenges like helping friends, leaguemates, playing pvp, running content, gather some exobits (i feel good while gather exobit in metropolis or gotham, this may lead me to see some old friend or league mate and may lead to group for any content, a little nostalgie here), run any instance for get some simple or complex material but exactly not running the same instance over and over and over and .....5250xover...total 1050xover is fair enough...just divide all counters by 5 and it is fine just like what they did to pvp arena feats
    • Like x 1
  3. Kayla El Committed Player

Same thing can be said about the pvp arena feats and those where only 250 not 750.

Nobody was REQUIRED to get all those feats - so they didn't need to be reduced yet they where
    There was no TIME LIMIT for attaining those feats - so they didn't need to be reduced yet they where
    Some people had ALREADY completed those feats - so they didn't need to be reduced yet they where
    Others where ON THEIR WAY to completing those feats - so they didn't need to be reduced yet they where

I had already completed those feats and they where still reduced but i still wonder to this day why!? Oh wait i just remembered that the game is almost 6 years old and there are new players joining every day. Well good luck to all of them catching up to us with feats such as the lpve ones that require you to run them 5250 times, or feats such as the arena/lpvp ones that required you to win them 1500 times. But ok, ok they can live without 7.2 skill points you can get from the lpve feats or the amount of skill points you can get from the arena/lpvp feats, or the amount of skill points you can get from the gathering exobits feats and so on, you get the idea.

For the record winning every arena 250 times with a total amount of 1500 for all 6 maps (Batcave, Arkham, Ace, Starlabs, Outback, Moon) wasn't even that bad especially considering the fact that most of the pvp matches took way less then 10 min, but these legend pve feats are beyond exaggerated. Nobody is required to get all those feats you say, there is no time limit to attain those feats you say, for sure nobody is required to get any feat in the game and the time is not limited to get any of those feats either but did you know that there are leagues and groups out there that are already asking for a minimum of skill points and which is pretty high!?

I really can't understand how some of you are defending feats that require almost no skill at all and stupid amount of time to complete, but hey if you enjoy them that much then why not ask the devs nicely to increase the feat counters of all families to 1000. People are not asking for a nerf because they are lazy and want to get everything the easy way. They are asking for a nerf because they don't have hundreds of hours to spend and they don't want to bore themselves to death by repeating a series of instances that pretty much feel like a chore just to get a few more skill points and stay competitive with the rest of the community's standards.

Maybe those players that don't have so much time to play are the ones that spend the most money on this game. They want to stay competitive and while they can use replay badges to repeat an instance and gear up fast they can't use replay badges to complete farming feats that require a lot of time to complete. At some point they get pissed cause they don't have the amount of skill points needed to join groups or leagues and they simply decide to quit. I wonder how financially healthy will that be for the future of this game.
    • Like x 2
  4. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

The PVP feats were changed when they took maps away and put them into a rotation. Those feats were tied to a specific map and you might only see that map for a little bit each year.

These feats are not tied to any certain map and there is always one or two maps available...

Comparing the 2 is really an apples to oranges thing
    • Like x 1
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

not really since lpve maps are rotating aswell and u can find farming groups only for certain maps.

as we all know farming without a premade group is a nightmare.
    • Like x 1
  6. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

No its not apples and oranges. A Feat is a Feat. The people who benefited from nerfing the style feats and pvp feats benefited from the nerf. How is that different from people benefiting from this?
  7. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Tied to a certain map that is not available = apple
    Not tied to any specific map and a map (or 2) is always available 24/7/365 = orange
  8. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Sound like you are against the nerf? maybe?

So am I

<see my reply to spack2k about apples vs oranges>
  9. TinoDadzz Active Player

I dont find PVP fun so i dont do it.
    When someone beats you in pvp they record it and put it on youtube how the whipped you good
    then send you tells how they destroyed you. PVP people bragging is far worse. They even brag in trade chat.

I dont like Survival Mode i dont run it either!!

If you dont find LPVE fun dont do it!!

The few i ran i find to be relaxing.
    • Like x 1
  10. TinoDadzz Active Player

5250 is a exaggerated figure !!!
    I mean if your going for a feat like LPVE be honest with yourself 1 run per day ????

1. I say if these feats are reduced reduce the families to 500 instead of 750

2. Introduce short solos and duos for LPVE

3. Open all the maps

4. New LPVE toons example. Penguin, Gorrilla Grod, Aquaman, Manhunter, Ra's Al Ghul, Swamp Thing, Doomsday, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Beast Boy, Brainiac, DoomsDay, Deathshot, Booster Gold
    • Like x 2
  11. UltraVillain Committed Player

The real problem imo is that LPVE is about the dullest form of content in the game, make it fun, give us freedom in how what we complete and when, give us variety in how we tackle it in teams or solo......then these feats start to make sense and even become side benefits of having fun.

Changing goal posts is never a good idea, people have proven these feats are eminently attainable...the only thing is time whether you hit them and endure the pain of repetition or whether you leave them to occur as a natural side effect of ongoing play. Actually having feats that require an ongoing investment or commitment is exactly the sort of thing the game needs more of these are reasons to stay on-line and to log in going forward.

We should be championing ideas and content that work to make our time fun not derail developers with considerations that can only work to bring our productive time to a premature end.
    • Like x 1
  12. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I support 3 and 4
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There's really not much they can do to LPvE to make it more "fun." It uses the games basic hack and slash combat system. You either like it or you don't. Redoing LPvE would require them to redo the entire games combat system.
  14. UltraVillain Committed Player

Making for lpve solos and duos would help a lot, rather than require massive repetition of a limited amount of content spread it out, offer choice and give us freedom to mix it up while incrementally moving us forward....this is in essence the problem with DCUO right now, the content is there, there is stuff we could do and there are choices we could be given that allow us to tailor our time in a way that maximises potential fun...but sadly instead our reward and progression is biassed and restricted into a mere fraction of the whole, exaggerating repetition, undermining choice, individuality and freedom and this is what works to turn what should be fun instead into a real chore.
  15. Kayla El Committed Player

So you think that was the only reason they reduced the number of wins required for each map!? If that were true then why don't they change it back again now that all maps are available. So what if they were changed when they took maps away it was still a major reduction 200 difference for each map to be more specific with a total of 1200 that i and many others had already done and like i already said now all of the maps are available once more and the feats remained the same.

What does it even matter that the maps where rotating? Yes you couldn't farm the wins for the maps that weren't available so how is this exactly a reason for them to adjust the number of wins needed for the feats? When i farmed those feats i didn't queue for all of them at the same time i focused on one at a time so all of them being available or not at the same time didn't really matter at all.
  16. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

They did the same things to the Pvp arena feats and we werent insulted at all..
  17. Sgt Bombero Committed Player

I support this. 14 years is a bit much...
  18. MacFuego Active Player

how about adding quicker single player and duos to the mix. 3 or 4 min runs, that would help at least, Yep there a few people who have completed them, my hats off to them, but still if you want the population to finish the feats do something.
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

60 likes speak for itself, the other thread against reducing has 4 ... were is the democracy?
  20. wisetoons Well-Known Player

i just logged in to see dcuo after 3 months when i dropped my sub, general lpve feats are still there, just logged off before subbing 3 months,
    denying to play dcuo unless they remove that torture from feat list, no need to play unless there is no possibility to complete all feats how i used to be before lpve dropped, those numbers are just torturing time..
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.