Lowered ceilings in Atlantis and low ceilings in general

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MsTickle Fate, Nov 16, 2018.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Why?

So far as I'm concerned, the more available verticality and three-dimensionality in an environment, the more realistic and immersive and fun it is. I'd like to see all the ceilings that aren't as high as standard OG Metropolis and Gotham City RAISED, not lowered.

I understand that sometimes there are problems with NPCs wandering upwards, but surely there are cures for that that don't kill immersion and damage the player experience?

Is there any other reason so many "open air" environmental ceilings are as low as they are?

(I understand why you don't want us flying over linear progression instances, obviously, but that doesn't apply to open air environments.)

Flying and swimming are fun. So the fun should be and gets cut back? :(
    • Like x 4
  2. Vagrant Committed Player

Because it’s being done to fix the crashes that occur in Atlantis...it says it in the dang patch notes dude...
    • Like x 4
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Have you swam to the top ?

The whole screen glitches out.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Facts!
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, rather than fix the glitch, they lower the ceiling? Reminds me of that SG1 episode where the city these people were living in had a dome to keep out some deadly atmosphere, butt the power to the dome was failing which resulted in the dome being shrunk and the city computer would command one of the residents to exit the dome (and die) and then rewrite the survivors' memories so that person never existed
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

....who are you?
    • Like x 6
  7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Lmfao!
    • Like x 1
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

They had to do it for a reason. It sucks but that's the solution they probably had to use
  9. C3alix Committed Player

Lol seriously. People complain about things not getting fixed, but when the dev's do a quick fix, there seems to be a problem with the community's opinion.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Someone who went outside
    • Like x 1
  11. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Lowering the ceiling IS the fix for the glitch. This update has strained their system to its limits, per Mepps. This is the solution.
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I would hope there are alternative solutions. That's all.
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

He says while describing a SG-1 episode in full detail. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :D
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That's not a fix, that's stop-gap measure
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would have loved it if we could swim up to the surface, fly around and dive back down into the water...
    • Like x 2
  16. Dene Devoted Player

It is a fix.. ceiling is too high, lets fix it to be lower.. they over extended it and now are fixing it.. simple
  17. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

according to who? you? and you have vast experience in coding and level design, i'm sure.

Do us a favor and stop stating poorly informed opinions as if they're fact.

You have no idea what you're talking about, and yet you keep talking about your positions as if you do.

This IS the solution. That's an actual fact, one that doesn't require your agreement to be true.
    • Like x 3
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh, well done, you caught me, posting opinions without an officially sanctioned Opinion Only Post License :(

Let me explain how it is a Stop Gap Measure and not a Solution in itself: by lowering the ceiling, it stops players from swimming too high and getting caught in the glitch-tide, which gives the DEVs the time needed to remove the glitch-tide thus allowing them to restore the original ceiling height
    Lowering the ceiling doesn't fix the problem itself

Does that help explain things? o_O
    • Like x 1
  19. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

1) The ceiling is not that high. It is lower than the tallest buildings in Atlantis.
    2) Lowering the ceiling will not fix the visual glitches in the UI and your character going invisible as this happens pretty low on the PS4, around the height of the passageways between buildings.
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Shocked no one has thought to say the DEVs lowered the boom on the glitch
    • Like x 1